Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Were The Void Towers Used For Exactly? (Pictures)

(PSN)kiddplay13

Going to any Void Tower has it's secrets and whatnot, but the biggest ones are right under our noses. Several rooms all resemble something that suggests maybe the Orokin worked there. There are certain rooms which all resemble something in modern day (Pictures will be at the bottom), for example there is a large room which largely resembles an Opera theater or orchestra. There is another room which has a water flowing system which resembles sewers, which would indicate that there is a plumbing system, which would then mean the Void has residential areas in it, but yet there is no sleeping quarters or even a toilet. There is also what i call the "Hologram" Room which has a large table which projects three large objects, and located around that room is some very casual tables and chairs which would be better suited for a lounge of some sorts. But yet there are various dangerous traps which are almost around every corner, which obviously is unsafe for "working".

(All images do not belong to me and were pulled from Le Internet)

Sewer Room #1

CBorokin2.png

Orchestra Room

Warframe2014-09-0122-55-46-67_zpse765301

Sewer Room #2

pvl6fgX.jpg?1

Hologram Room

9Kb99mR.jpg

Traps

20140223221407!Orokin_laser_trap_spinnin

So what do you guys think the Void Towers were used for during the Void Era?

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I think they are all-purpose colonies, they have an infrastructure for supporting life. I wouldn't be surprised if DE expands the tile set sometime in the future. What I want to know is why are there rooms at the end of corridors filled with lockers....and why did the orokin put benches EVERYWHERE?!?

In a similiar post I responded to quick with what turns out to be speculation, most likely, that the towers where mere safe houses to whether the storm during the war. However, as you point out it does seem like the Orokin where doing more in the void. More speculation, but it seems they are engineering power plants or something similar. It could be related to what keeps the towers from being destroyed by the voids corruptive influence. The death orbs and some of the other defense might be additional security features put in by the neural sentry.

given in the trailer that Vor and the grineers go into the void tower to kidnap a new awaken Excalibur, and the fact that the prime frames can turn death orb to friendly power supply, and that the prime frames are the original frames, I'd guess it's build in the void for the tennos and the researchers that working on them. Like a isolated research facility, where the test subjects live there.

Research stations, prisons or vaults would be the most likely options.

The Lotus often says that the Orokin hid something in the Void via the towers, so the third option seems the most likely.

They might have also doubled as shelter for high ranking Orokin members to survive the Sentients, ala the Vaults in Fallout. Most likely never used as such though. Hence the luxury elements.

Edited by Othergrunty

Scream too me like some "public social area". I feel like I'm walking in the Orokins shoes each time I go too the Void. Reasons:

The sewer system - Every mall/social area has a sewer or anything for that matter.

The Hologram room - Used too display information too a vast majority of people, either soldiers or just plain regular Orokin.

The Orchestra room - I really think this has nothing too do with entertainment as much as it screams too me a similar shape too how a Console judges someone were their all high above them and only one spot in the middle.

The Orokin defenses - Tells me this place was populated enough too be protected highly, again whether its military purposes or civilian we cannot tell.

Again though remember theirs allot of "public" things around in the Void. Bench's, light poles, fountains, massive stairways, open rooms, long hallways...ect ect. But this is my theory again like I said.