Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Notice Something Interesting With This Picture?

RainDreamer

iONMsuo8eknzC.png

No? Zoom in!

ibap3AyBwg12iH.png

Still no? Zoom in even more!

iBLXumkgHYAbR.png

Zoom in again for dramatic effect!

i6iqriyJ3m0bq.png

So what am I trying to say with this? [kind of long winded, you don't have to read this one, just enjoy the pics above before reading this]

Whether it is intentional or not, or maybe just my imagination, but it seems like DE just casually included a pre-op transgender woman in the game, and doesn't make a big deal out of it, or even make it a point of her character. She is a badass thief, and that is all. Well, maybe a bit greedy, but that is the character personality flaw, not because of what she is, but just what she believes in.

As a trans girl, I find this very inspiring and amazing that we see more gender-variant characters around, but not being defined by their gender identity, but with their character and personality. It is not even mentioned or made into some sort of statement, because in an ideal world, that is how things should be - people live as they are, and no one cares about what they have on their bodies, just what they do.

Edit: Also, it is not my intention to make a big deal out of this, I just think it is pretty neat to share. I do not want to make a statement or trying to make it into an issue/problem/talking point about social situation. I enjoy the game, and this makes me enjoy it even more, and maybe if there are others in my situation, they may also enjoy this!

Edit 2: Seems like Maroo got the ops at last on the latest hotfix! Congratulation for her!

Edited by RainDreamer

To be honest, until you mentionned transgender, what I thought you wanted us to notice is how her waist is impossibly thin and her hips aren't as wide as her shoulders, which gives the impression she'd break in two if she ever decided to bend over or sideways and impossibly top heavy.

As for her being a trans, all for the better; in whichever year Warframe takes place in the future, I would have guessed gender-identity issues and debates would have long been resolved, especially since we're playing as the Tenno who, given how they can use any Warframe at will, have their gender be whichever they wish to at any time.

Edited by Wiegraf

You're probably reading too much into a simple character model detail that may (or may not) just be an accident. I doubt that the designers were going out of their way designing characters to subtly hint on, so to speak, alternative gender variants. 

But since you choose to see it that way and find it inspiring, I guess that's good for you and there's nothing wrong with that. But I don't think we should be giving it too much attention in gaming as, in my opinion, in simply shouldn't matter

Edit: Also, intentionally drawing a d*ck bulge on a character model is kinda weird...

Edited by Grander.Alderman