Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Heated Charge

xylonez

People say you gotta give credit where credit is due, and while I'm thankful with the sugatra, I gotta say "What the F, DE?"

That's pretty much my reaction when I saw primed heated charge. I know I should've seen it coming, since information about it has been datamined and all, but I can't believe they actually put it.

What's coming next? Primed Infected Clip, Stormbringer, and Cryo Rounds? Primed Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested? Primed Speed Trigger/Shred? Primed Point Strike and Vital Sense? The primed version of the same thing for secondary and melee?

I, for one, am very concerned about this, because 2015 may very well be the year where the majority of our mods is primed mods. More importantly, I see power creeping written all over these mods. Honestly speaking, I don't like where this is going. Unfortunately, this quickly starts becoming a trend, and band-aids for those mods that needs to be buffed in the first place (i.e Fast Hands, Point Blank).

What do you guys think about this? Am I the only one that feels like this, cause I sure as hell hope not.

Also, please keep this discussion civil.

2015, the year of the Power Creep.

Also, "Hi lets add more and more and more primed mods, which take a tonne more cores that rare 10s to max, but not increase the rate at which rare 5s can be obtained."

Edited by H3dsh0t

I'm glad it's not Primed (any power mod goes here). If they were to introduce a whole slew of primed power mods, the ability spam you see now would only get worse on top of the "powercreep" everyone goes on about.

Primed Heated Charge is just an upgrade to an existing mod you may or may not use, which is exactly as it should be.

I feel like it is a small problem, but I'm scared that if I try to talk about power creep, theres gonna be over 9000 qoutes of my sentence trying to deny it exists and calling me a noob, as in previous discussions on the matter.

Instead, I will support you by saying that instead of creating better versions of mods we have, we could have had alternatives to the mods we have that offer minimal bonuses of some sort, instead of having primed mods bandaid the problematic ones in the first place. 

Edited by Somedude1000

People say you gotta give credit where credit is due, and while I'm thankful with the sugatra, I gotta say "What the F, DE?"

That's pretty much my reaction when I saw primed heated charge. I know I should've seen it coming, since information about it has been datamined and all, but I can't believe they actually put it.

What's coming next? Primed Infected Clip, Stormbringer, and Cryo Rounds? Primed Bane of Grineer/Corpus/Infested? Primed Speed Trigger/Shred? Primed Point Strike and Vital Sense? The primed version of the same thing for secondary and melee?

I, for one, am very concerned about this, because 2015 may very well be the year where the majority of our mods is primed mods. More importantly, I see power creeping written all over these mods. Honestly speaking, I don't like where this is going. Unfortunately, this quickly starts becoming a trend, and band-aids for those mods that needs to be buffed in the first place (i.e Fast Hands, Point Blank).

What do you guys think about this? Am I the only one that feels like this, cause I sure as hell hope not.

Also, please keep this discussion civil.

why complain about somthing that makes u stronger and better and u mightve not heard but dmg changes are comming soon to...

why complain about somthing that makes u stronger and better and u mightve not heard but dmg changes are comming soon to...

Not necessarily true.  DE never said they were changing anything, at this point its just rumors. 

As far as Prime heated charge goes, I am not really worried about it.   Most people will likely never max it out, so they won't get to much benefit from it. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Powercreeep yet again.

Sooner or later there will be a time where everything in the game will be just childs play due to these kinds of mods.

I really wish DE just decides to remove DMG mods ASAP to solve this powercreep problem once and for all.

Really sad on where this is going DE.

I like the Primed Heat  Charge because it allows me to finally make my HEAT ONLY build without sacrificing ALOT of damage and status.

I just wanted my pistol to shoot fire, instead of green electricity.

Plus now I can customize my sidearms for utility :3

Thanks DE

I really wish DE just decides to remove DMG mods ASAP to solve this powercreep problem

Lol. I hope they remove levels too. You get way too many stats from leveling up. I also wish they locked all the content above mercury because they give too good of drops. People should only be playing as lv 1 frames and should only have 1 mission to play. Why? Because balance. 

2015 is a year of quality even more power creep. We already can oneshot everyone on starchart using almost any gun even without forma. Why do they keep stuffing us with even more damage?

I am so tired of oneshotting everything. Of enemies whose damage is yanked up so they could have a chance to kill us in those mere seconds they live. I miss old times when everything wasn't balanced aroud 1 hour survival. When enemies on starchart had a semblance of balance. When guns that was good at harder levels wasnt godly on lower levels. When challange was in killing enemies rather than in farming cores for R10 legendary mods.

I miss you, old warframe. What is happening to you?

Edited by Repligon

2015 is a year of quality even more power creep. We already can oneshot everyone on starchart using almost any gun even without forma. Why do they keep stuffing us with even more damage?

I am so tired of oneshotting everything. Of enemies whose damage is yanked up so they could have a chance to kill us in those mere seconds they live. I miss old times when everything wasn't balanced aroud 1 hour survival. When enemies on starchart had a semblance of balance. When guns that was good at harder levels wasnt godly on lower levels. When challange was in killing enemies rather than in farming cores for R10 legendary mods.

I miss you, old warframe. What is happening to you?

Actually, it is YOUR choice to keep oneshotting everything. You COULD challenge yourself to only go into missions solo with only 4 mods on stuff instead of 8. That's the thing, the current system does allow for people to challenge themselves, but people have to make that choice on their own.