The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

To be honest... I'd rather play decent looking stereotype than an ugly novelty.

Sometimes stereotypes are stereotypes because they work. Chroma does indeed look different just for the sake of looking different.

every single society in the history of Human Beings has fantasy tales of Dragons or other dragon-like creates of great power.
so you must broaden your horizons to include all mythical creatures of power in every civilization in human history.

My horizons are quite broad. Did you miss the part where I said a huge fascination with dragons of EVERY culture.

For DECADES I have studied them. From the most obvious eruo style to the versions shown in the worlds oldest recorded creation myths.

Is it possible that I missed one somewhere? sure...but come on...."broaden my horizons" lol....

(BTW-dragons or the like have shown up in the mythology in every continent and most countries with people, not every single culture among every region. That is overstating it.)

also, don't forget this - which seems to be tricking / confusing a lot of people.

Oh I see where that thing is sticking out of.

Doesn't make it any more "dragon like" or any less "seehorse/anteater" overall.

I'm hoping the alt helmet fits my tatses and I can just use that....

but until I see that I am going to be real about what that helmet looks like.

Edited by Ronyn

*sigh*

You've not read my posts about this have you?, Take a Look at the Animation in which he roars and spews fire,, After said animation it can be assumed he looks back at the camera, therefore if his face was that metal plate then he would always be looking at the ground, but since he looks at the camera and his snout is not pointed upward, then it can be assumed that his eyes are somewhere directly behind the snout

I have nothing against Nekro's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Necromancer.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Necromancer Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the bones, resembles a necromancer. The first time Nekros was teased, his powers were said to be based on nanomachines. What we have is a nanomachine Frame, not a Necromancer.

I have nothing against Oberon's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Paladin.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Paladin Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the Armor, resembles a Paladin. The first time Oberon was teased, his powers were said to be based on Nature. What we have is a Fairy Frame, not a Paladin.

I could go on and on...

accurate

You've not read my posts about this have you?, Take a Look at the Animation in which he roars and spews fire,, After said animation it can be assumed he looks back at the camera, therefore if his face was that metal plate then he would always be looking at the ground, but since he looks at the camera and his snout is not pointed upward, then it can be assumed that his eyes are somewhere directly behind the snout

Except I never said his entire face was the plate under the snout. I said it was his his mouth, or area underneath where a person's nose would be.

*bangs head on keyboard*

631.png

The likeness is scary.

To what? His visuals? He's not Dragony enough for your Dragon club? If they make him actually look like a dragon, he will instantly look like a stereotype, and be dismissed as one.

Yes and no. Not looking like a dragon is fine. Looking like an anteater instead is not. I'd rather DE make him look like some sort of eldritch combination (humanoid if need be) and call that a dragon, then give me an anteater.

They are, and every thread being made is going to make it worse.

People should just stick to 1 thread to begin with, which given the current hotness of Chroma (pun intended) wouldn't be hard to do.

But nope, everyone gotta make their own thread, because WHAT IF THEY DON'T NOTICE ME

----

Anyway, not everything dragon has to be your stereotypical dragon, just look at how League's Shyvana is. She's a half dragon, has a "normal" human form, but even when she transforms, she doesn't look your average dragon, at all. It reminds me a lot of Chroma actually.

163053jefp9ej7eqjgk734.jpg

I agree with you. If people would stick to one thread from the beginning things would be better.

Not looking like the stereotypical dragon is fine. Some of the coolest (my opinion) dragons are the ones that go into weird territory. But going so far as to resemble an anteater is too far IMO.

As i say in another post (my apologize to the comunity for it):

Dear Warframe team...only a question...are your serius about the esthetics of the Chroma???
Is a giat ant-bear mixed with an infested and a Zephyr...are you serius? For me...is horrible...
I suggest to make a pool on the community abaut it before the lauch for prevent bad feedback mass...
A simple pool: Do see a dragon and like it or no?

P.S.
This is a simple example of dragon armor, from SCEE in the game Medievil:
http://vignette1.wik...=20110327140234
And this is an example of what i see in your Chroma: %7Boption%7Dhttp://www.repubblic...7130948_big.jpg

P.P.S.
Why another Flame Frame??? Where is the Earth power? Where is a Frame with an EarthQuake ability that crush the ground when hit it with paunch or feet??

Edited by The-Revenant

Except I never said his entire face was the plate under the snout. I said it was his his mouth, or area underneath where a person's nose would be.

*bangs head on keyboard*

All this time we were on the same side of the coin, well then, however it was a fun little exercise, I just dunno why you brought Zephyr into this.

so you both are right?

We're both arguing the same point

*bangs head on keyboard*

Why do people argue about this? Does this make the design better?

The animations will still have him pointing the snout forward and down as if his eyes were above it. Otherwise it would just look silly.

Is it me or does this frame seem to resemble a monster from monster hunter specifically the Agnaktor. and honestly if it is a monster hunter reference, i like the idea because this one had a fire element form and ice element form, though they were different species.

Trust me alot of people have pointed that out XD surprisingly decent amount of MH fans here

Why do people argue about this? Does this make the design better?

The animations will still have him pointing the snout forward and down as if his eyes were above it. Otherwise it would just look silly.

Some people would prefer that the face of Chroma be behind the metal plate thing, As to give off this Dragon knight theme with the horn being just an attachment of the frame

Frankly the composite image (i.e. first image in the OP) has a lot of awkward posing and accentuates his horse- and anteater-like features. I mean really, what's with that central pose? It looks like he just got punched in the chest and he's falling backwards.

The second pic is way better at communicating his fundamentally dragonly features. The higher contrast makes him look more plated and scaly than, well, meat-like and plastic, I guess. The stance and angle on his face make him look more reptilian, too.

Frankly the composite image (i.e. first image in the OP) has a lot of awkward posing and accentuates his horse- and anteater-like features. I mean really, what's with that central pose? It looks like he just got punched in the chest and he's falling backwards.

The second pic is way better at communicating his fundamentally dragonly features. The higher contrast makes him look more plated and scaly than, well, meat-like and plastic, I guess. The stance and angle on his face make him look more reptilian, too.

Could also be that the first pic shows off his noble like stance and the second shows of his agile like stance.