Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Everyone is going back and forth on Western and Eastern dragons.

I think it's going to be a Mesoamerican dragon.

I'm kinda between the Western D&D dragon and the Mesoamerican dragon.

On the one hand, they said they took inspiration from chromatic dragons of D&D. However, DE has a knack of spinning common themes and going in a new direction (source: Limbo). So a less common Mesoamerican fits more within their MO.

I'm kinda between the Western D&D dragon and the Mesoamerican dragon.

On the one hand, they said they took inspiration from chromatic dragons of D&D. However, DE has a knack of spinning common themes and going in a new direction (source: Limbo). So a less common Mesoamerican fits more within their MO.

i think the Quetzalcoatl dragon is pretty crazy. but aesthetically i feel it will definitely feel out of place. maybe alt helmets based off different types of dragons? i think that could settle things for eastern, mesoamerican, western dragons

It's kind of sad that Coatls are so under the radar when it comes to dragons, they actually aren't necessarily included in 'Western'.

I found a hipster, trying to not be with the mainstream kids.

I hope it's either. I adore dragons of both Oriental and European design.

What I do know is, it wont look like the concept art you've shown. Mynki creates his own style with the frames, just like he did with Zephyr.

i think the Quetzalcoatl dragon is pretty crazy. but aesthetically i feel it will definitely feel out of place. maybe alt helmets based off different types of dragons? i think that could settle things for eastern, mesoamerican, western dragons

That's exactly what I was thinking. The frame itself may borrow elements from all three in the general design with the helmet being more specific, but the alt helmets will focus on the other two types.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The frame itself may borrow elements from all three in the general design with the helmet being more specific, but the alt helmets will focus on the other two types.

the one thing i hope it doesn't have is a tail.....i think this plus limbo agile will be a new coming of......immaturity

the one thing i hope it doesn't have is a tail.....i think this plus limbo agile will be a new coming of......immaturity

Personally I don't expect anything beyond a slightly elongated tailbone. DE has been pretty good about not straying too far from basic human anatomy.

Personally I don't expect anything beyond a slightly elongated tailbone. DE has been pretty good about not straying too far from basic human anatomy.

Rhino's codpiece is very generous for someone who might be overcompensating 

edit: you know i just thought of something. since they are basing it off D&D most likely, what if it's actually a Dracomancer and not the actual dragon O.o

Edited by LordOfScrugging

I SO Hope it does Turn out to B a Dragon! Ive been wanting one for a while.. Maybe we could name is Drago, or Dragonoid, how about Bahaumut!? The Developers always do an awesome job, and I know I wont B let down!

Edited by Elron89

i heard you need a a golden fork, a live albino chicken from mars and must sacrifice a virgin before the blood moon rises just to build him then you have to wait 3 years for him to finish building. ps cant wait!

don't forget about the

500 Orokin cells,

12 different Blueprints,

10 million credits,

2 alloy plates,

and the tear of a dodo

i heard you need a a golden fork, a live albino chicken from mars and must sacrifice a virgin before the blood moon rises just to build him then you have to wait 3 years for him to finish building. ps cant wait!

so what i heard. you need to do a quest where the first part is only accessible from random alerts like vauban, the alert missions are all nightmare difficulty with only nullifiers, once that is built, the second part is a key farm, you need to get 4 pieces of the key to fight a random boss who will only drop nano spores. you need to run this mission til the boss is j9-golem grustrag stalker. the final piece is obtained in the Halloween event later this year. then to actually craft the frame, you need 10 tellurium. or you know, you can buy it from the market for 1000 plat

so what i heard. you need to do a quest where the first part is only accessible from random alerts like vauban, the alert missions are all nightmare difficulty with only nullifiers, once that is built, the second part is a key farm, you need to get 4 pieces of the key to fight a random boss who will only drop nano spores. you need to run this mission til the boss is j9-golem grustrag stalker. the final piece is obtained in the Halloween event later this year. then to actually craft the frame, you need 10 tellurium. or you know, you can buy it from the market for 1000 plat

It actually sounds fun.

>_>