Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

That's true.

Besides that, we get multiple little 'color loadouts' anyway. If you decide that you are going to get the most use out of having Fire, Ice and Toxin handy on the fly - for example - than you can pop each appropriate energy color onto a separate appearance tab and then whip up some sexy color combo you like that compliments the energy color for each.

what kind of ele dmg will be black gray and white? * Stalker pallet *-

My friend, It's not about keeping a conversation rolling. It's about what you think I might know.

sr for creating one again no idea how edit works, : 

what kind of ele dmg will be black gray and white? * Stalker pallet *-?????

Honestly there's no way to tell right now. Everything that's been said so far about which-color-to-which-elemental-type is pure speculation, until DE tells us otherwise.

Only the basic color pallet that everyone has will be used for the new frame's abilities. They wouldn't restrict players because they don't have a certain color pallet.

Yeah. This is for the best.

You'll not be penalized for using whatever colors you please on the Warframe. If you truly prefer a mostly black or mostly white Warframe then there is no trouble.

However your energy color, tied to the elements, ought to be one of the recognized shades. It simply means that, on this frame, you're gonna want to make your energy color something more specific to your needs. 

That is fine though! Now you can make your Dragon-frame all White and Light Blue with Blue energy and pretend you are the 'Blue-eyes white dragon'.

Yeah. This is for the best.

You'll not be penalized for using whatever colors you please on the Warframe. If you truly prefer a mostly black or mostly white Warframe then there is no trouble.

However your energy color, tied to the elements, ought to be one of the recognized shades. It simply means that, on this frame, you're gonna want to make your energy color something more specific to your needs. 

That is fine though! Now you can make your Dragon-frame all White and Light Blue with Blue energy and pretend you are the 'Blue-eyes white dragon'.

the war frames name is LANCER, i heard somewhere

the war frames name is LANCER, i heard somewhere

That is, what most people believe to be his placeholder name (they aren't sure, he(?) might actually be called that).

Very, very likely a placeholder. While it's possible he might launch with that name it isn't something you should consider written in stone until DE says it plainly in an announcement.

Honestly, as silly as it may seem I wish they'd name him something like Draig - after a Dragon of a similar name. The proper word would be Ddraig but Warframes tend to simplify names when it can be done.

Honestly, as silly as it may seem I wish they'd name him something like Draig - after a Dragon of a similar name. The proper word would be Ddraig but Warframes tend to simplify names when it can be done.

iunno, draig just doesn't have that roll off the tongue quality most of the other frame names have.

Edited by Cubewano

I honestly don't understand why would DE create a Warframe based off dragons. There are several other themes that could have been explored, including time, space (perhaps that one has been done already with Limbo), earth/ground, and I bet there are quite a few great ones in the Fan Creations (Zephyr was originally Volkovyi's creation).

Of course I'm not here to say "absolutely NO" to a Dragon frame, seeing as I was exactly this perplexed when they announced the Gunslinger, then Mesa came out and I changed my mind just by seeing her in action. Hydroid wasn't half bad either: they described him as a Pirate frame and I was already about to facepalm in frustration, then I played him and I was happy to find out that at least he's fun to use. But it hasn't always been this way: poor Limbo still makes my mind collapse on itself whenever I try to understand why he even exists.

Tl;dr - this is not a particular hate thread, I'm just wondering why and how did the dragon theme take priority over other ideas which, in my opinion, could be long due a shot at making their way to the roster of available Warframes.

Inb4 it's the Mesa effect all over again and it becomes one of my favourites, but that'll have to wait until he's out.

What do you think?