Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframe Colors

Solandis

Okay, so I just realized that title may be misleading, but I can't think of a better title so...yeah.

Alright, alright, so we all know about the MM FF pattern of Primes but what about the color pattern?

Excalibur Prime's primary color was White, Frost Prime's primary color was Black, is there a meaning to this? Will this come into play in some way down the line? Probably not.

The pattern so far has been White, Black, White, Black, Black, White, White, Black or WBWBBWWB, now you may say "Solandis, that's not a pattern at all." to which I would respond "You're right! I don't know why I brought it up!" (So please don't say that).

Which brings me to my ultimate point, we can all guess what the next Prime frame will be (for the record I think it'll be Volt) but what color do you think it'll be?! Now you may say "Wait, by your own evidence each set of Frames has had one black and one white so wouldn't we just have a 50-50 chance of being right?" to which I say "Yes! But hey, people have done predictions and gambling on more arbitrary things so why not y'know?"

I guess we can also use this as a place to discuss the general aspects of the colors too. It's kinda interesting how most Primes have an energy color of teal; the only ones that I can think that don't are Ember (for obvious reasons) and maybe Nova? I don't actually know because I don't have her yet but it seems her default color is purple?

• Like 1

Hm... given the possibility of it being Volt, which I hope for too, I'mma guess light colors! I don't think black/white is even fair to say, since most of them have been brown instead of black, and nova was the first to be actually black... and blue.

But yeah, Volt feels like more of a light colors guy to me, I'll admit Frost went full swing and became Brown when he was primed, despise being snow guy..

But yeah, Volt being nice n white sounds pretty nice to me. Bright colors give a feeling of energy and speed for me, while darker colors are calmer and more laid back. And well, I wouldn't call volt a laid back seeming guy, or calm.

Not that DE couldn't make him look good dark.

I've been asking for a prime color picker for awhile now.  Something with a similar animation as the obsidian renown skins.  For me, it would be a worthwhile addition to prime accessories.  I wouldn't even be upset if they only offered two colors and a broad range of tones.  My frames demand more swag and if I can't have multiple sigils then give me boss, animated colors.

It isn't going to be Volt.

Trinity was supposed to be the next prime, not Nova. Trinity is supposed to get cloth texture updates this year. They're probably waiting for that before they turn her into a Prime.

Who else is getting cloth texture? Volt. You might say, "But hey, Frost already got a prime, and he's getting cloth texture!" Yeah, but that was a while back, before they had this texture update planned. DE will probably return to Trinity/Volt after their cloth texture update, so that they don't have to update 6 different models instead of 4.

I'm hoping the next is Volt or Ash... I really have no idea what colors they'll lean toward though. 

I'm assuming Volt will be White/Ecrue combo  and Ash will be the dark grey/gold/burnt orange combo just given the fact that those colors are opposite their basic frame colors.

My bigger concern is their helmets... I'd hate to see Volt come out looking like a Unicorn. Ash's standard helmet is my least favorite of all and the alt helmets may not look right on the prime body.

I'd imagine Volt Prime being white and Ash Prime being black, Trinity Prime being black and Saryn Prime being white. Banshee Prime being black and Vauban Prime being white. I also would've imagined Nyx Prime being black, but then look at the ugly color they made that frame. So, idk. Looks like the art team is being inconsistent again and are now just making them random colors. They couldn't even make the Vasto Prime gold (it was an orange/copperish color). So who knows what color future Primes will be. Art team just doesn't seem to care anymore.

I just feel that the starter warframes - Mag, Excalibur, Loki (and hopefully Volt) - are white as they are more related to Orokin design.  Nyx is a bit of a throwoff unless you know about her original role as a female model for Excalibur.

Frost, Rhino, Ember, and Nova are more likely research and modification of components from towers modified for their function.  Remember, there are slight warframe changes, but the only one that plays a role in interacting with the Orokin technology is the laser/thumper orb energy.  So far, there hasn't been any other functional change in how the Primed versions perform.

Hmm. Alright, alright got some good points going on here. Next question then: what colors do you think prime versions will have? Not just the one you think will be next.

So far they seem to sorta going with a "If they were bright in their standard colors make them dark and vice versa." So going by that...I think Oberon Prime will be black, to sort of evoke a Black Knight/Fallen Paladin aesthetic. Nekros Prime I think'll actually made white to try to show that even those who wield the powers of necromancy aren't all bad and to create more a contrast between his Prime and standard form.

Ooo. This one I'm sort of excited about: Limbo Prime will be white to sort of evoke this Gentleman Thief type of aesthetic.

OvB2lgi.jpg

Also, yes I totally think he'll have a monocle.

• 4 weeks later...

It isn't going to be Volt.

Trinity was supposed to be the next prime, not Nova. Trinity is supposed to get cloth texture updates this year. They're probably waiting for that before they turn her into a Prime.

Who else is getting cloth texture? Volt. You might say, "But hey, Frost already got a prime, and he's getting cloth texture!" Yeah, but that was a while back, before they had this texture update planned. DE will probably return to Trinity/Volt after their cloth texture update, so that they don't have to update 6 different models instead of 4.

It's going to be Volt.

I think Volt will have white as his primary color, and Ash will have black as his. But who knows, they could switch it up to make things more interesting :3

I jus trealised. DE always goes white - black -white -black with their prime frames.

So THATS why Volt's going to be next, because Nova was black, and De must be planning for Ash to be black :D

Yep. I hope Volt Prime looks good, but yeah, I expect he'll be white and Ash will be black.

Besides white/black, most Primes also have a secondary color tint to them; brown on Rhino/Frost/Mag, grey on Nyx, blue/purplish on Nova.

Actually seeing Nova's blue-ish color was more prominent than earlier Primes, I expect Volt Prime to have a prominent secondary color, too. Kinda rooting for white with some purpe-ish tint.