Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Wait.

Was it somehow confirmed that the new frame will actually be dragon-like ?

Last I knew,only thing sure was that elemental damage dealt by abilities will depend on energy colour.

yes? in the last devstream they straight up just said "its a dragon theme"

I think of it as reverting to the techno-organic Warframe appearance rather than what looks like cloth or fabric (e.g. Excalibur's armour vs. Mesa's jacket) with a scaly look, similar to Rhino but more jagged and vicious. I pray its helmet doesn't look like an Eastern dragon (I don't like my dragons having moustaches) and actually resembles a Western one.

Visual aides for what I envision the coming warframe to be are Dragonslayer Ornstein's armour and Daedric armour.

tumblr_mhrna5IGbM1qkxfnzo1_500.jpg

daedric_armor__skyrim__by_blueraven90-d4

Slightly sarcastic response from me aside, here's my actual answer. 

The only "popular" media I know of that has elemental dragons where their color dictates their element is DnD. This leads me to expect that DE will take design cues from there (the Chromatic Dragons) and give him a western dragon aesthetic as opposed to an eastern dragon look.

I hope they'll change idea. Just the idea of bringing a dragon on a scifi environment makes me tremble.

Hah!  Warframe is far too over-the-shark to change direction mid-jump.  There's a Pirate frame, a Harlequin frame, and a Magician frame so far.

There is no limit.  A draconic frame was an inevitability, it was just a question of time.

I hope they'll change idea. Just the idea of bringing a dragon on a scifi environment makes me tremble.

as opposed to bringing a stage magician? or a harlequin?

And a pirate. Dragon will fit right in and I am excited for a dragon frame.

WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS >8U

edit: whomp, somebody beat me to it. :c

Edited by TheShyTenno69

that might get tedious though

Not necessarily.

Black = Toxin

Blue = Electricity

Green = Gas

Red = Fire

White = Ice

The energy color will probably cover some of the frame itself, like the Eos Prime Armor. That way, the frame's main tint reflects it's element.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

xgDCsSl.jpg

Is this a possibility for the influence, at least, what colors will result in certain elements?

Well Tiamat is the Goddess of Evil (Chromatic) Dragons...So yeah it's probably a BIT of inspiration..( If they go the D&D route).

Red=Fire

Blue= Lightning

Green= Gas

White= Cold

Black=Corrosive

Not necessarily.

Black = Toxin

Blue = Electricity

Green = Gas

Red = Fire

White = Ice

i mean the constantly having to go back to the loadout screen to change elements. it makes more sense that he have the ability to change in mission, to combat varying conditions. 

tiamat4e.png

They'll probably have specific colors, or ranges of colors, for each element and combo of elements.

i mean the constantly having to go back to the loadout screen to change elements. it makes more sense that he have the ability to change in mission, to combat varying conditions. 

Doubt it. It might have four abilities that are four different elements, though.