Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ordis Be Fixed Or Augmented?

Mickey33

I will go straight into my thought on Ordis:

- When he was first introduced with Mirage, I liked him. It was amusing to hear from an AI - a great immersion for a space si-fi game.

- However, I soon find him annoying. He keeps repeating the same verses in the Liset. And the way his voice is distorted (suggesting the fact that he is "mad" or not fixed) makes me feel uncomfortable. Just like a cliche: a sentence or phrase that is repeated too many times so people start to get fed up.

- Therefore, can ordis be fixed into something useful? For example, no more voice distortion. If we can configure his behavior on ship, that would be amazing. Or, augmented him to become combat cephalon (remind you of your shield/hp or one-time map scan) - com cephalon...etc. For now I have to disable his voice, yet I cannot help notice every time he shows up on screen for nothing interesting.

I imagine his lines after the fix:

"Ordis is happy."

"New inbox message."

"Ordis has been waiting patientely for your return."

I believe the fact that he's slightly malfunctioning is the core of his personality, without which Ordis would just be another anonimous AI.

Edited by Krotalon

I imagine his lines after the fix:

"Ordis is happy."

"New inbox message."

"Ordis has been waiting patientely for your return."

I believe the fact that he's slightly malfunctioning is the core of his personality, without which Ordis would just be another anonimous AI.

Indeed. He is damaged and scarred, at least the Ordis reflects something realistic about war. All these times we keep fighting and fighting, my Excalibur still looks like the day he got out of the manufactory. 

Again, Ordis is unique in his own way and he's good as he is. I also really dont want the thing that keeps me alive, Liset, to be operated by some sort of crazy female AI that has plans to take over the universe. 

Ref: Cephalon Suda.

can ordis be fixed into something useful?

You know, there are personalities that we do not like. In these situations either we leave or try to cooperate. An option to upgrade Ordis would be nice for me.

I think that it would be wise for DE to offer the ability to quest for and craft (rescue? rebuild?) alternate options for players' ship Cephalons. Here's my reasoning behind that statement: it's incredibly hard to make a character/personality that nearly everyone will like. DE has a penchant for making unique, sometimes outlandish characters (Darvo, Alad V, Hek, Limbo... need I go on?), and that makes them memorable. Some people will really take to them, and others will be very put off by them. It's polarizing. It seems like toning things down, and making a fairly average character would garner the most supporters numerically, but then the character's not very interesting. It's those oddities and idiosyncrasies that make people like (or hate) the character.

So some people like Ordis:

I love my Ordis as he is.
Again, Ordis is unique in his own way and he's good as he is.

Others don't, and if there were a smattering of Cephalons to choose from (like there are syndicates, no?), then most people could probably find something that suits their taste. Then, the most people possible would be happy with their on-Liset time.

Edited by JackBeloved

I just want him to stop reminding me of the bloody qeust I'm currently on after every damn mission, ''you should construct the helmet from the limbo blueprint'' I KNOW THE HELMET IS LITERALLY BUILDING AS YOU ANNOY ME ''you should construct the helmet from the limbo blueprint'' SON OF A

hearing that after every mission is just ungodly infuriating

Nothing beats the "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!" line during the Archwing quest when you had to listen to that every time you entered your liset for 3 DAYS while the Archwing was building.

At that time I would have ripped out his circuits and blown him out the airlock if I could.

I would like more story or interaction with Ordis than repeating commentary or infinite reminders on things I don't need reminding of, ever.

Like going on a quest to restore Ordis's memory and logical personality or maybe a choice of messing up his personality driving him completely batS#&$ insane rather than restoring him.

To all you people complaining about Ordis. Here's a solution that SO many people skip, they just complain:

Turn down his volume in the settings to off.

WHAT?!?! NO WAY, HOW'D YOU FIGURE THAT OUT YOU MIGHT ASK .

Well, sir, I'm a Genius

I just want him to stop reminding me of the bloody qeust I'm currently on after every damn mission, ''you should construct the helmet from the limbo blueprint'' I KNOW THE HELMET IS LITERALLY BUILDING AS YOU ANNOY ME ''you should construct the helmet from the limbo blueprint'' SON OF A

I'll do you one better:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/379748-limbo-theorem-quest-sequencing-bug/#entry4185531

I like Ordis, but it would be nice to have more variety.

The broken Ordis should be the starter Cephalon, kind of like the Mk-1 Braton. Then, through quests, alerts, an event, mastery rank, or something, we can get a new Cephalon. A fixed Ordis, a Suda clone, Cordylon, SHODAN, all kinds of different choices. A Grineer or Corpus Cephalon would be interesting. Or maybe one partially corrupted by the Mutalist Infestation.

Though I do wish you could turn off just the video window that pops up when they talk to you. I have gotten SO TIRED of Ordis covering up my color pallets just to tell me that all systems are nominal. Hearing him say it is fine, getting in my way is NOT!

Indeed. He is damaged and scarred, at least the Ordis reflects something realistic about war. All these times we keep fighting and fighting, my Excalibur still looks like the day he got out of the manufactory. 

Again, Ordis is unique in his own way and he's good as he is. I also really dont want the thing that keeps me alive, Liset, to be operated by some sort of crazy female AI that has plans to take over the universe. 

Ref: Cephalon Suda.

FEMALE AI IS PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF RULLING THE SPACE fair and without any issues!!!

#SupportFeminism

#MaleAIisnotbetter

To all you people complaining about Ordis. Here's a solution that SO many people skip, they just complain:

Turn down his volume in the settings to off.

WHAT?!?! NO WAY, HOW'D YOU FIGURE THAT OUT YOU MIGHT ASK .

Well, sir, I'm a Genius

Thank you for plenty of unnecessary capslock and underline statement. Please kindly read the original post before doing a stunt.