The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword Coast Legends (Digital Extremes And N-Space Collaboration)!

[DE]Rebecca

n-SPACE? Have I heard that name before, cause I'm having a bit of Déjà Vu here.

*...one google search later...*

It's mostly licensed IPs, with one original IP.
Nothing particularly spectacular, or memorable (Hannah Montanah...bleh, someone get me a barf bag), but at the same time not bad either.

So this is probably going to be a heroes of ruin sequel? Eh, sure, I'll check it out if it seems interesting.

Fantasy nerds unite! But truly, n-SPACE is doing fantasy, we're just helping!

So... n-SPACE is doing... fantasy... shouldn't they be doing scifi? shouldn't they change their name to n-FOREST or n-HOBBITHOLE before trying fantasy?

... no? jokes too bad to be funny? k....

So... n-SPACE is doing... fantasy... shouldn't they be doing scifi? shouldn't they change their name to n-FOREST or n-HOBBITHOLE before trying fantasy?

Those are so bad, Sheogorath facepalmed, and he's deranged.

This is an interesting development. Good on DE for finding a way to share there insights in self-publishing and presumably free 2 play model. 

Also interesting, this is not likely the second game DE got from its deal in the SUMPO acquisition(see links at bottom). DE has a new free 2 play game in the wings, and I don't think it was referring to this n-SPACE deal. Not clear if it is for wide release or for Chinese market, only time will tell. 

So far it has been hard to perceive how the acquisition has effected development for DE. It could be what has allowed the dedicated servers for Relays, and DE mentioned its hopes to expand that, at least in part, to Dojo's. 

Very cool, I will be following this n-SPACE development.

http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/SEHK/2014/1014/LTN20141014641.pdf

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324240-partnership-announcement/

Final Fantasy XV and most FF series. And I can't wait for it to be out either.

Hello Tenno!

Some pretty exciting Digital Extremes news is coming, and although it isn't Warframe related, it's still something we want to share on our forums since it does involve DE!

With over 2 years of Warframe development (and team growth) here at Digital Extremes, we've reached a point where we are able to help developers who are in the same position we were years ago: having a team with skills and heart to make games, and an urge to step away from publishers to do their own thing!

Digital Extremes is collaborating with the team at n-SPACE to release an exciting new RPG set within a world-renowned fantasy franchise!

The collaboration we're offering isn't development focused -- it's mostly the guidance and publishing support we wish we had when we were starting out. As I post this, the DE crew you know is working away on the next major Warframe update (myself included when I finish writing this), while a handful of marketing & publishing brains get things ready for this exciting collaboration. If you're nerds at heart like us, you should be excited too!

As James Schmalz, Digital Extremes CEO puts it: "We learned many valuable lessons along the way and now have the means and talent to help another independent developer achieve a level of success not possible with conventional publisher relationships. And so that's what we're doing,"

Check back next week for the big announcement on the coming n-SPACE developed title!

More info here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/04/veteran-work-for-hire-studio-n-space-teams-up-with-warframe-studio-to-make-something-of-its-own/

Man, another reason why you guys are the best studios out there!