The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Armor Color [Megathread]

mishmashmarsh

Before i checked my Excalibur prime with the targis prime i bought and... it looks awful, where are all the details gone ? I found out were colored like the warframe itself, which having the basic colors... is white and gray.

I miss how Targis looked like before ._.

Maybe if we could have a "default color" for attachments too the problem would be solved

nah ill take a legendary core for the change. seems like fair compensation right? but on a more serious note, this isn't one of those things where both sides will be happy. you have people that love being able to change because they paid for it and they feel like they shouldn't be tied to gold if they don't want gold. then, you have the side that is in a rage that they paid for "prime" armor and prime=gold, and it's not so much prime gold anymore. I understand both sides of it. It also seems like a very easy fix. add a free metallic color pallet that includes a prime gold. or just change one of the colors in the starter pallet to prime gold, either way it's a win and both sides can ride of happy and with their dignity intact.

yes this person has best idea, it would be cool to do this, im always looking for more color pallets, plus the palette could use all of the various shades of gold that were used throughout the various prime items, while allowing those of us who want, me included to be able to color it, im on the xbox where we still cant color it, so its been sitting there until the update when i finally can

Just came on today on PS4 for the first time since the update to see the armour I paid $50 for has now lost its "wow" factor which made it worth buying in the first place.

What gives DE?  I know it's your game and you can change stuff but why would you go removing the gold trimming from prime objects that are only obtainable by spending a minimum of $50?  

What purpose could this change possibly serve other than to spit on people who bought it?

What purpose could this change possibly serve other than to spit on people who bought it?

Uh allowing more customization by allowing us to color the gold, which is something a lot of the people have been requesting since a long time ago.

I get that your wallet is uspet you paid for a few lines of gold, but some people here are seriously exaggerating the situation.

Uh allowing more customization by allowing us to color the gold, which is something a lot of the people have been requesting since a long time ago.

I get that your wallet is uspet you paid for a few lines of gold, but some people here are seriously exaggerating the situation.

Its not the fact that its not gold for me, its the fact that it doesn't shine the way it used to. I don't mind the new option, I really don't, but I got it because it gleamed and personally anyone who doesn't like gleam why in gods name did you buy a Prime armor set, that just stupid.

Before i checked my Excalibur prime with the targis prime i bought and... it looks awful, where are all the details gone ? I found out were colored like the warframe itself, which having the basic colors... is white and gray.

I miss how Targis looked like before ._.

Maybe if we could have a "default color" for attachments too the problem would be solved

From what I have seen in the opinions about this topic so far, this is the best solution to the problem.

wow. de made the gold color-able after literally hundreds of topics popped up about people wanting to be able to color the gold on prime items. now we have people who don't want it. make up your minds people.

anywho i like the ability to change the gold color. yes i agree they could have given primes an addition palette spot specifically for it, but what we have now is a pretty good option itself. you can always edit the color slot for the attachments separately from the frame itself, i mean we do have the option to do that. 

wow. de made the gold color-able after literally hundreds of topics popped up about people wanting to be able to color the gold on prime items. now we have people who don't want it. make up your minds people.

anywho i like the ability to change the gold color. yes i agree they could have given primes an addition palette spot specifically for it, but what we have now is a pretty good option itself. you can always edit the color slot for the attachments separately from the frame itself, i mean we do have the option to do that. 

If you have colored your targis prime armor before this change there is no option to go back to your original gold color.

Not everyone will love this changed and people who make a thread about "prime color-able" that just a few or w/e but ofc that not include me.

so then why didn't thy mess with every other prime thing in the game then huh?

Yeah I am mad.  I bought it FOR The gold.  The Gold is part of what makes it prime - in fact in terms of cosmetic items the Gold is the only thing that makes it prime being its not possible to have polarity or stat boosts....also I AM THE COLD AND GOLD EMPEROR.  

I see solutions above about making it possible to use default - would be real nice of DE to do that.

It's not an exaggeration though, all my other prime stuff shines gold and now my armour is all bland and crap and if I wanted that I wouldn't have spent $50 on "prime" accessories when they're just standard accessories.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

so then why didn't thy mess with every other prime thing in the game then huh?

Just to let you know, they are doing that. They recently did older primes like Boltor Prime to allow its gold colour to be changed. DE are doing colour-able primes in a similar way to how they are adding PBR, small instalments every so often.

Wow, targis prime looks freaking terrible now on my frames. Had it on all of them and can clearly see the difference Especially on Nyx primes gold. Pretty sure I payed for that shiny gold look, not a watered down version. Changing it to default and then back just ins't the same. Tch. I assume now the main reason to buy prime access is the discounted platinum and not the exclusive look. I agree with the option to toggle the old prime gold on and off. I mean damn.

Edited by (XB1)Onyx Guarrd

Never liked Nova Primes 'Prime gold' or the weapons she came with. But I never used her so I didn't mind because it didn't affect me. That is until this recent update........... ಠ_ಠ

DE if you are going to change the Prime items in Warframe, please let us know when and how you will be changing them. Also, could you please not change the pre-Nova Prime Warframes and gear. Targis Prime Armour and some of the other prime weapons now look horrible. The point of Primes in the first place was to be able to distinguish yourself from the normal Frames. All of us who paid $50 for the Nyx Prime package have the right to be a little bit annoyed when an exclusive item is changed.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015