The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

In spoiler: Complaints that to adjust her play-style effectiveness.

She needs more adjustments to her abilties.

I think her final needs to be a toggle.(Not many weapons need infinite ammo. they usually never run out so what's the point?unless...GORGON.)

to me, I think she needs skirt...or it's the trinity prime syndrome.

I think her frame would be a nice addition, if not a little better than oberon.

I don't hate her and I don't mind her either.

I'm not too sure what to say of the addition of this frame her abilties needs buffs to stay with the other frames.

Wood or Petrify for example

Hallowed ground, Warcry or the second ability in white for some reason?

What can I say, I don't want to copy off saryn...by spores soo why not seeds instead...wait...that's like leech see....nvm?

How about changing the passive to something a little less overpowered?...it's kinda....there.

Hmmm....what can I say about this....

9.7/10

-not enough dangley bits.

-Missing skirt.....

-Like last time valkyr...similarity

In the end I don't hate this frame, it's a nice frame...however don't expect me to use her as often as trinity, here's why:

Trinity provides a energy restore and a health restore, and shield buff.

Flora provides a ammo restore, a health(Over time) restore, armor buff and speed buff.

So in the end discussing those two things, what would you choose?

Regardless of those two things lets discuss how they are applied.

Flora provides them likewise a manner that requires flora to forcefully, do matters by her own hand with as much similarity given due to oberon.

Trinity has everything as a instant requiring the players to listen to her.

So in the end discussing those 4 things what would you choose?

In the end it's about preference. not mainly about how you choose their things by their type.

This frame provides a completely different playstyle for support.

In the end I like the way you have deployed the information and how each ability provides significant advantages if used with skill.

It's not as tactical as banshee

Not as simple as trinity

Not as CC as Equinox.

So what can I say? you did a great job.

Now give her a skirt...or more dangly bits.

Even though some of her body look like muscle...if you look closely you will see on the red portion of the leg it largely represents something similar to muscle, never the less, I'm not sure if I may be mistaking it. PM me on the forums, if I am wrong..

Well as far as the aspect of healing, no frame will ever out do her in that aspect, she is the healer frame after all. Flora is not a healer per say.

Flora may not be your cup of tea, and that's ok, but she serves a unique and definitive role in a team, and anyone who desires that playstyle can use it!

also, i think you may have misunderstood the whole infinite ammo aspect. it makes it so you dont have to reload. no ammo is used at all. which means you can just spam the hell out of a full auto weapon without reloading.

Flora's original purpose was to be a buff frame, and i think she does that somewhat nicely.

I appreciate your feedback, and I'll see what i can do without disturbing the concept too much :P

ive tried a lot of different looks for flora, but the V3 seems to be the favorite.

Well as far as the aspect of healing, no frame will ever out do her in that aspect, she is the healer frame after all. Flora is not a healer per say.

Flora may not be your cup of tea, and that's ok, but she serves a unique and definitive role in a team, and anyone who desires that playstyle can use it!

also, i think you may have misunderstood the whole infinite ammo aspect. it makes it so you dont have to reload. no ammo is used at all. which means you can just spam the hell out of a full auto weapon without reloading.

Flora's original purpose was to be a buff frame, and i think she does that somewhat nicely.

I appreciate your feedback, and I'll see what i can do without disturbing the concept too much :P

ive tried a lot of different looks for flora, but the V3 seems to be the favorite.

I'm certainly not feeling the need for a skirt or dangly bits. She looks great.

I like frames that share traits with others and expand on those or bring something new entirely.

Flora has that mixture quality and has something thats her own at the same time.

She continue to be one of the most unique ones and I hope DE have her up on their wall for the next 4 warframes.

In a perfect world, Flora, Typhus, Exzavior, and Furion would all be added.

One can only hope.

:,(

i havent seen the last two, but i'll have to take a look at them!

I like frames that share traits with others and expand on those or bring something new entirely.

Flora has that mixture quality and has something thats her own at the same time.

She continue to be one of the most unique ones and I hope DE have her up on their wall for the next 4 warframes.

Fingers crossed.

Now, i have been thinking with the new lore additions from DE (yay canon lore) I should do some changes with her lore. i think i want to keep it relatively the same but i'll change it up a bit and make it truly a fun experience! In addition i really need to get working on the prime variant.

if i have time i might make a splash art for flora!

again, thank you for all the support you guys have given to flora over the year, can't be anymore thankful!

What if the 'bulb' at the end of her 'ponytail' had a bio-luminescence glow to it?  Just a thought, absolutely love the idea and the look!!

this is in the (what i think will be final) concept of flora!

Additionally, I have started on Flora prime and it's lookin' pretty awesome! Hoping you guys will like it as much as i do!

And lastly, before i release a bunch of art for flora, I think Synthesis needs a rework or something.

So i leave you all with this:

If you could rework or replace flora's 3, what would you do with it?

this is in the (what i think will be final) concept of flora!

Additionally, I have started on Flora prime and it's lookin' pretty awesome! Hoping you guys will like it as much as i do!

And lastly, before i release a bunch of art for flora, I think Synthesis needs a rework or something.

So i leave you all with this:

If you could rework or replace flora's 3, what would you do with it?

I like the third. I despise infested and their viral procs. Perhaps make it a multi type thing, eximus can't knock you or allies down while this is active with their massive wave of fire, mayhaps it could have a cryo effect similar to cryo strips in the void.

Hey Pigman, I'm glad to see the concept is still going strong. I've been sending people here a lot lately and they all seem to have the same opinion as me on flora, which is of course something along the lines of " She looks and sounds amazing why isn't she in game yet!?". One of my friends even went so far as to say he hated me for showing him flora because now he wants it in game, he even sounded like he might play more often if she was in. You and everyone else here deserves a large amount of praise for making this one of ,if not, the best concepts out there. Currently I'm working on my own concept for a frame, and really hoping I can get it to a point where I feel comfortable posting it, however I really do want to draw some very special things for flora so I'm going to see if I can get started with it soon. I hope to see flora in game very soon so I can max her out and really test what she can do. Hopefully you'll hear from me soon and good luck with any and all further things you have planned for flora.

I like the third. I despise infested and their viral procs. Perhaps make it a multi type thing, eximus can't knock you or allies down while this is active with their massive wave of fire, mayhaps it could have a cryo effect similar to cryo strips in the void.

like a garden of thorns.

Hey Pigman, I'm glad to see the concept is still going strong. I've been sending people here a lot lately and they all seem to have the same opinion as me on flora, which is of course something along the lines of " She looks and sounds amazing why isn't she in game yet!?". One of my friends even went so far as to say he hated me for showing him flora because now he wants it in game, he even sounded like he might play more often if she was in. You and everyone else here deserves a large amount of praise for making this one of ,if not, the best concepts out there. Currently I'm working on my own concept for a frame, and really hoping I can get it to a point where I feel comfortable posting it, however I really do want to draw some very special things for flora so I'm going to see if I can get started with it soon. I hope to see flora in game very soon so I can max her out and really test what she can do. Hopefully you'll hear from me soon and good luck with any and all further things you have planned for flora.

May i start off by saying I feel incredibly honored! I thank you for eternity for showing others flora and I'm very glad that they all think she's a fantastic idea!

as for your concept, if you need any help feel free to message me! I'm always willing to help out in any way i can!

One day maybe flora will be in game, but it seems she's not next. Mummy/egyptian frame is next. maybe theyre finally making anubis eh?

like a garden of thorns.

I appreciate all the feedback ive been getting for this!

I'm trying to look for something a little more interactive and buff focused. kinda difficult to get it rolling though since buffing usually is a pretty passive thing and making it interactive can be difficult. I also want to keep the floral/flowery aesthetic.

I kinda was thinking about another offensive buff for her kit. perhaps increase overall damage output or increased status/crit. or perhaps add damage onto abilities. 

An interesting mechanic i was thinking about was perhaps that the buff applies to the closest ally and can change targets while it's active depending on who Flora is closest to. It would promote a sort of interactivity while still being able to grant a buff. but who knows!

On 2/17/2016 at 6:32 PM, nyutoraru said:

Maybe for a helmet design, It could be rose inspired. Or something Venus fly trap inspired.

I'll Keep that in mind!

On 2/17/2016 at 11:16 AM, Feuershark said:

Idon't know it's too f @(*()$ epic

Glad you think so!

On 2/17/2016 at 0:03 PM, arch111 said:

I get such a digimon-vibe from the Prime.

On 2/17/2016 at 1:25 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

flora digivolve to...

giphy.gif

Yasssssssssss

As for The Color, it seems black is mostly preferred, but it has been brought up that perhaps white with a different alternate color. I'll Toy around with Hues and saturation and see what happens

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 11:33 PM, DrBorris said:

I like it more than Typhus :)

(and 1000th reply, gg OP)

noice! can't believe Flora has 1000 replies! Also i'm very glad to hear you like her more!

Still Crossing my fingers that flora may come soon!