Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Cores : The Most Recent Fix May Not Be A Such A Good Idea.

LascarCapable

Found on Reddit, from cyrus106 : http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2vd1fn/reinclusion_of_rare_5_cores_in_15137/

Now this is all based on calculations, since I havent run enough high level survival missions on the star char to confirm this yet, however consider this:

Let's look at why this "re-inclusion of R5 cores" might actually be waaaaay worse than running t4 survival:

Drop rate of high level survival missions on star chart:

+2000 Credits Cache,1,COMMON, 14.2% (estimated) +2500 Credits Cache,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)
+Fusion Core,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)
+Fusion Core,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated) +Steady Hands,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)
+Stabilizer,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)
+Power Throw,1,COMMON,14.2% (estimated)

Let's add R5 core packs into that, assuming they are also categorized as "common"

100/7 rewards = 14.2% (the old rates of rotation A in high level survival)

100/8 rewards(Add the r5 core pack) = 12.5% chance. in rotation A

Why is this terrible?

The old T4 survival rates were 77% (they were the only "common" drop in rotation A). By including O cellsx3 in the "common" type, rare 5 packs were cut in half: 38.5%.

Now tell me....which is better? 38.5%? Or.....12.5%?

While adding R5 cores bundle to the star map may sound like a good idea, this keeps diluting the drop chances on those missions. A the end, farming R5 cores on the star map may not be as rewarding as directly farming them in T4. While this is understandable, we have to remember that T4 keys now includes x3 orokin cells in the reward tables, reducing the chance to earn the R5 cores bundles.

In short, that solution just brough new problems, and did not fix th original one. T4 rewards have been diluted, and now are so the "high level endless mission" on the star map. Indeed, what most of the community wants about that point is not more ways to get R5 cores, but earning them more quickly. We didn't need to be able to find the core bundle on the starmap : we need a way to farm them more efficiently. Some of you may say "we shouldn't be able to level up our mods too quickly", and well, you're right. Yet don't forget that the number of level 10 mods will keep rising since the implementation of the void trader and the new primed mods. Due to this, raising how fast we earn mod bundles seems quite necessary, even if it's not at the same level than it was a few updates ago.

What I would suggest is to clean up the rotation pools including those R5 bundles. No one wants to get those credit cache, for exemple. A random bundle of cores would be much better. This could be a way to include less big core bundles... Or even bigger core bundles at better rotation if it's not already the case. Also, while we're at it, cleaning all the rotation could be a great thing once the 20 minutes are done. Nobody likes to earn some orokin cells after 40 minutes in T4 survival, right ?

Discuss about it, but stay classy, folk ! I remember to everyone that dev bashing is prohibited.

EDIT : Also, kinda important post from Rebecca

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/399468-r5-cores-are-still-nerfed-after-hotfix-1514/page-6#entry4420186

EDIT2 : New changes with 15.14 update, and special mega core bundle alerts !

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400568-update-15140/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/401024-post-15140-rare-fusion-core-alerts/?p=4426069#entry4426069

Cores bundles are now available on Dark Sectors.

I think DE is planning something. Apparently, DE is giving us more and more R10 mods. I love it, but of course not able to really power up any of them yet. Rather, I'm holding back my comment and feedback on this one -- just waiting to see what DE has in store.

I've farmed cupid, uranus up to 25 mins today about 5 times, meaning I've had 15 chances to obtain them, but I've obtained not a single core pack, farming for them is a rather futile exercise.

Perhaps we could have an item we can build that increases the drop chance of cores specifically and can be equipped in "gear / consumables", or certain planets can have an exclusive 60-70% core pack drop rate to help with core-farming efficiency, because as of now there does not seem to be any significantly reliable place to get them

Edited by Somedude1000

There's nothing really to farm in star chart survivals anyway.

Adding R5 cores was a good idea, but, again, it's been poorly implemented.

Instead of decreasing overall drop rates for everything in the mission, why not remove junk that no one even wants, like common mods and credits?

And for the sake of scotch, orokin cells should have never appeared in T4 or any void mission. The reason people come to void is to get prime parts and cores. There's no need to make t4 drops worse, when we have Ruk to get cells from.

-snip-

I think the problem is...

DE has so much content they want to add into the game. 

DE has forgot that with content, they need to add more content to get to said content without diluting the rest of the game and increasing the immense grindwall.

We're gonna need stuff like new planets with NOTHING but new content for their drop tables. 

We're going to need, not new Tower difficulties, but new Tower MODES that have NOTHING but new content for their drop tables. I would honestly not mind if we had, in the middle of an extermination mission, the entire level cracked open and we got sucked out into space for the Archwing, like the first one which was freaking awesome.

It put me in the mood for Archwing and I was absolutely hyped because I thought it was going to be random like that in every game. Just running through, lalalala- RIP! Thrown out into space. Anyway, back on point. 

We're going to need more gamemodes in which we can put more content so that it's not just stacking ontop of the old stuff. 

I believe that adding R5 core packs to Solar System isn't meant to replace T4 Survival, I believe it's to aid new players and also add more of a reward when farming resources or Void Keys in the Solar System.

this is indeed what i think its meant to be, and reasonable to boot: needing high-ranked mods to access the best source for cores (T4) was a conundrum in the first place that left new(-ish) players out

I think DE is planning something. Apparently, DE is giving us more and more R10 mods. I love it, but of course not able to really power up any of them yet. Rather, I'm holding back my comment and feedback on this one -- just waiting to see what DE has in store.

inb4 0.1% chance for legendary cores for raids

I don't understand one thing....before the R5 nerf, the 3x OC was a reward in T3 void missions, I usually get them in T3 SUR or DEF almost all the time, why did they added them in T4? and they did say that the rewards will scale in the tower difficulty, so why does both T3 & T4 have the same 3x OC reward?  

Yet don't forget that the number of level 10 mods will keep rising since the implementation of the void trader and the new primed mods. Due to this, raising how fast we earn mod bundles seems quite necessary, even if it's not at the same level than it was a few updates ago.

I've to say. Primed Mods are a farm sink, made so that you can have something to do after you have all the standard gear.

You have yet standard mods, so eventually you aren't loosing any content nor you get cut out by any restriction (example: standard mods are enough to run T4, nobody's gonna kick you because you don't have primed mods).

Now why people take for garanted that they have to max all Primed mods? Because they're used to the "old" mods. They're used on having everything. But that "everything" is the standard which you can afford to get.

Dont forget you can also fuse other mods and lower fusion cores too, they drops more constantly from whatever defense.

I can't understand why people makes calculations and maths excluding a so influent part.

So essentially people just have to adapt and spend fusion cores with some precedence and to not exclude they won't be able to max every Primed Mod.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I've farmed cupid, uranus up to 25 mins today about 5 times, meaning I've had 15 chances to obtain them, but I've obtained not a single core pack

That node uses the SurvivalMidLevelRewards table, so you wasted your time.

Pluto/Ceres/Eris are the ones you should try and Despina, neptune

Edited by TsundereHvyCruiser

I welcome R5s in the star chart simply because I can play something other than voids now. 12% is acceptable for free 10 minute runs I guess.

On the other hand, getting Cells in T4 doesn't sound that great. Maybe if they were "confetti-packs" with 1 Neurode, 1 Neural Sensor and 1 Cell in them it could be better :P

If they just added the bloody cores in packs as syndicate rewards, we could farm cores playing any mission, instead of being tied to specific missions...

^ That would be ideal though. "Buying" cores with rep.

That node uses the SurvivalMidLevelRewards table, so you wasted your time.

Pluto/Ceres/Eris are the ones you should try and Despina, neptune

The patch notes specifically said (survival nodes enemy level lvl 20+), that node, cupid on uranus is 23-25 I believe, shouldnt 20+ include nodes with enemies just after 20, ie 23? 

Edited by Somedude1000

There's nothing really to farm in star chart survivals anyway.

Adding R5 cores was a good idea, but, again, it's been poorly implemented.

Instead of decreasing overall drop rates for everything in the mission, why not remove junk that no one even wants, like common mods and credits?

And for the sake of scotch, orokin cells should have never appeared in T4 or any void mission. The reason people come to void is to get prime parts and cores. There's no need to make t4 drops worse, when we have Ruk to get cells from.

Same to me, today with this hotfix warframe burned my last drop of patience, until DE not reintroduce R5 into T4S and delete orokin cells, i'll play something else. 

Does someone know what the drop rate for R5 Cores from Spy missions are?

I recently ran 6 spy mission on Neptun to level up my weapons and got four R5 Cores in a row. Not that i farm them, i'm just interested if they are more common rewards than the rare mods.

Edited by Othergrunty

The patch notes specifically said (survival nodes enemy level lvl 20+), that node, cupid on uranus is 23-25 I believe, shouldnt 20+ include nodes with enemies just after 20, ie 23? 

It should, but as of 15.13.3 cupid is in the same drop table as saturn survs. If you're getting stuff from the drop table OP posted, like steadyhands powerthrow and stabilizer as cupid rewards then that has changed and I'm wrong. If you're getting provoked, finishingtouch and spare parts then it hasn't.

Edited by TsundereHvyCruiser

This is my proposed drop table change for Tier III star chart

OLD                                       Rot A      Rot B     Rot C

2000 Credit Cache                 14.29%    -            -
2500 Credit Cache                 14.29%    -            -
4000 Credit Cache                  -              -            5.26%
5000 Credit Cache                  -              -            5.26%
Uncommon Fusion Core        14.29%    -            -
5x Rare Fusion Core              14.29%    -            -
Steady Hands                         14.29%    -            5.26%
Stabilizer                                 14.29%    -            5.26%
Power Throw                          14.29%     -            -

NEW

Credits 2000                                      - - -
Credits 2500                                      - - -
Credits 4000                                      - - -
Credits 5000                                      - - -
Uncommon Fusion Core                    - - -
5x Rare Fusion Core               25%    - -
Steady Hands                          25%   -           5.26%
Stabilizer                                  25%   -           5.26%
Power Throw                           25%    - -

This is my proposed drop table change for Tier III star chart

NEW

Credits 2000                                      - - -
Credits 2500                                      - - -
Credits 4000                                      - - -
Credits 5000                                      - - -
Uncommon Fusion Core                    - - -
5x Rare Fusion Core               25%    - -
Steady Hands                          25%   -           5.26%
Stabilizer                                  25%   -           5.26%
Power Throw                           25%    - -

This is close to what I was thinking. I don't give half a S#&$ about anything else that's dropping, I want at least a 25% chance for that 5-pack. Of course, I'd really rather see rare cores as a reward for a high level non-endless mission type that isn't Rescue 2.0 or Spy 2.0. For some reason 10 minutes in Sabotage just can't be as lucrative as 10 minutes in Survival.

It should, but as of 15.13.3 cupid is in the same drop table as saturn survs. If you're getting stuff from the drop table OP posted, like steadyhands powerthrow and stabilizer as cupid rewards then that has changed and I'm wrong. If you're getting provoked, finishingtouch and spare parts then it hasn't.

Mostly 2.5k credit caches, for sure, I suppose the patch notes must have misconveyed the information :(