The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Be Fine If Coptering Was Removed If We Keep Aerial Melee?

Twilight053

yes, remove the momentum. Slide attacks are fine, fast traveling because of momentum glitching and clipping is not. To compensate remove stamina costs from melee and sprinting, but leave it there for wall running and parrying. Would make the game feel more immersive, in my opinion. Even at a cost of speed...

i like how people say no but dont say why. give feedback. give suggestions. No because you love to copter around and rush missions is an acceptable answer [if not a poor excuse]. nothing can be done without suggestions and disscussions.

nope

No.

Edited by DarkArchon

I would be totally okay with it being removed. With directional melee whats the point?

What I mean by "coptering" is the momentum you gain from a slide attack. A simple slide attack should not send you flying 50+ meters. Slide attacks of course should still be a thing, just not launch you across the room.  Removing that momentum would also make ie eaiser to chain slide attacks w/o smashing your face into a wall.

Edited by nickelshark

i like how people say no but dont say why. give feedback. give suggestions. No because you love to copter around and rush missions is an acceptable answer [if not a poor excuse]. nothing can be done without suggestions and disscussions.

OP didn't ask for feedback, he asked for opinions. Inexplicably short posts incur inexplicably short replies. 

NO. STOP TRYING TO RUIN THE GAME.

HOW DOES IT RUIN THE GAME ALL CAPS RAWR

OP didn't ask for feedback, he asked for opinions. Inexplicably short posts incur inexplicably short replies. 

its a forum, this is a thread, the whole purpose of this space is for discussion. y/n is not conducive to anything

The OP didn't ask for supporting statements to the question's answer... Just for an answer.

If you'd like such supports to my answer I am happy to supply them....

Every frame doesn't move at the same speed and doesn't have access to movement abilities.

Coptering provides an option that mitigates those differences in mobility.

If Coptering gets removed so does every speed altering or movement speed skill in the game.

It's not about Rush gameplay, it's about options.

I don't rush, but I don't get left either and that matters to me as I use slower frames.

When players say "remove coptering" then they need to be prepared to have a very large number of skills removed along with it.

The OP didn't ask for supporting statements to the question's answer... Just for an answer.

If you'd like such supports to my answer I am happy to supply them....

Every frame doesn't move at the same speed and doesn't have access to movement abilities.

Coptering provides an option that mitigates those differences in mobility.

If Coptering gets removed so does every speed altering or movement speed skill in the game.

It's not about Rush gameplay, it's about options.

I don't rush, but I don't get left either and that matters to me as I use slower frames.

When players say "remove coptering" then they need to be prepared to have a very large number of skills removed along with it.

how so? directional melee is a faster way to travel on non copter weapons, however there is still less incentive to use them when copters will launch you from tile to tile. without coptering, more options will be promoted and the game will be more immersive. whats more important? a better game or a faster mission?

List of other things in the game that make sense:

-bullets hurt

-things need air to survive

-???

haha +1

Edited by DarkArchon

Yes, I would be totally fine with that. Honestly - which Ninjas are swinging their weapons to move faster...?
Replace it with an optimised jump system or something (maybe with channel-jump or something). At least it should not requie a specific weapon type.

Edited by Monster-T

Yes, I would be totally fine with that. Honestly - which Ninjas are swinging their weapons to move faster...?

Replace it with an optimised jump system or something (maybe with channel-jump or something). At least it should not requie a specific weapon type.

p1o4GMz.jpg

Ceramic dagger, Tipedo, others.

Regardless, my opinion is that now that we have aerial melee, this bugged movement can be removed. It would just be better that way. Especially those exceptional copter weapons that may as well make me fly or give me pseudo-teleport.

This thread is just proof of how bad at the game many players will be without their coptering glitch.

Yes, it should be removed completely. It was a glitch to begin with, and should have been dealt with immediately, but instead, was kept on something like 4 weapons, just because DE got bullied by the community to keep this monstrosity of a glitch and horrid animations.

List of other things in the game that make sense:

-bullets hurt

-things need air to survive

-???

- Walking make sounds.

- Running uses stamina.

- Jumping goes up

- Rolling goes down

- Crouching goes low

- Backflips flip backward

- Frontflips flip forward

- Melee attacks with swinging and stabbing motion

- Guns are fired by pulling the trigger, however some may function differently.

- Bows fire arrows by pulling back string and releasing.

- Injury causes bleeding and death

- Aiming gives greater accuracy

- You need resource to craft items.

- Things take time to complete.

- & ETC

There are so many things that make sense that you're overlooking.