Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I would say that is what most people are doing.

indeed dragons are a work of fan fiction at this rate.A dragon gives creative freedom in that aspect granted you can't call a pig a dragon becuase it lacks mainstream features like scales,wings,talons,claws,spits fire ect ect ect.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Has anyone else noticed that he has lephantis' head, ash's arms, rhino's body, nekros' hands, part of oberon's suit, and hydroid's lower body?

yea its like they just got those parts put in a blender and mixed

No, he looks like a hammer head shark. Look at his head.

Chroma gives off a dragon vibe when he breathes fire. See? Your logic works for me as well.

Loki's hammerhead helmet is a mix between hammerhead shark(stealthy hunter/killer emphasis) and a jester hat. It's all there to compliment what he is.

Chroma on the other hand....is a fire breathing anteater that had wax melted on him ?

indeed dragons are a work of fan fiction at this rate.A dragon gives creative freedom in that aspect granted you can't call a pig a dragon becuase it lacks mainstream features like scales,wings,talons,claws,spits fire ect ect ect.

We cannot?

illu.png

He calls it dragon install though. See them draconic traits?

Clawed feet and hands aren't JUST dragonic, it could be werewolf, or any other animal with claws.

Edited by Sibarian

Loki's hammerhead helmet is a mix between hammerhead shark(stealthy hunter/killer emphasis) and a jester hat. It's all there to compliment what he is.

Chroma on the other hand....is a fire breathing anteater that had wax melted on him ?

If you look at his body you see a collar and poofy pants as well. The asymmetry is also a lampshade of the "trickster" theme as well.

Deal with it. We are concerned about the severe lack of a dragon theme in our dragon frame.

CyMDLrd.jpg?1

I am dealing with it.

It`s an awesome looking dragon frame from the warframe universe .

Edited by Makinar

It looks more hammerhead than jester. But I like how you still found justification for his silky appearance yet still call Chroma an anteater, even though the snout is actually a horn/Pompadour

Nobody say there should't be creative freedom but the community also have wants and taste and not only the devs. If they make a game what they like and not the community then they will bankrupt and they can play with it's game. For those wo say it's only their game and they have right to do everything and we just accept  then I should say : it's OUR game. Not only the devs but the community have also a great part in this game it's our coopearation progress and we also try to help them to make the best badass space ninjalike game by far.

Everyone have different opinions and it's right a community with a similar point of view probably boring and less attractive.  

I haven't problem with this frame at all it's just not the community wanted and this frame should be advertised as different frame and they should make a real dragon like frame. The community also worked for those concepts and there is a tons of idea what can be used for their future frames. Those who said nobody want exactly the same like the concept is just lie because everyone vote up if saw a badass concept and want exactly that. They just need the ability to copy and implement into the game. If you ignore those fan artists whom worked with their ideas then you destroying their passion to make further concepts and slap them into face with a whip.

I like this frame and haven't problem further than it's advertisement because just not his theme. 

We cannot?

illu.png

Clawed feet and hands aren't JUST dragonic, it could be werewolf, or any other animal with claws.

The horror! I mean I guess you could but ewwww the lore behind that *cringes* I gave more examples for a reason btw XD

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Seriously, do people just want a rhino reskin with scales, wings, and a 'dragonish' helmit and clawed hands/feet?  Is THAT what it takes to make everyone happy?  Be generic?

themed.

THEMED.

THEMED!

Never said it would BE.  It's THEME, would be 'dragonic'  Guess what, It breaths fire, has a wierd semblance of a tail, and a snout and thank god it isn't just a rhino with a dragon helmet on.  >.>

Themed means that it shares core qualities with the original thing, whatever it might be. It still does not explain why "draconic" Chroma is a mess of melted wax that spent too much time being friends with infested alad v.

If someone would ask you make something with angel theme in mind, the first thing you'd think of would be angels.

Not

vcZmd3y.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

He calls it dragon install though. See them draconic traits?

Yeah i do, i see clawed feet and hands(typical of dragons) and a spiky draconic helmet. If you really can't see the dragon traits then you are in denial with yourself.

7ZXpjc4.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

No, he looks like a hammer head shark. Look at his head.

Chroma gives off a dragon vibe when he breathes fire. See? Your logic works for me as well.

Ok, I will give you that but DE never stated that he was going to look like the mythological loki. 

DE stated that this will be a dragon theme frame because of all of the community requests. Yet they gave us an infested anteater. 

I'm sure somebody has noticed it but there is too much to read through so I'll point it out again if it already has, but I love that in that last pic with it roaring, you can see its "tail" glitched through the floor. Lol

Even though I see where you're coming from, it still doesn't change it, if it were after an easter dragon, the whiskers could be longer to emphasis just how much dragon is in out Anteater frame

The Exposed underbelly I never thought of, however it only amplifies just how out of place it is for me, dunno, just doesn't sit right with how the "Red skin" ends suddenly

So he's basically more akin to lizard than a dragon barring his roar which doesn't mean he's instantly a dragon.

It isn't after any singular type of dragon. The fact that it has something reminiscent of these whiskers is enough to imply the parallel.

If it didn't have the whiskers or nasal ridge then "Anteater" would be more apt. However the only thing going for "Anteater" is "narrow snout".

Eh, to each their own. I didn't really think about until another pointed it out, and still some are... not really finding more details but drawing up theories to the details, like the snout being more like a headpiece. Think shaman with a wolf-head hat. Then the red skin appears to be more of a worn pelt rather than a skin ending part-way. Just someone else's thought I found interesting.

But the roar also spews out fire, or an element of your choosing. That says chromatic dragon to me.

My overall point is that these are several details, and they easily override "He's an anteater because his snout is narrow".

EDIT:: The only other thing is the lack of wings, but he obviously has something on his back. Just haven't seen enough of him to know what exactly.

Edited by Tyranti