Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Finding That Not All Prime Additions Are To Your Liking?

Innocent_Flower

So prime frames come with both better polarities (Unless they're Nova) and a small stat bonus (unless they're mag and frost, who will likely get updates, or excalibur, who won't, Because he's the exclusive swagscalibur prime)  

So, Generaly, Gameplay wise in the long term you're going to want to have the prime versions, because they're better and take a lot to get. (and nothing says you're the boss more than swagscalibur prime) 

But.. Uhm... Could it not also be true that many players might like the look of the original better, or dislike an aspect of the prime whilst otherwise enjoying everything else. Like my personal list would be: Golden abilities are dumb, mag looks worse, Nova has parts I like and dislike and nyx's prime parts clash with her immortal skin. also I like default ember's leg cage more, but the prime version is fine. 

Now, That's my personal list, but I'm sure many other players have lists of their own. I'm sure we can all dispute things like: 'I like Gold rhino iron skin' against 'I don't like Gold rhino iron skin'. And We'll get nowhere (except on the issue of mag prime's face. I think the vast majority dislike that one) You might like nova's neck decoration but dislike her 'wings' or you might love ember prime's flaming helmet but prefer the original thigh-cage. 

So, I'd like to see a menu where we can customise prime add-ons. Where we can turn off golden abilities if we don't like them, or remove that extra part if we don't like it, or use the old regular frame's part if we prefer it. If you like everything added to a prime frame; You'd be able to keep it that way. If you don't like it at all, you'l be able to waltz around looking like a normal frame whilst keeping the minor stat-boost/better polarities of a prime frame. It's a win-win thing. 

also, fix nyx's prime's immortal skin please. 

The only thing I want something like this to happen with is Paris and Paris Prime. I love the look of the normal Paris, but dislike Paris Prime's appearance, but with superior stats, I go with Paris Prime when I have to choose between the two. Otherwise, I roll Dread as my primary bow.

Excalibur Prime has a small shield recharge bonus iirc

I hate to say this, but I think that got removed when u15 came around.

Edited by NoggDog117

So, I'd like to see a menu where we can customise prime add-ons. Where we can turn off golden abilities if we don't like them, or remove that extra part if we don't like it, or use the old regular frame's part if we prefer it. If you like everything added to a prime frame; You'd be able to keep it that way. If you don't like it at all, you'l be able to waltz around looking like a normal frame whilst keeping the minor stat-boost/better polarities of a prime frame. It's a win-win thing. 

What I'd like is to be able to remove Nyx Prime's 'boob cage' and use original Nyx's colouring layout. Oh, and being able to use original Ember's colour layout on Ember Prime.

So, I'd like to see a menu where we can customise prime add-ons. Where we can turn off golden abilities if we don't like them, or remove that extra part if we don't like it, or use the old regular frame's part if we prefer it. If you like everything added to a prime frame; You'd be able to keep it that way. If you don't like it at all, you'l be able to waltz around looking like a normal frame whilst keeping the minor stat-boost/better polarities of a prime frame. It's a win-win thing

Once I read a thread where "let us put normal helmets on primes" was being discussed. [DE]Steve himself, iirc, appeared and said "not going to happen".

In my opinion, not going to happen.

Besides, DE is not totally unresponsive. Part of the community kept complaining that we can't remove the gold color. So Nova Prime and Soma Prime have costumizable (removable) gold. Result? Part of the community, probably as big as the first, was outraged.

Besides, for frames, the buffs are really minor (except, arguably, Rhino Prime's speed). If you prefer the way the non-prime looks, use the non-prime.

So far, my biggest disappointment with the last two Primes is largely due to the fact they are not Trinity Prime.

:<<<

Well, Yes. The next one is volt, but I dearly hope the one after is Trinity. 

Once I read a thread where "let us put normal helmets on primes" was being discussed. [DE]Steve himself, iirc, appeared and said "not going to happen".

In my opinion, not going to happen.

Besides, DE is not totally unresponsive. Part of the community kept complaining that we can't remove the gold color. So Nova Prime and Soma Prime have costumizable (removable) gold. Result? Part of the community, probably as big as the first, was outraged.

Besides, for frames, the buffs are really minor (except, arguably, Rhino Prime's speed). If you prefer the way the non-prime looks, use the non-prime.

On the gold colour, I think the being able to colour the gold parts is a big step forward. Was it done perfectly? No. But, maybe a seperate 'prime parts' menu letting us change the gold specifically would work wonders. 

Yes, yes, yes. Absolutely 100% in support of this idea.

I was honestly never a fan of DE's "make Prime versions slight upgrades over their originals" due to the issues regarding power creep and customization and such. It turns out that prime Frames' boosts aren't all too significant to be considered such (it's not like Rhino Prime's speed boost is going to let him carry squads through two hours of T4 survival while the original struggles to make it past Venus, however noticeable the boost may be during gameplay), but regardless of whether the power issue is or isn't a thing (that's another discussion), the customization thing is still an issue that I'd like to see addressed.

Not everyone likes gold parts, and not everyone likes the body replacements/additions (Loki Prime's elbow spikes and lilium-pod leg armor), but in the end they're still obligated to stick with them because of the stat bonuses. I'm 100% for having the ability to enable and disable these as we please; every bit of armor, every gold trimming, and maybe even every default body texture, should be optional.

Visual customization should be encouraged, and I can't think of any problems this could cause off the top of my head.

Edited by SortaRandom

Very much agree with this. Even an option to simply use default warframe model with the bonuses of a prime would go a long way. The golden swag and twirly bits never sat right with me, I just prefer my warframe to look like it was made for combat as the name implies. Primes look like vanity pieces. 

I rather prefer to have those add-ons while using the skin of the normal counterpart, not the immortal skin

Well, That's true (especially with nova. Though it applies to everything else) I just brought the Nyx immortal skin up because it looks so damn wrong on the prime frame

(also, to a lesser extent the leg-cage of ember needs to change with the immortal skin)

Gilded accents that enhance a frame to give it a new look are very nice (Nova and Loki Prime). The "birdcage effect", as I call it, is where trinkety attachments to the original CGI model tend to detract a bit. Some prime frames look a little too much like they have a birdcage around their body or head.

Obviously it's about what YOU like, and all Primes have had a great amount of effort put into their design.

Yes, yes, yes. Absolutely 100% in support of this idea.

I was honestly never a fan of DE's "make Prime versions slight upgrades over their originals" due to the issues regarding power creep and customization and such. It turns out that prime Frames' boosts aren't all too significant to be considered such (it's not like Rhino Prime's speed boost is going to let him carry squads through two hours of T4 survival while the original struggles to make it past Venus, however noticeable the boost may be during gameplay), but regardless of whether the power issue is or isn't a thing (that's another discussion), the customization thing is still an issue that I'd like to see addressed.

Not everyone likes gold parts, and not everyone likes the body replacements/additions (Loki Prime's elbow spikes and lilium-pod leg armor), but in the end they're still obligated to stick with them because of the stat bonuses. I'm 100% for having the ability to enable and disable these as we please; every bit of armor, every gold trimming, and maybe even every default body texture, should be optional.

Visual customization should be encouraged, and I can't think of any problems this could cause off the top of my head.

So long as there is some small standard indicating a prime, I'm for it!