The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Person Spy Missions

SlickGhost

If they do, I haven't made it far enough to find out. If so, then disregard the post. I was about to find out but was bombarded by mobs because it was 2 tenno vs all. Pretty tough if you're with a rank 1 with bad gear. Everyone has to learn, but I don't think missions should set people up for failure.

First and only thing I need to ask: If there are 4 data terminals, how are 2 people supposed to carry them? This is a horrible fail and needs to be fixed.

Anyone else notice this?

They stack, one player can carry all the datamasses if needed.  Spy 2.0 (a complete rework of spy missions) is on the way and no longer features the datamass!

If they do, I haven't made it far enough to find out. If so, then disregard the post. I was about to find out but was bombarded by mobs because it was 2 tenno vs all. Pretty tough if you're with a rank 1 with bad gear. Everyone has to learn, but I don't think missions should set people up for failure.

Which region and node were you playing?

They stack, one player can carry all the datamasses if needed.  Spy 2.0 (a complete rework of spy missions) is on the way and no longer features the datamass!

Does it make use of the scanner?

Is that in responce to players not liking Spy missions because the datamass forces them down to their secondaries (as ranged weapon option)?

If i remember right the problem was allready talked about in 2013 in a devstream. Looking forward to what you finaly decided on.

However what about the datamass in Mobile Defence and certain Sabotage missions? Will those be affected by the Spy 2.0 datamass change too?

That could actualy be a cool alternative. Though it would need a bit of added challenge, like having to codebreak a locker or terminal, before you can just snap photos of the files.

Yep, they stack. One person can carry four packs. I wouldn't solo spy if that were not the case.

In the earlier build of the game, the datamass would actualy have a glowing orb in it, with each datamass pack you would pick up an orb would be added to it.

It was therefor easy to see which player carried how many datamasses at the moment. This was removed some day.

Edited by Othergrunty

In the earlier build of the game, the datamass would actualy have a glowing orb in it, with each datamass pack you would pick up an orb would be added to it.

It was therefor easy to see which player carried how many datamasses at the moment. This was removed some day.

The "orb" is still present, just now it is much smaller than it used to be. Take a good look next time you do a spy mission.

The "orb" is still present, just now it is much smaller than it used to be. Take a good look next time you do a spy mission.

I know. I just thought it wasn't changing color anymore and adding one more for each datamass, instead having 4 orbs from the start. But you are right i might need to take another look to know if all indicators on how many you carry were removed or not.

Any news about Spy 2.0 makes me hope that Stealth improvements are coming nearer & nearer...And that can't cheer me up more!

The ""focus"" has been on endless run&gun missions for too long! Let's hope for a Warframe with different & viable playstyles...

Spy missions should be FULL STEALTH, and if you get noticed then TONS of super heavy enemies will swarm you and you will die.

>:D

Yeah that would make rambo players know that a is done in the light(samurai) AND in the dark(spies,ninja)...

Samurai-Spy.jpg

Spy missions should be FULL STEALTH, and if you get noticed then TONS of super heavy enemies will swarm you and you will die.

>:D

Sorry, but no amount of additional heavy enemies would force people to run full stealth. People already deal with those sorts swiftly in a variety of other gaming modes.

Is that in responce to players not liking Spy missions because the datamass forces them down to their secondaries (as ranged weapon option)?

However what about the datamass in Mobile Defence and certain Sabotage missions? Will those be affected by the Spy 2.0 datamass change too?

Having to carry around 4 datamasses for the whole mission is just one of the reasons for it being reworked. The original spy gamemode has been around since the very early stages of the game before closed beta. The whole game has come a long way since then, and some of the gamemodes still need to catch up!

Currently not beyond the scanner's usual functions, it will be useful for spotting enemies and objects through walls. That could be interesting though, I wouldn't want to force players to use it to complete the mission in regular star chart missions since it's a purchasable consumable. Perhaps it would work as an optional extra within the mission, or in quests and tactical alerts.

Edit: Devsream 41 contained a brief preview of Spy 2.0 in its early stages.

Edited by Whirrrrr

Eight, actually. Back when Lotus would randomly pop in with "Oh hey, do this other thing, too, before you extract", I had a number of double-spy missions and usually went out carrying all of the datamasses.

It could sometimes become a nightmare haha...

Right now, the only times I get her "change of plans" line, it's when I do a sabotage but I end up killing everyone(quietly,of course : it's more fun).

I like that objective modification though, & I miss the time when we could see cross-faction battles occur randomly!(but that's okay,we got invasions/infestations for this now)

Edited by unknow99

Those still happen all the time on Ceres. 

Really?! I might visit this planet more often then! Thanks for the info vaug. :)

One of the current problems we currently have is that we usually storm through planets,and only come back for endless mission types/bosses/alerts.

It needs to change! And part of that change is giving good incentives on doing more than just defense/survival/stuff in the void/derelict imo.

(Raid & Spy reworks,alongside rescue 2.0, might accomplish it)