Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor's Promotion (And More Art)

HinuRoly

Hey y'all!

I'm so excited about Tyl Regor's rerorked dessign boss battle so much, hinted ingame, at last, just recently in the intercepted message by the queens, (I wonder if Vay Hek is going to end up in the void like another Member of the Grineer high command who failed his queens).

So, with all that excitement I decided to start up a new drawing, starring Tyl Regor! 

Of course that since I started it just a few hours ago, I have nothing more than a mere and messy sketch to show, I want to update this topic with progress on the picture till it's completed. 

down here you'll have a grand sight of Regor's augmented buttocks (best part of his design imo)

tumblr_nhw02o2CmY1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Color update 1: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381849-tyl-regors-promotion-will-be-updated/?p=4219395

- tiny bonus drawing of an unmasked tenno

tumblr_nhvb3lUeeE1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Other Drawings done during the thread

Lotus - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381849-tyl-regors-promotion-updated-daily/?p=4214237

Captain Vor - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381849-tyl-regors-promotion-updated-daily/?p=4221178

Kela de Thaym - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381849-tyl-regors-promotion-updated-daily/?p=4237939

Tenno sketches - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381849-tyl-regors-promotion-updated-daily/?p=4242314

Please stay tuned for the frequent updates on Tyl Regor's amazing buttocks!

Edited by HinuRoly

Wow, I REALLY like your art style these are both great I think this may be one of my favorite unmasked tenno concepts I how the later stage has elements of Japanese style folklore art, getting a strong oni vibe from the left while still incorporating scifi elements and an art style consist with warframe, great job!

I would actually like tenno to be ugly non-human monstrosities that lost even the last bit of their humanity to technocyte. I dont want fancy anime-embers, I mean look at nekros, banshee, oberon, how deformed their bodies are. They surely are no humans anymore.

Edited by Genoscythe

agreed

I'd love for him to stay the same....with his awesome bad@$$ upside down grineer mask 

I admit i'll miss the the upside down mask, but I also love the way his mask still resembles an upsidedown grineer mask, and the weird hat he had at first was now redesigned and placed onto the back of his neck like a huge collar.

I dont know about the super huge Hands tho, I dont think it fits him, hopefully the final design has that changed. I'm all for exchangable arms for weapons tho. 

I would actually like tenno to be ugly non-human monstrosities that lost even the last bit of their humanity to technocyte. I dont want fancy anime-embers, I mean look at nekros, banshee, oberon, how deformed their bodies are. They surely are no humans anymore.

yeee, I'm not really fond of unmasked tenno potrayals that have them all pretty, unscratched even, I praise the art that those pieces have tho, they are amazing. like that late Mesa art? it was gorgeous.

and regarding the bodies of tenno like nekros or oberon? I'd say those are artificial implants?. the Technocyte virus shown ingame generates mass. doesn't shrinks it. or makes it thinner. I mean, that is present in Limbo for example. look at his arms. those are totally cybernetic. 

thanks to y'all for the comments! Tomorrow I'll keep working on it, and add color

yeee, I'm not really fond of unmasked tenno potrayals that have them all pretty, unscratched even, I praise the art that those pieces have tho, they are amazing. like that late Mesa art? it was gorgeous.

and regarding the bodies of tenno like nekros or oberon? I'd say those are artificial implants?. the Technocyte virus shown ingame generates mass. doesn't shrinks it. or makes it thinner. I mean, that is present in Limbo for example. look at his arms. those are totally cybernetic. 

thanks to y'all for the comments! Tomorrow I'll keep working on it, and add color

Its all discussable, once DE said warframes are suits (we craft them), but then there are several points speakign against it, like the gender lock. We could talk for years and not find a solution. DE probably doesnt know themselves what tenno really are.

Its all discussable, once DE said warframes are suits (we craft them), but then there are several points speakign against it, like the gender lock. We could talk for years and not find a solution. DE probably doesnt know themselves what tenno really are.

easy

tumblr_nhw49mdb8x1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Edited by HinuRoly

Never forget Upside down face Tyl Regor

at least the cloning vats have got his head right this time (or whatever they clone the grineer in)

and a small update! Did the first color tests for the picture

tumblr_nhxgjbHVqo1rgx87xo1_1280.png

- Tyl regor like the grineer structure must havea gritty texture on them. 

- there will be steam with a soft orange hue in the background behind of Tyl

- there will be ships on the space surronding uranus. I’ll have to add them later. (gotta find good pics of the grineer ships, if not, I’ll just come up with something)

I'll post another update tomorrow! gotta get dem new community made skins now

Dat Regot butt...

Also where you the guy that did a art piece with a unmasked Nyx and Excalibur together? Just asking because the Excalibut drawing looks familiar.

haha yee that's me. most of my art with warframe has prominent butts in it! (cant stop wont stop, love the buns)

in the meantime. I did a small drawing of Captain Vor to test colors!, He's not very faithful to his ingame design tho, did this while my internet was out, and had no refs to look at (I really wish that Warframe had an actual OFFLINE mode, not being able to play without internet hurts my heart)

tumblr_nhxm6fb9gx1rgx87xo1_1280.png

That's exactly what i want them to be

warframe___infested_excalibur_by_wtfzerg

I view them as zombie like creatures, people who got corrupted by the void and got in exchange incredible powers.

Sorry for not updating on Tyl Regor's pic lately. I been practicing so once i get more into the colors. it will look right and clean!

in the midst of practices I drew Kela de Thaym

tumblr_ni3dxkwSsM1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Her redesign is amazing, I am really happy with the direction that DE is going with the bosses designs

Agreed. That's not to say that any artwork that portrays them as "clean" is inherently bad, but my headcanon is that underneath their suits the technocyte virus has left their skin and flesh pretty messed up and possibly even technorganic. More or less how Hayden Tenno's arm looks in Dark Sector:

Dark%2BSector%2B%25282009%2529%2BSS.jpg