The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Deep down inside I was hoping for something close to a dragoon

466px-ARR_Dragoon.pngff14-elezen-dragoon.jpg

That would have been awesome 

and copyright infringement ( double win )

But seriously DE this design is too .....off

Doesn't feel dragon , looks more like an infested enemy that mutated  and got arms and legs

Honestly, I think I need a better view of him in context before I can decide what I think. I already like him more than a few frames already in-game, though, so he's ahead!

I will say that I adore his tiny little wings, and that I hope he will get a good set of animations!

*takes a gulp from the solution* This isn't salty enough... Oh well, but BURN. Get it? Because Chroma, fire breathing, you like, burn, you know, right?

So you apparently think that me stating that DE could have done more is wrong? You don't think they could have asked the community what they wanted? Honestly I didn't think it needed to be asked because it was fairly obvious what we wanted! We didn't want an infested frame, an anteater frame, or even a seahorse frame, we wanted a dragon frame! To fix it I have no idea what I would do because I am not an artist. I don't design things. But I do know when something looks like complete crap! If you can't see the theme of a frame unless you put it under a microscope then what is the point of that theme? It might as well be nonexistent! 

I think they could at least clean up the body and make it less Vauban like. Do away with the Ash arms too because that is definitely not helping anything. We don't want a Frankenstein mishmash of a frame here! Make the frame less organic because it looks way too much like an infested frame. 

Why are you complaining here anyhow?

Your not exactly offering constructive criticism nor will DE likely see your posts in this mess of a thread, so your not really accomplishing anything.

No, but you people see it don't you! 

Would I be accomplishing anything just by saying nothing? I have done that many times when I disagreed with what DE was doing. Guess what, THEY CONTINUED MAKING THOSE SAME BAD DECISIONS. Therefore I am not staying silent any more. I am speaking my mind. 

Should I remain silent and bow my head as if the all powerful DE knows all and I know nothing?! No! I should not because I am a community member, just like you people. I have a right to express my opinion and I am doing my best to express it. 

You wanted something constructive then here I go.

Clean the frame up. Make it less busy looking. Less organic. Shorten that godawful nose by half if not more. Use a torso that does not look like it was literally copy/pasted off of a vauban. Don't use the Ash arms. Change the stance Chroma was using because he does not look like a powerful dragon, he looks like a slouching slob. Horns on the helmet are likely needed, or a decent alternate helmet.

Clean the frame up. Make it less busy looking. Less organic. Shorten that godawful nose by half if not more. Use a torso that does not look like it was literally copy/pasted off of a vauban. Don't use the Ash arms. Change the stance Chroma was using because he does not look like a powerful dragon, he looks like a slouching slob. Horns on the helmet are likely needed, or a decent alternate helmet.

Honestly that is way better than mostly anything else you've posted so far. +1 for me dude. 

I agree with the stance. I don't like it when he's slouching like he is in the preview image. Other than that we'll agree to disagree.

Edited by Darkmoone1

No, but you people see it don't you! 

Would I be accomplishing anything just by saying nothing? I have done that many times when I disagreed with what DE was doing. Guess what, THEY CONTINUED MAKING THOSE SAME BAD DECISIONS. Therefore I am not staying silent any more. I am speaking my mind. 

Should I remain silent and bow my head as if the all powerful DE knows all and I know nothing?! No! I should not because I am a community member, just like you people. I have a right to express my opinion and I am doing my best to express it. 

Good, but again, make your own topic. Your suggestions will not be noticed here.

People say that Warframes needed to look more organic, so DE could not be blamed for this.

That "nose" is his flamethrower, not head. Shortening it would decrease range, accuracy and probably have him burning his own face.

The stance in the profile pictire is most likely not his ingame stance, based on the animation footage.

A decent alternate helmet may already be made.

Good, but again, make your own topic. Your suggestions will not be noticed here.

People say that Warframes needed to look more organic, so DE could not be blamed for this.

That "nose" is his flamethrower, not head. Shortening it would decrease range, accuracy and probably have him burning his own face.

The stance in the profile pictire is most likely not his ingame stance, based on the animation footage.

A decent alternate helmet may already be made.

If I make my own topic It will just get merged with this one. The mods are being far too overzealous as per the usual during these big reveals.

EDIT: You could always have the flames come from somewhere not out of the forehead. You know, like the mouth perhaps? Like a real dragon?

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

If I make my own topic It will just get merged with this one. The mods are being far too overzealous as per the usual during these big reveals.

EDIT: You could always have the flames come from somewhere not out of the forehead. You know, like the mouth perhaps? Like a real dragon?

Post it in feedback, I doubt it'd get merged then.

Warframes don't have mouths.

Does anyone know if they mentioned yet whether using combined elements on Chroma will be a thing too? Or just primary? I sort of doubt they will, but it would be really nice.

I heard that it's just gonna be base elements. Which really suck, you'd think having multiple colors would affect the kind of element combo you'd have