Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Play Minecraft Or Even Like It?

Monsterwithin

Warframe is a great game but sometimes we like to switch between games off an on.

But I personally was a Minecraft person for a very long time. So much that I had to take a break for 3-6 months to get back into it.

So my first question to you is in the title "Do you play Minecraft or even like it?"

And second is a small poll I done for fun titled "What's the hardest thing to do in Minecraft?"

http://goo.gl/CejRO5

hardest thing in minecraft? thaumcraft 4's incredibly convoluted research. or dealing with version skew with plugins.

minecraft isn't difficult. and as a on-again-off-again player, it's also a HUGE time suck. (even more than warframe) :P

Playing modpacks like what Feed the Beast offers can be crazy. Huge fun but very hard on the mind.

Used to play a lot with friends and alone.

Had gigantic castles, pixel arts, pirate ship with working canon system, custom ringtone for doorbell.

Eventually the updates became rather slow and i ran out of things to do, never tried tekkit though i imagine there is tons of new things.

I liked it, but got over it pretty fast once I picked it up.

The problem I found is that you never really get to enjoy the stuff you build properly.

For instance I spent ages building a massive castle base in my SP survival, and sure it was cool when it was done, but I couldn't do anything with it.

I had all these cool redstone contraptions and such, but no reason to use them.

Playing on a server can help, but then you run into other problems, like 12 year old greifers or other server inhabitants that get anal about build styles.

I've replaced minecraft with Space Engineers now. It has the same principle of an open ended infinite sandbox gameplay, but with the added benefit of letting you bring your creations to life

With a recent update they even brought in coding to the game. So now I am working on an AI battlecruiser with swarms of fighters for me to pit my ships against.

And then because it is Steam based it works on a pre-existing multiplayer framework, which works.