The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I would be fine if they could at least clean up the look a bit and not make it look like he was armored in meat.

Just remove that ugly snout and he will be acceptable. If community could accept Vauban, then Chroma would be accepted also ( Snout-less Chroma ).

Ok so the knight wearing a dragon pelt thing has given me a new appreciation for the warframe. He's completely alright in my eyes now. Not sure for the rest of you, but i've come to terms with it....

My only complaint is that I wish DE gave us more information instead of having us discuss for 75 additional pages on what it looks like. I can imagine them sitting and laughing at all the things we think it looks like. ;-;

I still dont like the helmet to much. the snout is still very unappealing. 

Ok so the knight wearing a dragon pelt thing has given me a new appreciation for the warframe. He's completely alright in my eyes now. Not sure for the rest of you, but i've come to terms with it....

My only complaint is that I wish DE gave us more information instead of having us discuss for 75 additional pages on what it looks like. I can imagine them sitting and laughing at all the things we think it looks like. ;-;

Even if it is a knight wearing a pelt then what makes that pelt a dragon pelt? Take away that helmet and ask yourself that.

EDIT: grammar.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

this thread has done nothing but fill my cup full of

il_570xN.442929950_4ulk.jpg

Chroma is fine the way it is. Everyone has frames that they dont like visually, but this Chroma drama has gone on a bit too long. No one even knows what a dragon is supposed to look like anyway, it is all opinion.

p.s. still looks better than Limbo

Well said!

Even if it is a knight wearing a pelt then what makes that pet a dragon pelt? Take away that helmet and ask yourself that.

Because it's the world DE makes and if they say that is a dragon pelt in the warframe universe than it is what it is. That's something that you should ask the developers themselves, not forum goers because none of us will have a good answer to that.

Well if you haven't noticed:

Excalibur doesn't like anything at all like the real Excalibur he looks like Hayden from Dark Sector

Loki doesn't look anything at all like like the Norse God Loki. He just looks like a guy with horns. =/

Mag doesn't really look like she uses Magnets but instead she looks like she has Psychic powers and can tell the future with that sphere head of hers.

Rhino doesn't look like a Rhino he feels more like a Time/Monk/Juggernaut Warframe with lots of cogs inside him.

Ember doesn't resemble a Fire or an Ember instead she looks like a Chicken or a Rooster. =/

Frost looks like a White Beetle combined with some random White Wizard. =/

You get what I mean? I can add more if you want.

But they look awesome.

Does Chroma look awsome?

No. 

Dragon? That thing doesn't even look like Tenno

Because it's the world DE makes and if they say that is a dragon pelt in the warframe universe than it is what it is. That's something that you should ask the developers themselves, not forum goers because none of us will have a good answer to that.

If DE makes a Nikana the size of a galatine and still calls it a nikana do you mean to tell me you would agree with that because DE said so?

If DE suddenly decides to call Ember "Frost" or vice versa will you still agree with what DE has done?

DE can indeed do anything they want as it is indeed their world. Does this mean that as players we should have no say in it? No, it does not. 

No I do not believe any single one of us has a good answer. I believe the community as a whole has the answer. DE looks at this game as a developer, remember that. Not as a player. They are two very different perspectives. 

If DE makes a Nikana the size of a galatine and still calls it a nikana do you mean to tell me you would agree with that because DE said so?

If DE suddenly decides to call Ember "Frost" or vice versa will you still agree with what DE has done?

DE can indeed do anything they want as it is indeed their world. Does this mean that as players we should have no say in it? No, it does not. 

No I do not believe any single one of us has a good answer. I believe the community as a whole has the answer. DE looks at this game as a developer, remember that. Not as a player. They are two very different perspectives. 

I don't want to say we have literally no say in the matter, but DE loves this just as much(probably more) than we do. They trust us at reviewing the content as much as we trust them to make the content. I don't expect them to make silly decisions like the ones you posted, so when something like Chroma pops up I expect a decent answer to it.

Unfortunately it took 3 days, ALOT of speculation,  and one-several forum user(s) to allow me to see the frame for what DE intended it to be. That is what annoys me more than anything in this situation. The outrage and anger could have all been avoided if they were not playing with our heartstrings and were honest with what the frame was actually about and stopped teasing us so much.

Edited by Darkmoone1

I don't want to say we have literally no say in the matter, but DE loves this just as much(probably more) than we do. They trust us at reviewing the content as much as we trust them to make the content. I don't expect them to make silly decisions like the ones you posted, so when something like Chroma pops up I expect a decent answer to it.

Unfortunately it took 3 days, ALOT of speculation,  and one-several forum user(s) to allow me to see the frame for what DE intended it to be. That is what annoys me more than anything in this situation. The outrage and anger could have all been avoided if they were not playing with our heartstrings and were honest with what the frame was actually about and stopped teasing us so much.

I agree. It would have been much easier for everyone if DE had just said something to help clarify things. 

DE doesn't like to go back over things (stares at Pyra Prime Syandana) What did you want them to say about Chroma? They think he looks dragon-like, and most of the forum users (note* not the entire playerbase) disagree. Want them to feel ashamed for not making a prettier Warframe? Want them to feel bad for generating discussion within the community?

I remember in art class the teachers always telling the students that they're never going to be standing there and explaining the design. That just isn't how art works, and it shouldn't work like that. All DE put out was a few Chroma teasers, some tidbits about how they were inspired by dragons, and how there's more to him than meets the eye.

That should've been, and IMO is enough. Everybody interprets Chroma differently. Some vehemently stick to their aardvark/anteater ideals, others like me see him as a return to the more foreign and uniquely alien style of Warframe, and even more just plain don't care and hug their Valkyr plushies and whatnot.

I have never seen a single self-respecting artist come out and say "This is what you're supposed to be seeing. Everything else is wrong."

The beauty of design is that it's open to interpretation, which is precisely what has been going on these 270+ pages. Instead of feeling frustrated at DE for making you so confused, embrace the confusion and find your own answer the the mystery that is seahorse-gorilla Chroma. When it comes to things that are as abstract and variable as art and design, accept the fact that there never really is an answer. Just a mass of theories and ideas.

Edited by Draciusen

well lets just brake everything down, first off THIS IS NOT THE DRAGON, whatever he is weather ant eater or brony we have to accept him, so what is he? we know his color reflects his power damage type witch hints at him being a "dps" frame now if this is just it and he has nothing but damaging attacks and some self buff, to me it sounds kinda lame, we already have a F*** ton of damage warframes all with different elements so this just seems like a lazy way to switch between elements without changing warframes, BUT i will be happy if he is a support warframe that can add elemental damage or elemental defense to himself and the group, THAT would be super cool and usefull if so i would happly go ahead and farm him and make him, if not there are a TON of high damage output warframes making him kinda lame. DE need to make more tank style and support style frames, like rhino, frost, nekros and trinity, to ether draw fire away from other frames or buff and boost there stats! like limbo, hes ok but in the end hes just a slightly weaker and much shorter range nova that troll you because you cant pick up items (when used right i give them props as you can combo with nova for a huge damage boost)

Well if you haven't noticed:

Excalibur doesn't like anything at all like the real Excalibur he looks like Hayden from Dark Sector

Loki doesn't look anything at all like like the Norse God Loki. He just looks like a guy with horns. =/

Mag doesn't really look like she uses Magnets but instead she looks like she has Psychic powers and can tell the future with that sphere head of hers.

Rhino doesn't look like a Rhino he feels more like a Time/Monk/Juggernaut Warframe with lots of cogs inside him.

Ember doesn't resemble a Fire or an Ember instead she looks like a Chicken or a Rooster. =/

Frost looks like a White Beetle combined with some random White Wizard. =/

You get what I mean? I can add more if you want.

zo2_zps3e4ca49d.jpg

by Yuikami

well lets just brake everything down, first off THIS IS NOT THE DRAGON, whatever he is weather ant eater or brony we have to accept him, so what is he? we know his color reflects his power damage type witch hints at him being a "dps" frame now if this is just it and he has nothing but damaging attacks and some self buff, to me it sounds kinda lame, we already have a F*** ton of damage warframes all with different elements so this just seems like a lazy way to switch between elements without changing warframes, BUT i will be happy if he is a support warframe that can add elemental damage or elemental defense to himself and the group, THAT would be super cool and usefull if so i would happly go ahead and farm him and make him, if not there are a TON of high damage output warframes making him kinda lame. DE need to make more tank style and support style frames, like rhino, frost, nekros and trinity, to ether draw fire away from other frames or buff and boost there stats! like limbo, hes ok but in the end hes just a slightly weaker and much shorter range nova that troll you because you cant pick up items (when used right i give them props as you can combo with nova for a huge damage boost)

"type which hints at him being a "dps" frame now"wow wow wooow! slow down thereGif-6-18-supernatural-21310797-500-282_z

At tennolive 2015 they said that one of his powers resemble the luck aspect of asian dragons.Just wait till they release him to get so down to earth on what he is and isn't XD.Too soon to tell

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-