Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp

RoboDoge

I must say, i really like what devs are trying to do here ( not that community didnt say it from the start ). And i am actually compelled to try PvP after the change.

Yes, there will be some balance issues but this seems more fair and rewarding than what we have now.

This is the first after a long time that devs made something that might interest me.

The fact that it's using a limited pool makes it much more promising in my eyes.  But some skills will definitely need to be adjusted, as shown, volt is so OP:

Shield

Speed for CTF

OP shock.

But, i actually have faith in this endeavor.

I probably missed something. What were the changes to pvp?

Ever played Guild Wars 2 pvp?

It's that in nutshell.

Basically you have basic warframes and weapons to eliminate imbalance issues (still work in progress)

From the looks of it, there are new mission types aswell.

Edited by Morgax

PVP?

*Reloads opticor and sharpens dragon nikana*

Heads will roll

Except that you likely won't be able to use either of those weapons once the new PvP is introduced.  They're be a ban list of weapons, and you'll only be able to use a select few of them that aren't banned and with only a select few mods.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

Ever played Guild Wars 2 pvp?

It's that in nutshell.

Basically you have basic warframes and weapons to eliminate imbalance issues (still work in progress)

From the looks of it, there are new mission types aswell.

Dayum, realized now that there is the devstream x.x

thx

Except that you likely won't be able to use either of those weapons once the new PvP is introduced.  They're be a ban list of weapons, and you'll only be able to use a select few of them that aren't banned and with only a select few mods.

What? 

Nooo

Well I okay no opticor but come one I need the nikana D: 

Wait so explosive weaps might be "banned" from pvp?

Something that I will never use! Yay

I never played PvP, simply because it looked like a really bad idea given the immense difference in Power Vs Survivability between weapons, powers and Warframes.... but if they managed to pull off something like what they described, I'd be willing to give it a try.

UT Frame needs a CTF-Face remake. And maybe CTF-Collossus.

Dammit, I would play them all day.

Give me DM-Morpheus, 3 giant towers that rose from the ground to low orbit and Tenno wallrunning and launching themselves from one another while exchanging gunfire and blade clashes and I'll be happy.

Edited by Wiegraf

As long Im not forced to play it for ANYTHING related to PvE...

because I don't want to join it.

Yeah the PvE updates are just to please a tiny vocal minority of toxic and angry 12 year old nerds. I'm not entirely convinced DE should ever listen to PvE players.

I don't play PvE and don't think it should ever have been an addition to Warframe, the PvE players certainly aren't.

Feels nice, doesn't it?

I'm fine with more updates too the Player vs Players aspect so long as it stays in its own little galaxy away from the PVE side of Warframe. It's designed too give players the opportunity too shoot each other not too be the main focus of the game, thought this dose look promising.

If people really need a PVP aspect so badly they should go too call of duty for their running and gunning needs.

Edited by Monybags33

I'm fine with more updates too the Player vs Players aspect so long as it stays in its own little galaxy away from the PVE side of Warframe. It's designed too give players the opportunity too shoot each other not too be the main focus of the game, thought this dose look promising.

If people really need a PVP aspect so badly they should go too call of duty for their running and gunning needs.

AFAIK Call of Duty doesn't feature parkour.

Yeah the PvE updates are just to please a tiny vocal minority of toxic and angry 12 year old nerds. I'm not entirely convinced DE should ever listen to PvE players.

I don't play PvE and don't think it should ever have been an addition to Warframe, the PvE players certainly aren't.

Feels nice, doesn't it?

You're so sad... Im gonna try once again basic language.

Warframe started as Main PvE, with PvP as something extra.

Now, I do support PvP for you guys, I just would like to avoid PvP for... I don't know... a Toxic Mod for Rifles?

As long there are PvP only related things, it's fine, and if you don't like Warframe PvE, you shouldn't be forced to PvE for PvP gear/mods, so to say.

Im NOT against PvP. I just say, they should stay two separated worlds.

Now please... with all the kindness... beat it.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

You're so sad... Im gonna try once again basic language.

Warframe started as Main PvE, with PvP as something extra.

Now, I do support PvP for you guys, I just would like to avoid PvP for... I don't know... a Toxic Mod for Rifles?

As long there are PvP only related things, it's fine, and if you don't like Warframe PvE, you shouldn't be forced to PvE for PvP gear/mods, so to say.

Im NOT against PvP. I just say, they should stay two separated worlds.

Now please... with all the kindness... beat it. 

PvP mod's will only drop from PvP battles and only be used in PvP.

Edited by Heroicleopard

PvP mod's will only drop from PvP battles and only be used in PvP.

Technically they wont drop from anywhere. You will have only handful mods from your overall mods that you can use in PvP, rest will be locked because of balance.

And PvP Syndicate will give mods that you can only use in PvP.

Balancing wise its not perfect, but it is going in the right direction.