Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows Appearance Rework

Desamos

I know this has been talked about but although it was mentioned I want to know how many people really want this first over all the revamps that they are and will be doing with weapons? I personally wanna see your quiver placed somewhere on each frame that won't disfigure itself with your syandana or at the most the bow itself. I'd wanna see the bow's string physics actually go over your chest instead of cutting through your heart inside your body. And I would love to see a rework on both the Paris prime's visual and sound. I know this is a lot to ask and I know a lot of people would disagree with my opinion (and that's okay we're all adults here) but bows being my favorite weapon in the game from the beginning of warframe, i want to see some positive and beautiful changes in their artwork and animation.

What are your opinions? And do you think this topic is either being avoided, paused, or do you think this is absurd and that I should switch to off topic forums where no one looks haha. Thank you for your feedback.

Edit: title changed. Also I should have posted this in the animation / art section of the feedback category. If a DE forum moderator could do that, that would be awesome and thank you.

Edited by Desamos

Bows do have some awkward graphics and animations, I have always found. Not an amazingly big problem, game-wise, but I'd be really happy if those two or three things could be looked at.

I don't think it is one of DE's priorities, but as they are having a look at most weapons (at least redoing the shine on them), I hope that when the bows' time comes DE will also fix at least the quiver and the string.

Reworking Paris Prime's look is kinda dumb when DE could just make another prime bow =/

Revamp is usually a different term for the word buff/rework. So probably change the title. Other than that, I agree that bow physics should be better.

M8. Change the Paris Prime appearance. I do not care if that means missing a new Prime bow. I want a Paris Prime appearance re-work.

M8. Change the Paris Prime appearance. I do not care if that means missing a new Prime bow. I want a Paris Prime appearance re-work.

Basically what you're saying is that I don't like Limbo's appearance, I want it to be completely changed. Chances of it actually happening is low. The only gripe I have with it is the energy circle in the front, looks bad. Sure you may not like it but some people do.

Basically what you're saying is that I don't like Limbo's appearance, I want it to be completely changed. Chances of it actually happening is low. The only gripe I have with it is the energy circle in the front, looks bad. Sure you may not like it but some people do.

Well this is a topic that was brought back and discussed many times but people have not seen or heard of any changes. I one of those people am still curious and wanted to see what a majority of a people still want. So, that's why I re-opened this discussion to see what a majority of people think. And I agree, some people don't want change and that's perfectly fine, but I want everyone to be heard even those like yourself im assuming who don't want changes to the bows.

... Who ACTUALLY likes the Paris Prime appearance though? No one does. Limbo, on the other hand, no one complains about Limbo's appearance. Whereas Paris Prime, there are a number of Threads asking for an appearance change. 

Hence why I proposed an alternate skin for the Paris p like many other weapons in game already have.

If you love your current visuals so much you can keep them, everyone else who finds them abysmal bad would be able to use the alternative skin. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Hence why I proposed an alternate skin for the Paris p like many other weapons in game already have.

If you love your current visuals so much you can keep them, everyone else who finds them abysmal bad would be able to use the alternative skin.

I'm also quite fine with that.

Well this is a topic that was brought back and discussed many times but people have not seen or heard of any changes. I one of those people am still curious and wanted to see what a majority of a people still want. So, that's why I re-opened this discussion to see what a majority of people think. And I agree, some people don't want change and that's perfectly fine, but I want everyone to be heard even those like yourself im assuming who don't want changes to the bows.

I'm quite fine either way but I'd prefer if DE were to have an actual vote or so in the community hot topics, not asked by a partial part of the community.

Edited by izzatuw

If you love your current visuals so much you can keep them, everyone else who finds them abysmal bad can use the alternative skin.

This is a good idea. I still want to see a few minor changes like the bows string to not dig inside your body but instead have the physics to extend it on to your chest. Also when you put the bow back on your back, frames like excalibur have a smaller back and the quiver just pierces through the bow itself and it annoys me to a great extent cus something this beautiful and amazing shouldnt look like that. Edited by Desamos

This is a good idea. I still want to see a few minor changes like the bows string to not dig inside your body but instead have the physics to extend it on to your chest. Also when you put the bow back on your back, frames like excalibur have a smaller back and the quiver just pierces through the bow itself and it annoys me to a great extent cus something this beautiful and amazing shouldnt look like that.

I think the issue with the bows and the quiver physics is that all frames use the same skeleton or so to speak. If they could fix frames using Mirage's agile animation, than they could've with bows.

This is a good idea. I still want to see a few minor changes like the bows string to not dig inside your body but instead have the physics to extend it on to your chest. Also when you put the bow back on your back, frames like excalibur have a smaller back and the quiver just pierces through the bow itself and it annoys me to a great extent cus something this beautiful and amazing shouldnt look like that.

If you like the idea of an alternative skin for Paris P bumo the thread!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395309-alternate-skin-for-the-paris-prime/

i want interchangable Arrows.

even if it's only cosmetic, but having them affect the performance of the Weapon would also be great.

mostly i just want to take the Arrow from Paris Prime and use it on any other Bow. that arrow is a masterpiece but the rest of the Bow looks like some sort of really weird sex toy to me. or something. it definitely doesn't look like a Bow to me.

probably do the same for Sniper Rifles too (swapping Arrows or Ammunition would give the shots different properties, i'm not suggesting swapping a different Ammunition into Lanka would make it Raytrace or anything, just change the properties of the shots). maybe even all Weapons.

(if it'll have an effect on Weapon properties, Punch-Through, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Status Chance, Rate of Fire, Charge Speed if applicable, Magazine size if applicable, Et Cetera could be adjusted by Ammunition. this Type of Ammunition has more of this and that, but less of that and this). only compatible inside Weapon Archetype. sorry, no putting Dread Arrows inside your Braton.

perfect application could be Weapon 'Auras'. don't add or remove any Mod Points though, they'd be like passives for your Weapons.

Edited by taiiat

Moved to art and animation subforums, as requested.

Thank you so much.

I want the quiver to hang from the hip like how the pros did it back in the day:

Weigel-Turkish_footsoldier.jpg

The most swag...

This is an idea I had a long time ago I think is actually wonderful. You could even have the option to either have it on the back or side

As bows are really great.

If they would only change the art to fit the frame, as you said string not grinding into the frame and other stuff - I am all for it.

Otherwise don't change anything else (gameplay wise).

Yeah no way, gameplay wise is the reason why I would want an art change because they are awesome to use and they've made them so fun to use, I would want to see just visual changes.