Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vey Hek Needs A Nerf!

Zackzapper3000

Amazing, each boss has a wiki entry with a guide how to deal with him/her, instead of spending 5 minutes reading up on how the mechanics work people like to fail numerous times and then waste even more time to run to the forums to cry for a nerf. 

Try to use your brain, try to read, those wiki entries are not hidden and there is no super secret guide. Even if you had NOT read up by chance you should have figured it out when he takes damage and when not since the numbers are visibly displayed it does not take much to make the connection: "mask up, immune, mask down and talking vulnerable", and in walker mode he is permanently vulnerable anyways.

Well apparently even paying attention to the screen is hard these days. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Amazing, each boss has a wiki entry with a guide how to deal with him/her, instead of spending 5 minutes reading up on how the mechanics work people like to fail numerous times and then waste even more time to run to the forums to cry for a nerf. 

Try to use your brain, try to read, those wiki entries are not hidden and there is no super secret guide. Even if you had NOT read up by chance you should have figured it out when he takes damage and when not since the numbers are visibly displayed it does not take much to make the connection: "mask up, immune, mask down and talking vulnerable", and in walker mode he is permanently vulnerable anyways.

Well apparently even paying attention to the screen is hard these days.

I like to fail bosses, it means they are a challenge that I need to puzzle out. I won't wiki a strat I want to solve the puzzle and earn that victory. It is a much more satisfying option to me. The saddest part of warframe is how few bosses are actually challenging in any way.

Those 2 rank 18s must have rep farmed for their ranks if they didnt know how to kill vay hek.

Not necessarily true.

Remember, it was only recently that the grind wall was removed. Considering the amount of effort in order to acquire the key, its quite off putting a isnt it?

Tbh, vay hek is just a more mobile and extended battle of ruk.

I'm laughing at the thought of a lvl 18 who doesn't know how to solo Vay Hek. I think we need more bosses like him. Bosses that require you know how the basic mechanics for the game work.

There are two ways you can fight Vay Hek. With a weapon that does tons of dmg because you chose a weapon that is good vs ferrite armor. Or you can choose something that isn't and do almost no damage.

Vay Hek isn't too hard as long as you take cover and dodge the rockets from the drones, which instagib me. Always kill the drones and any enemies that reinforce. Unless you're like me and was trying to scan the drone while dodge the attacks =P. Just bring a well equipped warframe and weapon and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. It isn't by any means the easiest of fights, but I was still able to solo the few times I tried.

Vay hek is a pretty simple boss once you get his mechanics down.

When hes in his floating head form:

-shoot his face when its visible

-Kill all grineer units to prevent himself from healing

-avoid him when he starts to move towards you (this is when he goes in to steal your energy)

When hes in his full robo suit form:

-He's constantly open to attack just aim for his head 

-Use a cover spot to avoid his missile attacks

-Destroy his spawned floating robots right away (they do massive aoe attacks you dont want to be hit by)

If you have limbo i recommend using him till your comfortable with his mechanics. Limbo will allow you to rotate in and out of banishment to avoid his big attacks, energy steal attack, and allow you to pick off the grineer he summons without having to worry about dodging vay hek at the same time.

I also recommend using a weapon with good accuracy and fast projectile speed since the hitbox (his face) is pretty small and he moves around a bunch. 

I dont know why people are still bothering to reply to OP when he is not even following his own thread..... quote something from him or something.

Also, nerfeing Hek? I want to ask to nerf Void Vor! I'm so freaking tired of hearing him preach even after we kill him deader.

Man people this day, ooo so this boss has an animation of covering his face at the start. O so he open and closes it. OO so when we shoot we do 0 dmg but sometimes we do dmg. OMG boss to hard it took us 1 hour to kill it.

God if you played mario or other games in 90's you wouldn't go past first level.

I dont know why people are still bothering to reply to OP when he is not even following his own thread..... quote something from him or something.

Should it matter if he's following it any more?

There may be other players who feel the same way about vay hek and read these forums.

These people can use the comments in this thread to better understand vay hek and learn hes not op or gain knowledge from some posts on how to dispose of him easier.

The only problem I have with Vey Hek is hes SO ANNOYING TO FARM NEUROIDS FOR! X.x

WHy is he the only boss that can drop them. >.>

Dont Lephantis drop them as well?

Should it matter if he's following it any more?

There may be other players who feel the same way about vay hek and read these forums.

These people can use the comments in this thread to better understand vay hek and learn hes not op or gain knowledge from some posts on how to dispose of him easier.

Then I will add my 2 cents:

Hitting Hek's face can be a pain in the neck.

Buf if if you keep your distance and use an accurate weapon, wait for him to show his face with sirens and hit it in that instance.

He uses his Soldiers to heal himself, so kill them first so you can spare that annoyance for yourself.

He can drain your energy, that's why you have to keep your distance, so you can see the wave comming and have a chance to get out of the way in an emergency.

Raise and repeat 3 more times, though it doesnt make it any less annoying each time.

At the final stage, look up and you will see explosive barrels destroy it so you can have a bridge to travel.

Beware his Turkey form, he hits like a truck when he transforms.

Remember he uses Ferrite Armor, so use Corrosive in his Turkey armor.

Kill the flies flapping around, they can call Air Strikes to the ground.

Shot his a$$--- wait he doesnt have one.... so just hit him with a bullets and sass.

Edited by Kao-Snake