Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Have Come To Accept The Nullifiers.

Niryco

Also I will be posting several reasons as to why i want the nullifiers to stay the way they are in-game as well.

Let me illustrate a simple equations to when Nullifiers are OP.

1 Nullifier VS 1 Tenno = Nullifier OP on average.

1 Nullifier VS 2 to 4 Tenno = Tenno OP

Many Nullifier VS 4 Tenno = Equal power most of the time.

Enemies together with Nullifier in Globe VS 4 Tenno = Enemies are super OP.

What am i trying to say here is that teamwork and coordination is key to being OP. Nullifiers, for the first time in warframe history forces player to coordinate and at the same time allows enemies the to coordinate as well and this brings out the true value of teamwork in warframe.

This is the most important because it reduces intentional griefs and increases good intent amongst players. It might not make sense to many of you as to how it brings reduces griefs or increase good intent and so let me explain more. 

Many players complain that nullifiers have their invulnerable shields against their number 4. Many more players complain that eximus nullifiers have a snow globe on top of their shield, and the most whine about Nullifiers holding the most OP one-hitting, near aimbot accuracy Lanka.

But this makes the Nullifiers best against a certain type of hero, a hero that used to plague most games called "Hallway Heros". Who remembers Hallway heros, because i honestly see very little post about hall way heros on both the forums and reddit.

Did you know why Hallway Heros were bad? They stole all your opportunity to kill, made the game extremely boring and best yet stopped you from getting any EXP because there is a distance where EXP can be shared and those heros were too far ahead to care.

Also notice how more and more post comes about with people complaining about games with specific frames? People use specific weapons to combat enemies together? That recruiting pro players now has guidelines? Well that is where good intent comes in as people with the same interest in farming come together solely for that purpose and not to ruin each others day.

Indeed it is bad because it makes game play very stringent and one formula, but that is how teamwork works in reality. Teamwork in movies or fantasies are different, they are a random group of totally unsynchronized batch of people that can somehow work together and achieve the impossible.

That is the teamwork some people dream of having in warframe, but in truth such teamwork rarely exist, most of the time it is a group of individuals who work on a tried and tested formula to achieve a higher level of efficiency working together. That is how teamwork functions unless you are a group of hardcore individuals determined to make yourselves known.

So with Nullifiers, and maybe even bombards, we now have a reason to play as a team and to work together to overcome all odds.

Although playing solo has become more challenging, it is not impossible and what nullifiers does is differentiate the one trick ponies from the fully grown horses among the group.

So without nullifiers and their killer lankas, we won't have such a thing going on now. Without them we also probably be having a much harder time farming syndicate exp in void missions and even more time Rep farming (imagine how boring!)

Nullifiers brings about the importance of teamwork and coordination, it increases players desires to know more of how enemy mechanics work even, it even increases the true skill measure of solo players and all because they can one hit you, and that your 4 spam doesn't work. To me that is a totally worth it enemy that i want to stay in warframe forever!

So what are your reasons to accepting and not accepting nullifiers, please post them below!

Edited by Niryco

I'd note, hallway heroes disappeared as a complained issue before nullifiers showed up. They most certainly just exist, they just mostly stick to farming interception these days(and in a way that allows them to be BOTH hallway heroes AND central to the map).

I'd note, hallway heroes disappeared as a complained issue before nullifiers showed up. They most certainly just exist, they just mostly stick to farming interception these days(and in a way that allows them to be BOTH hallway heroes AND central to the map).

Well to me nullifiers shut the remnants of hallway heros for good.

Also a thing to note, those remaining alive usually roam grineer maps. The rest try to bypass shields with torid.

Edited by Niryco

Is it something with the PS4 version, I don't find nullifiers OP?

I don't play PS4 version so I can't be sure, but they went through a lot of tweaking on PC first. They're in a good place now (outside of high endless missions), so you may just have gotten a shortcut to the balance PC had to suffer to get to.

Edited by DaftMeat

I have no issue with them except when they sneak up from behind me while I'm Loki Invis 45 minutes into T3/4 solo survival.

Oh yeah, and slow firing weapons (bows, launchers, whatever) need to be able to like 2-shot their bubbles.

Edited by Lanieu

I've honestly never had a problem with nullifiers besides when they first came out and had that permanent power lock. I don't stand in one spot and shoot, or in other words, stand in one spot to get shot up. The only issue with them still for me is that the bubble doesn't like non rapid fire guns, but then again we have melee for a reason.

Now make non-rapid fire weaponry worth something against their spheres and i will accept them as my lords and saviours,

until then i will despise them with unending burning utter hatred.

HAHAHAHHAHA, i can see this case in point.

Now make non-rapid fire weaponry worth something against their spheres and i will accept them as my lords and saviours,

This for sure.  It's quite bothersome to fire an Opticor shot that you know can crit for well over 400k, and have it shrink their shield by... 15%?  I end armies with that thing, yet they shrug off nearly 2 entire magazines.  Otherwise, I find them pretty balanced, honestly.

However, I love killing them with my Nekros and then using SotD.  You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter", and that's all you hear when I'm marching towards my enemies in an allied Nullifier bubble.

I like the Nullifiers. My only complaint is I wish they had been mechanical in nature. That the Corporus had used a heavily armored Moa, and the Grineer would use a larger variant of the Rollerball.

For some reason some dude with Buck Rogers backpack running at us just takes me out of them being visual threat.

Just imagining a cute moa with a shield backpack, we need this.

This for sure.  It's quite bothersome to fire an Opticor shot that you know can crit for well over 400k, and have it shrink their shield by... 15%?  I end armies with that thing, yet they shrug off nearly 2 entire magazines.  Otherwise, I find them pretty balanced, honestly.

However, I love killing them with my Nekros and then using SotD.  You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter", and that's all you hear when I'm marching towards my enemies in an allied Nullifier bubble.

Well the problem is that there is still damage cap on the bubble. I wonder how DE would overcome the problem though.

Well to me nullifiers shut the remnants of hallway heros for good.

Also a thing to note, those remaining alive usually roam grineer maps. The rest try to bypass shields with torid.

I've still had to suffer through hallway heroes, within the last day even, so they most certainly are still out there.

Just, as I said, they're mostly in interception now, where most people celebrate them. (They do most certainly exist outside of it, though).

To the OP, do you really find the nullies to be that hard? 1 nullies vs 1 tenno and the nullie is op? do you fall over when a bird flaps its wings too? I dont know who you run with or your build, but you may need to look at both. I run with a bow sometimes, you know what, i use melee on them. They dont much health or shields and even with support they dont last long.

To the OP, do you really find the nullies to be that hard? 1 nullies vs 1 tenno and the nullie is op? do you fall over when a bird flaps its wings too? I dont know who you run with or your build, but you may need to look at both. I run with a bow sometimes, you know what, i use melee on them. They dont much health or shields and even with support they dont last long.

You know what, being downed by one shot is op.

I agree, but explain to me why walking fortress would use sniper riffle? It doesnt make any sense. In my opinion it would be better from realistical standpoint if they carried shotgun to protect themself inside bubble and to add separate corpus sniper units.

Edited by IlluminatedOne

I agree, but explain to me why walking fortress would use sniper riffle? It doesnt make any sense. In my opinion it would be better from realistical standpoint if they carried shotgun to protect themself inside bubble and to add separate corpus sniper units.

Because a shotty is used to get close to the enemy, and the point of a null bubble is to be able to stay a safe distance away and lay down fire.

Its not like tanks use guns that shoot pea bullets on their turrets.