Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Can Finally Play A Different Tileset!

immolator1001

Mission Reward Changes

The following Missions / Rotations have been updated to include a pack of 5 Rare Fusion Cores as a reward:

• Hard Survival Missions (Enemy Level 20+), reward available on Rotation A .
  • Hard Interception Missions (Enemy Level 20+), reward available on Rotation B.

Thanks DE. Now here's hoping there as common as they were in the void pre 15.13. Edited by immolator1001

Let's look at why this "re-inclusion of R5 cores" might actually be waaaaay worse than running t4 survival:

Drop rate of high level survival missions on star chart:

+2000 Credits Cache,1,COMMON, 14.2% (estimated)

+2500 Credits Cache,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Fusion Core,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Steady Hands,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)  

+Stabilizer,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Power Throw,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)

Let's add R5 core packs into that, assuming they are also categorized as "common"

100/7 rewards = 14.2% (the old rates of rotation A in high level survival)

100/8 rewards(Add the r5 core pack) = 12.5% chance. in rotation A

Why is this terrible?

The old T4 survival rates were 77% (they were the only "common" drop in rotation A). By including O cellsx3 in the "common" type, rare 5 packs were cut in half: 38.5%.

Now tell me....which is better? 38.5%? Or.....12.5%?

Let's add R5 core packs into that, assuming they are also categorized as "common

Are we sure about that?

I mean, I'm all for fusion cores coming back and I'm a bit worried this isn't it, but there's no need to jump the gun complaining. Until we get some actual gameplay in it's hard to tell.

Drop rate of high level survival missions on star chart:

+2000 Credits Cache,1,COMMON, 14.2% (estimated)

+2500 Credits Cache,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Steady Hands,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)  

+Stabilizer,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)    

+Power Throw,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)

Let's add R5 core packs into that, assuming they are also categorized as "common"

100/7 rewards = 14.2% (the old rates of rotation A in high level survival)

100/8 rewards(Add the r5 core pack) = 12.5% chance. in rotation A

This hoping the chances are equal and not weighted accross the options, which seems unlikely for me.

5 r5 cores having the same chance of 2000 credits?

uhmmm...

Are we sure about that?

I mean, I'm all for fusion cores coming back and I'm a bit worried this isn't it, but there's no need to jump the gun complaining. Until we get some actual gameplay in it's hard to tell.

It's not just blatant speculation, I'm using the actual drop-table calculations. Notice DE didn't say "removed all other rotation A rewards in high end survival and interception"

This hoping the chances are equal and not weighted accross the options, which seems unlikely for me.

5 r5 cores having the same chance of 2000 credits?

uhmmm...

Your point? If they ARE weighted then they are even lower, still an issue regardless, even in the best-case-scenario

Edited by cyrus106

Your point? If they ARE weighted then they are even lower, still an issue regardless, even in the best-case-scenario

And I was indeed strenghtening your argument; my sarcastic tone was referred to this supposed return of cores to their previous drop.

However I don't want to sound too pessimistic now, We still need to test this for good.

And I was indeed strenghtening your argument; my sarcastic tone was referred to this supposed return of cores to their previous drop.

However I don't want to sound too pessimistic now, We still need to test this for good.

Ah, sorry I misred. And yes, I will go out and take screenshots of my 10 or 30 minute runs. I hear Palus Pluto is good supposedly

Like credits...

How about we refuse to compromise? In-order to restore the old method, make rare 5 packs "common" and all the other drops "uncommon".

This means the drops arent removed, and the cores retain the 77% drop rate. Sounds like an easy solution to me

Thanks DE. Now here's hoping there as common as they were in the void pre 15.13.

They are not. The nerf in T4S is still there (from 77% to 25%).

The new survival location has the same nerfed drop rate (25%)

We now have more places to choose from but the old/good drop rates are gone!

How about we refuse to compromise? In-order to restore the old method, make rare 5 packs "common" and all the other drops "uncommon".

This means the drops arent removed, and the cores retain the 77% drop rate. Sounds like an easy solution to me

They are not. The nerf in T4S is still there (from 77% to 25%).

The new survival location has the same nerfed drop rate (25%)

We now have more places to choose from but the old/good drop rates are gone!

Ya they should actually move some of the mods to rewards for other missions like they are in archwing mission (ie after exterms, caps, etc).