Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Cores : The Most Recent Fix May Not Be A Such A Good Idea.

LascarCapable

And for the sake of scotch, orokin cells should have never appeared in T4 or any void mission. The reason people come to void is to get prime parts and cores. There's no need to make t4 drops worse, when we have Ruk to get cells from.

I hear you but its the Orokin Void... realistically it should be the easiest place to get Orokin Cells as such lore wise.

I'm actually cool with this. 25% twice (I don't know much about probability, but isn't that 40ish%?) in 10 minutes without spending a key and with the freedom of choosing the tileset I want. And it even works on Dark Sectors.

I honestly can't complain!

I'm actually cool with this. 25% twice (I don't know much about probability, but isn't that 40ish%?) in 10 minutes without spending a key and with the freedom of choosing the tileset I want. And it even works on Dark Sectors.

I honestly can't complain!

43.75% chance to get at least 5 cores. 

6.25% chance (already included in the chance above) to even get 10 cores.

Too low IMO. If they would raise the chance from 25% to 45% in A rotation, you would end up with a ~70% chance to end up with at least 5 cores after 10 minutes.

43.75% chance to get at least 5 cores. 

6.25% chance (already included in the chance above) to even get 10 cores.

Too low IMO. If they would raise the chance from 25% to 45% in A rotation, you would end up with a ~70% chance to end up with at least 5 cores after 10 minutes.

Like I said, I can't complain! Mostly because I am bored out of my fricking mind with the void, so I don't even want to do T4s for cores :P I don't mind getting them a bit more slowly if it means being able to change the scenery.

Like I said, I can't complain! Mostly because I am bored out of my fricking mind with the void, so I don't even want to do T4s for cores :P I don't mind getting them a bit more slowly if it means being able to change the scenery.

You say that, then you'll be angry for not seeing cores at all with the same scenery.

Having RNG dictate core drops in missions were its is time orientated (going to take X amount of time no matter how well you do) is a bad decision. Time sinks with only a chance of a payoff for simple linear progression of upgrading mods is a bad thing, IMHO, especially considering the insane amount of cores you need to rank up a good number of mods (It needs to be stressed that Primed mods take over 500 Rare 5 fusion cores to max, and Rare mods with a ton of ranks aren't much better).

Rare 5 Cores need to be syndicate offerings for reasonable rates. Make them top tier or next to top tier even.

Could even make really difficult missions with non-RNG rewards. Kinda like quests but re-playable and more accessible (can be PUG on star chart with its own node).

Edited by Ace_Kayo

Having RNG dictate core drops in missions were its is time orientated (going to take X amount of time no matter how well you do) is a bad decision. Time sinks with only a chance of a payoff for simple linear progression of upgrading mods is a bad thing, IMHO, especially considering the insane amount of cores you need to rank up a good number of mods (It needs to be stressed that Primed mods take over 500 Rare 5 fusion cores to max, and Rare mods with a ton of ranks aren't much better).

Rare 5 Cores need to be syndicate offerings for reasonable rates. Make them top tier or next to top tier even.

Could even make really difficult missions with non-RNG rewards. Kinda like quests but re-playable and more accessible (can be PUG on star chart with its own node).

I guess that could be an idea... Especially to keep some kind of usefulness to Syndicates once you earned all the syndicate mods/weapons you wanted, or if you're not interested anyway.

Yes, diluting the drop tables with orokin cells is kind of annoying if you're looking for cores, but very helpful if you're looking for orokin cells.

Imo, just put them both in difference places. Like, stick orokin cells in some other surv, or maybe as rewards in some orokin derelict mode.

This is pretty sad. They moved the most popular thread tackling this issue from GD to Feedback and finally locked by Rebecca. I'm very convinced that those were all coincidences *facedesk*

*moves in to this thread*

i dunno if this one will get noticed by DE considering they've started purging the relevant threads already, but i might as well drop my 2 cents here than start up a new thread.

In reply to our beloved Lotus' post here...

If I were looking at a bigger picture, I'd stop right at the first bullet point I listed:

-Having nothing have to left to do in the game except max Primed Mods.

I'd try and work out new goodness as fast as possible to change that.

this is exactly why DE can't reduce the grind at all, as i've stated in my last post on that thread. The most immediate solution to 'reducing the grind' is actually reducing it directly by either a better drop rate or some other idea, (like lowering the fusion energy costs of maxing mods) not adding more content with similar rewards or spreading the rewards to different aspects of the game while nerfing the chance of getting said rewards in the previous go-to grinding spot.

I like the idea of putting R5C packs outside of the void. This is basically 'working out new goodness' to change the whole 'go T4S to get cores' grind into 'go high level survival to get cores.' That's great, it reduces the amount of repetitiveness by giving players a change of scenery when they want to get cores, because now they don't have to farm a T4 key and get into the void for them.

However, you made this change in combination with reducing the rate at which the cores drop in T4S, while the drop rates in the new missions that give core packs are set even lower. This directly increased the amount of time required to grind for the goal of maxing out mods. It would've been great if the T4S core drop rate was implemented on high-level survivals in the solar chart, since this way people can choose to farm constantly outside of the void to save on keys, or farm inside the void to gain ducats and other prime goodies as well. R5 cores will then also be much more accessible to new players who weren't around during the time when syndicates gave away T4 keys, since now they can farm R5 cores outside of the void so that they can gear up efficiently and get into the endgame stuff comfortably.

Everyone agrees with giving more content for players to do, but since maxing out mods will always be central to the game's progression style, people will always inevitably drop back to farming cores regardless of new content. (in fact, they'll probably have to max out mods first before trying out raids if they're really as difficult as the devs say) I'm pretty confident that the reason people get burned out from the game is not because there's little content (there's tons of it) but because the goals they have take a lot of time to achieve and are only achievable by doing a tiny bit of that content.

So, DE, if you really want to vary the stuff that people play and reduce the grind at the same time, then it's rather simple: reduce the amount of time it takes to achieve the goals people grind for, while giving players multiple options on how to grind for them. An example of this would be to make all mission types guarantee some sort of relevant reward. Look at interception, defense, excavation and survival. Players are guaranteed to get void keys while doing these missions, so players do them a lot. Rescue gives specters that some people like. MD nets a huge amount of affinity, much more than spy 2.0, which is the only thing going for that mission type in terms of objective rewards. (not counting subjective things like the fun of going stealth) Assassination gives us warframe parts and a consistent source of credits for new players. Other mission types have really bad rewards (or none at all) compared to these, and is the very reason few people play them more than once.

Phew, i guess that's it. Forgive the habit of writing up essays when posting >_> I guess i'll just sit back and wait for the so-called 'phase 2' of this whole R5 core debacle.

EDIT: after reading through the R5C pack alert thread i now know that at least Reb understands the player's gripes about all this. Now if only the one who's in charge with game rewards understood this too.... >:(

Edited by Xarugas