The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I didn't ask for a dragon frame, but I was familiar with the requests for one, and no one was asking for a seahorse design for a dragon frame. The people who wanted a dragon frame wanted something that was based on a dragon with clear features that were dragon-like. Chroma isn't it. DE said that this frame was being made because people requested a dragon frame. So, by DE's own admission, this was being made for those people. DE messed up by saying that they were giving them what they requested, because this isn't what they requested. And that's the bottom line.

That is the bottom line, but people at least should not be ignorant of the seahorse/dragon connection that DE was going for.

We get it DE screwed up and didn't appeal to perhaps 99% of the people, but calling it a "LOL STUPID SEAHORSE ANTEATER" is just plain disgusting to see.

yes , but not sea horse 

The English word "dragon" derives from Greek δράκων (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake".[2]

Oh lookiiiee look i can quote a wiki article toooo!

drakon(genitive drakontos, δράκοντος) "serpent, giant seafish". The Greek and Latin term referre

herpderp.

I'm not basing my argument off a wiki-article or off of one word from a wiki article.  Never have been either.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

As I stated before MYTH is twisted facts... Therefore they DID because a dragon is based on TWISTED FACTS... A sea-horse has been regarded as a dragon. THEREFORE. If it looks like the origin dragon material it by default IS A DRAGON.

No, it's not. The "sea dragon" was called that because it slightly resembles a dragon. That doesn't make it a dragon or the inspiration for a dragon. Just like the "sea horse" is named because it's head resembles a horse head. That doesn't make it a horse. And, again, the bottom line is that DE said they were giving the dragon-frame-requesters what they repeatedly asked for, when Chroma's design is not what they asked for. So DE should've never said they were doing that.

yes , but not sea horse 

The English word "dragon" derives from Greek δράκων (drákōn), "dragon, serpent of huge size, water-snake".[2]

Your basing this on wiki? You also know dragon also came from Whale right? You also know dragons are not real, and are all based on creatures people saw that were twisted into the mythical beast... Fish, wahles, reptiles, amphibians, and various other creatures like the Sea-horse.

Edited by Arlayn

drakon(genitive drakontos, δράκοντος) "serpent, giant seafish". The Greek and Latin term referre

herpderp.

I'm not basing my argument off a wiki-article or off of one word from a wiki article.

well it says "giant sea-fish" but dont say sea horse does it?

Hello minna!

I'd like to request DE to showcase Chroma's 3D model in greater detail, talk about his powers, and give us some context as to his design and abilities as that's where I think most of the complains are arising. People have no context to see the Design against and so are rioting instead of going back and reexamining the design and pondering what Mynki might have wanted to show.

Now that that's over, I's like to have a few words with the community. Guys, He's not even in the game yet. We don't know how he looks with colours, how his animations are. It's fine that  you don't like the design, but not fine that you don't try to really go back and see what's in there! From what I see he's made to be an invoker-shaman type frame, and appears to be fused with a dragon pelt. While that's not maybe what everyone was expecting as a dragon frame, but in Warframe, we do as Warframe does. It's a unique take on what a Dragonframe should be, and frankly? I think that it's bloody amazing that DE could bring out a new twist on an old, cliched theme instead of just throwing a half-hearted rehashed dragon. Ultimately people would have said that THAT dragon did not suit Warframe's theme. The concept all of us were so fond of was an amazing concept which I faved, but there was nothing new there. The Design of Chroma is not immediately Obvious-you need to really look at him to find out little details that give a clue as to what he is, something that adds to his mystery.

On the recent strawpoll that any people are quoting on as 'numbers don't lie' and 'conclusive proof' that everyone hates Chroma and 'learn to use statistics'; say !500 people out of a million is what? 0.0015%? That is NOT in any way the opinion of the entire community.

Oh, and one last thing.

People whined and rioted against Desecrate too, when Nekros was coming out.....now it is one of his most popular powers.

DE KNOWS WHAT'S BEST. AND THIS IS THEIR GAME. 

We're just here for the ride.

PS: These are my opinions and conjectures, which you are free to agree or disagree with. But if you are going to flame or derail thread instead of constructive criticism, This isn't the thread for you. Go back under that bridge, bruh.

No, it's not. The "sea dragon" was called that because it slightly resembles a dragon. That doesn't make it a dragon or the inspiration for a dragon. Just like the "sea horse" is named because it's head resembles a horse head. That doesn't make it a horse. And, again, the bottom line is that DE said they were giving the dragon-frame-requesters what they repeatedly asked for, when Chroma's design is not what they asked for. So DE should've never said they were doing that.

Well I'm sure the Chinese/Asians(monster/dragon/fish/serpent) and the Greeks/Europeans(horse) called the "seahorse" different things and had a different way of looking at them.

Different cultures/societies had different interpretations of the very same animals.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

Your basing this on wiki? You also know dragon also came from Whale right? You also know dragons are not real, and are all based on creatures people saw that were twisted into the mythical beast... Fish, wahles, reptiles, amphibians, and carious other creatures like the Sea-horse.

of course dragons arent real, but what most people imagine when they hear the word Dragon? a sea horse? anteater? 

Edited by MrKage

I didn't ask for a dragon frame, but I was familiar with the requests for one, and no one was asking for a seahorse design for a dragon frame. The people who wanted a dragon frame wanted something that was based on a dragon with clear features that were dragon-like. Chroma isn't it. DE said that this frame was being made because people requested a dragon frame. So, by DE's own admission, this was being made for those people. DE messed up by saying that they were giving them what they requested, because this isn't what they requested. And that's the bottom line.

Nobody was asking for a Cowgirl, but yet we got one.

Nobody was asking for a Pirate-Kraken, but yet we got one.

Nobody was asking for most of the frames. Most were surprises.

Just because people didn't get exactly what they got, doesn't entitle them to throwing hissy fits.

People should be happy that they are getting what they asked for. Period. Even if it isn't exactly what they wanted.

This is equivalent to a child screaming on the ground because their parent got them a package of doughnuts instead of a full cake at the grocery store. Literally worse than the ones screaming because they didn't get anything.

And honestly, if you can't see the obviously dragonlike features on Chroma, even after they have been pointed out, numerous times, you either have visual impairment, or are so biased and stubborn that you shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Edited by (PS4)Fizzer_XCIV

Well, now we can actually hype him, what colors will you put on him?

I'd still go with my pitch black + neon green scheme for that Razer vibe. I mean the colors of that product is really nice, along with those squiggly lines and stuffs on the warframes, especially immortal skins.

of course dragons arent real, but what most people imagine when they hear the word Dragon? a sea horse? anteater? 

I imagine alot of things to be a dragon... Heck a Whale Shark is an acceptable dragon in my book... So is Godzilla. As long as its fish, or reptile looking in a appearance and you call it dragon. I am perfectly fine with that... Calling a reptile creature an ant-eater, and I am not ok with that.

That is like if I took a dog, and called it a cat. Would you be ok with this?

I'd still go with my pitch black + neon green scheme for that Razer vibe. I mean the colors of that product is really nice, along with those squiggly lines and stuffs on the warframes, especially immortal skins.

Aww... I was thinking of doing that D:

edit: now everyone will be black, and green lol.

Edited by Arlayn

I'd also like to being pokemon into this.  I only just remembered this too.

As you all know pokemon is based on heavily off Japanese stuff... obviously because the show was made in Japan.

Here we have Horsea.  Horse + Sea.  Makes sense that it's a seahorse.

250px-116Horsea.png

It then evolves into Seadra.  Sea + Dragon.

250px-117Seadra.png

And then that evolved into Kingdra.  KING + DRAGON

250px-230Kingdra.png

HMMM I WONDER WHY HMMMM

What kind of logic are you even using.

In many Asian cultures, seahorses are called "dragons"

It isn't uncommon to sea the word pairing of "dragon-fish" either.

Funny... not a while a go you pointed out that dragons don't exist, wich is in fact correct, yet you keep insisting that a seahorse is a dragon.

That does look like a paradox wouldn't you say?

Funny... not a while a go you pointed out that dragons don't exist, wich is in fact correct, yet you keep insisting that a seahorse is a dragon.

That does look like a paradox wouldn't you say?

It's a paradox in itself to base a mythical creature off real life animals.

Griffins are real in the sense they do exist in story/fairytale form.  Please don't try to undermine my logic when you don't know what one is thinking.

I think they should just abandon trying to call it a dragon altogether and just roll with it anyway, it's as much a dragon frame as excalibur is a samurai frame (sticky plastic lore label firmly affixed to a tenno buttock + wishful thinking = truth???)

as for "DE knows what's best" it feels roughly 65% true, unless you count not actually knowing what you want to do but just making stuff anyway in the hopes that people like it

i welcome our new barbecue pork ramen overlords

Edited by weirdee

drakon(genitive drakontos, δράκοντος) "serpent, giant seafish". The Greek and Latin term referre

herpderp.

I'm not basing my argument off a wiki-article or off of one word from a wiki article.  Never have been either.

It's true. You bravely base your argument on nothing but delusion.

Edited by jmforeman02

I think they should just abandon trying to call it a dragon altogether and just roll with it anyway, it's as much a dragon frame as excalibur is a samurai frame (sticky plastic lore label firmly affixed to a tenno buttock + wishful thinking = truth???)

as for "DE knows what's best" it feels roughly 65% true, unless you count not actually knowing what you want to do but just making stuff anyway in the hopes that people like it

Then let's stop calling it a dragon frame... because it's the light/color-based frame.

It's true. You bravely base your argument on nothing but delusion.

And that's just you being ignorant of culture.  Take a while and learn something about other cultures.

And this isn't to say I'm ignoring the other dragons that Asian people have depicted over the years.