Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I'd like to see a Wolf themed frame next ^^

But please have heart (/MERCY) and don't take something like this as a model

brown-teacup-chihuahua.jpg

(technically it is a k9, so it has to be a descendant of wolf ... far, far away descendant)

How about a Kubrow frame that's ultimate summons 5-10 random pet type Kubrows that use their powers willy nilly?

Might get good combo of Howling and Tackling or just a bunch of Doges digging holes.

If they just use the already finished concepts and designs for creating a frame by theme. The problem only with this frame it's not the promised one and a lot of fans worked on concepts and wanted to see a dragon warrior much more than an anteater. This design wasn't supposed at all and I am sure nobody thought this can be reality but atleast original, original and ugly as hell. 

I think that a hobby designer could do much more dragon like frame model than their designers. I don't want critize Mynki or others but I don't know what was the idea with this and what's the reason to make more uglier frames than before. 

I hardly suggest any concept maker to not give ideas if they doesn't want their design see so different in reality.

Let's just make community modders a real dragon.

Edited by Sziklamester

Dragons were not always seen as a huge scaly mess.

Here's a pic of a Grineer taking down Chroma aka Tamandua. 

rJBxG6R.jpg

That looks like a dragon. Chroma doesn't look like that. So I don't think you can try to say "Chroma aka Tamandua"

I've accepted the "ugliness" of Chroma because I like Mynki and his team's thingy about different looks. I never care what is their inspiration, I'll let myself discover it on its own like looking at an abstract painting and finding its meaning without asking. That's probably how I appreciate their works no matter what people say.

If there's something I wished it look like-- it could've been as majestic and fierce as a Zinogre.

But seems like we're in for a heavy hitter, like an Agnaktor fused with an Alatreon.

If they just use the already finished concepts and designs for creating a frame by theme. The problem only with this frame it's not the promised one and a lot of fans worked on concepts and wanted to see a dragon warrior much more than an anteater. This design wasn't supposed at all and I am sure nobody thought this can be reality but atleast original, original and ugly as hell. 

I think that a hobby designer could do much more dragon like frame model than their designers. I don't want critize Mynki or others but I don't know what was the idea with this and what's the reason ro make more uglier frames than before. 

I hardly suggest any concept maker to not give ideas if they doesn't want their design see so different in reality.

Yeah. I definitely know that I don't want DE to attempt a Typhus-like infested frame. Because they'll ruin that like they did this.

I've accepted the "ugliness" of Chroma because I like Mynki and his team's thingy about different looks. I never care what is their inspiration, I'll let myself discover it on its own like looking at an abstract painting and finding its meaning without asking. That's probably how I appreciate their works no matter what people say.

If there's something I wished it look like-- it could've been as majestic and fierce as a Zinogre.

But seems like we're in for a heavy hitter, like an Agnaktor fused with an Alatreon.

Definately got an agnaktor vibe from it now that you mention it. People don't seem to realize that there are a wide range of fantasy dragon concepts out there that look anything but traditional. Monster Hunter is a great example of an established franchise that does this really well.

I think that a hobby designer could do much more dragon like frame model than their designers. I don't want critize Mynki or others but I don't know what was the idea with this and what's the reason to make more uglier frames than before. 

Community doesn't want anything with "frame" in it for the design. Every Dragon design is just "Dragon Power Armor, oh what I have to make it match the aesthetic of other frames?' Again, Look at Volt, Zephyr, Oberon, Hydroid. And tell me you expected a 100% legit played straight Dragonknight Power Armor Macho Man (Oooh yeeah slam into a slim jim!). It matches the designs, this is DE syaing this is as dragon-y we'll ever get.

Definately got an agnaktor vibe from it now that you mention it. People don't seem to realize that there are a wide range of fantasy dragon concepts out there that look anything but traditional. Monster Hunter is a great example of an established franchise that does this really well.

Doesnt' matter. The community wanted traditional, and DE said that they were making what the community requested. Clearly, they did not make what the community requested.

No offense to DE, but i really don't like this warframe. Not only is he way ugly, but his whole theme is screwed up and unfitting for him. I thought we were getting some kind of dragon-frame? Not a light/prismatic-based frame with visuals that look more infested and mutated than anything draconic. The gif in where he spews fire looks pretty cool, but for me personally, this frame is ruined by an unfitting theme and ugly looks. The 'energy color changes his abilities', which in itself is completely prismatic and light-based and has nothing to do with a dragon, is too unfitting for this frame (and maybe Warframe in general).

/rant

I haven't so much problem with this frame but this is not what the community wanted to see.

There were a lot of content to choose from to make dragon suit as warframe but they created something different because they like the uniquity and thought the community will like it. 

Many original fan work looks much better than what they could make but they are the devs and they should consider what they want and want us as help or not.

We'll see how it works in real so my opinion is give a chance to this . Anteater?

Community doesn't want anything with "frame" in it for the design. Every Dragon design is just "Dragon Power Armor, oh what I have to make it match the aesthetic of other frames?' Again, Look at Volt, Zephyr, Oberon, Hydroid. And tell me you expected a 100% legit played straight Dragonknight Power Armor Macho Man (Oooh yeeah slam into a slim jim!). It matches the designs, this is DE syaing this is as dragon-y we'll ever get.

Well then they should've never pretended to be doing what the community requested, because the community specifically wanted a dragon-looking frame, and DE didn't deliver, even though they said they were doing what the community requested - and what the community requested was very specific.

Well then they should've never pretended to be doing what the community requested, because the community specifically wanted a dragon-looking frame, and DE didn't deliver, even though they said they were doing what the community requested - and what the community requested was very specific.

the 'community' apparently has little to no exposure to more obscure dragon designs then.

Has nobody here played Monster Hunter or Dark Souls? Oh wait, probably not eh?

I'm fine with people having differing opinions and not liking the design. What gets me is that hissy fits that people are throwing.  Letting the community down, really? Being creative for the sake of being creative, really? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there wasn't any thought put into it. 

Again, it's not the difference in opinion that annoys me but the way that people present their views and the irrational way that they try to "justify" it. I made a huge mistake going  back to this forum to see the community's reaction and once again I'm disappointed and annoyed.

I love both. But Dark Souls isn't that obscure besides Gaping and Seath. Most of them are sadly straight forward.

I guess, but just look at Seath though. Also the primordial serpents. Even Kalameet had a very narrow, unusually shaped head for a dragon.

I'm fine with people having differing opinions and not liking the design. What gets me is that hissy fits that people are throwing.  Letting the community down, really? Being creative for the sake of being creative, really? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there wasn't any thought put into it. 

Again, it's not the difference in opinion that annoys me but the way that people present their views and the irrational way that they try to "justify" it. I made a huge mistake going  back to this forum to see the community's reaction and once again I'm disappointed and annoyed.

You do realise that if we were to all silently contain our disgust about our tastes for Chroma then DE may never realise what they may need to change.

My personal gripe is how it doesn't look anything akin to a dragon, however is called the "Dragon" frame.

the 'community' apparently has little to no exposure to more obscure dragon designs then.

Has nobody here played Monster Hunter or Dark Souls? Oh wait, probably not eh?

Still haven't posted up your evidence of these weird dragon designs that DE used for their influence. Also, in what way is Monster Hunter the go to place for eastern dragon designs. You say this frame is based on an eastern dragon. Go Google eastern dragon and post what pics you find, here.

Bottom line: A horse and a sea horse are not the same. A lion and a sea lion are not the same. A dragon and a dragonfly are not the same. And a dragon and a sea dragon are not the same. You guys can try to pretend like they are the same. You can scream as loudly as you can that they are the same. But they are not the same. And to anyone who is actually using both logic and common sense, they would immediately recognize the difference. The community wanted something that looked like a traditional dragon, whether from the East or the West, from the Aztecs, Mayans, or Incas, and it was clear what kinds of dragons we were thinking about when requesting this. DE decided to ignore that, but to pretend to be giving the community what they wanted. DE did not give the community what it requested. And that's the bottom line.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I understand why you are annoyed, but i think it's also understandable why peoples are upset and rude about it (it doesn't mean that it's the right way to go). DE said "peoples want a dragonframe, we'll give them a dragonframe". Alright. 

The problem here is that they didn't show any bit of the said dragon until now, so all peoples had to feed their imagination/hype was their ideas and concepts of dragons in general, and the fan-arts we could find here and there in the forum.

In the end, they give us something that doesn't look like anything peoples wanted or imagined, and what's more, that is artistically questionnable.

That's where the "letting the community down" is coming from, peoples don't feel like DE listened to them (which is, i have to say, not really false here) so they're angry.

Again, i'm not saying being rude is the right way to give feedback. I just think that the hype meter has gone so low that in their disappointement they forget that the peoples working on warframe have feelings too.

Feedback is feedback tho, and a big part of the community (at least the one speaking) doesn't like the new warframe concept. They won't say they like it when they don't, what would be the point to do so?

Being creative for the sake of being creative, really?

I thought that was kinda the point of Warframe being free-to-play and not through a publisher.  It gives DE the freedom to be creative with their baby and not have publishers going 'Yeeeaaah...  That's nice, but could you make cold war/near future because that's what we think will sell?'  Yes, they need to make things we like so we continue playing and continue buying Pt but they don't have to produce everything exactly how the community has said they want it because that would be soul destroying.  The creative team would get depressed and disinterested and the quality of work from them would decrease.  (and before anyone says it already has, I mean we would get bad copies of unoriginal ideas instead of unique imagery that some people don't find to their taste)

Edited by Katinka

Still haven't posted up your evidence of these weird dragon designs that DE used for their influence. Also, in what way is Monster Hunter the go to place for eastern dragon designs. You say this frame is based on an eastern dragon. Go Google eastern dragon and post what pics you find, here.

Bottom line: A horse and a sea horse are not the same. A lion and a sea lion are not the same. A dragon and a dragonfly are not the same. And a dragon and a sea dragon are not the same. You guys can try to pretend like they are the same. You can scream as loudly as you can that they are the same. But they are not the same. And to anyone who is actually using both logic and common sense, they would immediately recognize the difference. The community wanted something that looked like a traditional dragon, whether from the East or the West, from the Aztecs, Mayans, or Incas, and it was clear what kinds of dragons we were thinking about when requesting this. DE decided to ignore that, but to pretend to be giving the community what they wanted. DE did not give the community what it requested. And that's the bottom line.

Monster Hunter is a great example of the very true fact that *there are FEW limitations when it comes to designing dragons*

What successful western game series of that magnitude can you name that strays from the classic depiction of dragons and takes liberties with their designs the way monster hunter does?

As an artist myself, I've come to the conclusion in my time that dragons are one of, if not the most malleable fantasy creatures out there in terms of what can be done with their design. I mean jeez, even look at Warcraft's Faerie dragons. Those things barely look like dragons at all more so than flying newts with butterfly wings and yet they are still dragons by classification. People can make dragons look like whatever the want. It's especially prevalent to see stranger dragons (Such as slug dragons...they even made a Pokemon based on that concept) in eastern art communities like Pixiv.

Again, there are plenty of dragon designs out there that make you say 'wtf'. Do I even need to bring up the Gaping Dragon from dark souls? (technically not actually a dragon by definition, according to the very obfuscated lore within that game) or perhaps Seath the Scalelles? (an actual dragon who looks very little like a traditional one, including having massive octopus like tentacles for a lower body instead of legs)

Puzzle and Dragon has some weird ones as well.

Edited by Fundance