Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Freedom Of Customization Due To All Color Palletes Platinum Only.

__Kanade__

I'm tired of seeing new palletes being released and only available for platinum only, I've played enough games as it is where you can't use the simplest customization features like changing the color of your characters gear without having to spend real money on it. Hell, your even limited on the Classice pallete you start with in the game to just one column and you have to spend $5 to unlock the rest of the Classic pallete, that's so stupid.

The color pallets need to be changed, make it available for credits as well, otherwise your idea of adding more customization to Warframe is nothing more than the typical "Pay-To-Have-A-Decent-Amount-Of-Customization" game.

Or make the pallete have a blueprint we can craft from, give us something that gives those who don't have that luxury to put real money into the game some decent features to work with.

I could buy the new pallets if I wanted, but no, just no. That's $5 I'm not going to spend just cause it has one or two colors I'll ever use out of the 50 or w/e number of colors each pallete has.

pay to have customization?

ok, what the hell are you suppose to pay for then? that is the most harmless way to go about it. you can be different colors woooooo. selling power is bad, but selling colors? 

nothing DE, you cant sell nothing. in fact send me a check every month for playing your game. curse you to hell.

While we're at it, let's make boosters and sentinel decorations craftable with credits too!

No, dude.  Colors are a luxury.  They're entirely cosmetic.  The default color selection actually has a pretty good range!  A lot of people just don't like that black isn't included.

I'd have to disagree, customization in a F2P game should be something you pay for. The reasoning behind this is because it allows the company to make money without the game becoming focused on purchasing weapons and frames with real money.

My only gripe with colors is the question why the Classic pallet costs the exact same as the other pallets when a fifth of it is already unlocked.

As a player with a directly opposed opinion please keep them plat only. Feel free to eat and pay your bills with mine and others cash, like the rest of the working world DE.

P.S smoke palette is awesome, well worth the plat.

I think that they could lower some of the plat costs, or run some sales on color pallets every once in a while. I think they would probably make more money off of color pallet sales in the long run. Personally, I would be more interested in getting some alternate color options if I wasn't looking at it as being nearly 4 potatoes.

Didn't know ppl liked having limited customization, oh well.

I (and I'm pretty sure the rest) don't like having limited customization options. However, we do know when it's a good thing to ask for something, and when it isn't.

Currently, every single item in the game can be bought without using their virtual currency. The only exceptions to this rule are the Warframe slots, weapon slots, boosters, sentinel toys, and colour palettes. The colour palettes are one of the major platinum sellers for this game: You're basically asking for the developers of the game to cut their paycheck because you have the urge to look different. They have already granted us an outstanding free to play game, and the least we can do is actually buy platinum to support them, and to purchase items in an easier way. Allowing us to acquire colour palettes through means other than by using platinum reduces the urge to purchase platinum for most players.

so just wanted to point out that most of the people voting for plat only are founders (usually of the master/grand-master kind) who spend over a hundred dollars on this game at least. So from that point of view I understand why they want to feel like they are special. most of the people voting for the credit option are non-founders, who have probably already used the starting platinum on warframe/weapon slots.

personally, the only thing I have bought is one warframe spot (so I can have 2 other frames besides Excalibur) and one weapon slot (so I can have dedicated weapons for each frame). I would like to have all of the classic palette, but can't because of the good reasons that were pointed out above.

The most I can possibly justify spending on ANY game (regardless if f2p, or console, or subscription) is $60 dollars; based on the reasoning that Skyrim was at retail $60 and because of the amount of content, and variation offered that was a completely justified number. (that's also the most I've ever spent on a video game). Also, if you count mods, skyrim was constantly "updated" to use mmo terms.

in Summary, If I do by the Hunter founders pack, that will be my max, anything more than that I will deem as too expensive, even for the quality of the game it is. They should be happy knowing there are people like the above who spend $250 basically as a donation to their salaries.

Colors don't affect gameplay in any way, so they should stay Platinum only.

As mentioned, they are luxury items. You have a job and get money? Then buy some plat instead of a package of milk one day and get it.

DE get some dosh and can continue to develop the game you like and play.

Same thing goes for the Sentinel parts and boosters. They don't affect gameplay, so Platinum only.

Edited by se05239

Platinum only.

The color palettes have zero, ZERO effect on gameplay. They're certainly not forcing you to buy them.

If you want customization, have a heart and support these hardworking devs by buying some platinum. 

I don't see the problem with charging credits to unlock the rest of the stock colors, (granted, they don't need to do this by any means...) however the alternate color packs are totally fair game for plat only purchases. Just stick around and stop complaining about things not being free and I'm sure you'll score lots of cool things for nothing. I'm still a bit miffed that I missed the 1cr Saturated Color pack. I'll be sure to follow Warframe news from now on. =P

Edited by Lumireaver

I have no idea, Cali. Doubt that there will be a halloween palette, because the grineer have outlawed it.

But back on topic:

No. DE needs to make money. Paying for cosmetics and paying to save time are the fairest ways to do microtransactions at the moment.

DE have already given you the option to finish every mission and use every weapon and warframe for free. I could have maxed out my volt and ember, potato'd all of my weapons, finished all of the missions and called it a day without spending anything.

But I bought the disciple pack so DE can get money.

All in all, you're asking for more for free. Which means less for DE. I'm a poet and I don't even know it. If you don't like the limited customization, go buy some plat. Seriously, the cheapest pack is only around 7$.

Edited by MechNexus

Credits are meaningless. They are nothing DE can use to continue development of the game. If anything, time invested into Warframe is data stored on their servers, so in all actuality a load/cost factor. As soon as you ask for any item in the game to be available for ingame currency such as Credits or resources, you are asking DE to provide something for already investing in you.

Colour palettes do not affect gameplay at all - you are 100% at the same level as others. If you feel like painting your frame differently, feel free to, for example, purchase a Founder's pack or a Platinum pack, consider it a one-off purchase to pay for a game, and then acquire colour palettes as you see fit. The game already comes for free. If you like it, you can "donate" some money to DE and unlock some content in return, too.

No one likes limitations. But a limitation on colours is no game breaking limitation, and it is a valid Plainum sink. Looking at it differently is fairly shortsighted. If no one pays, how is this game going to continue to run? DE has mouths to feed.