Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ea Believes Their Games Are Too Hard To Learn.

TheErebus.

Imo, sports games are just smithery milking tactic used by companies that have no creativity whatsoever, like honestly, it's the same team every season, nothing is going to change (I've never picked up a sports game, but I've seen some through my experience).

I know, its honestly tragic how much people enthuse about games like Fifa. Call of Duty I understand better, but I simply don't get sport games, except Wii Sports Resort. Now that is a good sports game.

Sports games are pretty popular among people that enjoy the sports. I play madden and nba/nhl 2k's a lot with my friends because the competition gets pretty intense but we also watch and follow the sports in RL. The changes in the game every year may not be noticeable because its mainly mechanics that change to make the competition better in game. (such as nba 2k15 they made it easier to stop dunks while all the previous versions just gave a foul for trying to block a dunk). Also the players on the teams are constantly changing and when you follow the sports its something you will usually notice. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/eas-chief-creative-officer-says-their-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/

Yes. He actually said it. He even had the gonads to say "It takes the player at least 2 hours to learn the basics of a game". 

Because EA makes games with really complex mechanics.

That's hilarious. EA games are designed for coma patients already. How is it even possible to make them any easier? Will it just be a quicktime event where the words "Push X to win!" appear, and if you push X within 30 seconds you win and the credits roll?

It's honestly a pity, because there have been some very good EA games. Ok, they were from sub studios like Bioware, but now all they seem to care about is money.

Every company has their thing. Funcom's thing is bad launches for example. What's EA's thing? EA won multiple worst company of the year awards consecutively. I don't mean worst game company either. They were competing against cable companies and all the rest of the worst regarded industries and still beat them all by a landslide over and over. EA knows everyone hates them. Their thing is buying respected companies like DICE, Maxis, etc, firing everyone and wearing the company like a mask while they churn out typical EA trash for people too gullible to realize the company they were a fan of is no more.

Edited by (PS4)Vorpal_Spork

Who the hell are EA's test audiences?

Knowing them its a bunch of blind arthritic 80 year olds with altzheimers.

Tutorials already verge upon being insulting to a persons intelligence

I'll bet they just want to market a new $100 dlc where an EAxpert will come to your house and play the game for you in order to avoid you breaking it's shoddy construction.

Who the hell are EA's test audiences?

Knowing them its a bunch of blind arthritic 80 year olds with altzheimers.

Tutorials already verge upon being insulting to a persons intelligence

I'll bet they just want to market a new $100 dlc where an EAxpert will come to your house and play the game for you in order to avoid you breaking it's shoddy construction.

That sounds like something my father would like...

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Oh my... either the Chief Creative Officer of EA has no idea what gamers actually do and how their games are learned, or they are trying really hard to find an excuse to make their games even less complex.

The average player does not take 2 hours to learn the control scheme. Yes, the average new player may take two hours, should this be one of their first games, but that is inevitable.

If this is the creative direction of EA, I genuinely fear for the future of gaming, where on-screen button click prompts would be the way to go, through the whole thing. There is a correlation between games being difficult and players learning them, but there isn't a causation. This is like saying they should no longer create books that don't provide a picture for every word that is a noun, and is more than two syllables.

Here is a random thought, create a tutorial that is directly part of the gameplay, learn as you go, and there is no issue at all.

I really wish Bioware would just up and quit from EA, because seriously, they could so so much more without them.

You dont seem to follow Bioware recent news... Alot of old and good people left Bioware about a year ago. Most people are looking with scepticism toward BW future and future of their games. Personally I find my experience in SWTOR satisfying and I dont think EA making BW worse then they already are. Its just all about money this days.

On the bright side - EA looking for young and promising studios to sacrifice them to the gods of profi  to help them raise on their feet and release their projects, so its becaue of such giants we saw Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I cant say that i didnt like them, though ME 1 is still my favourite ^^

You dont seem to follow Bioware recent news... Alot of old and good people left Bioware about a year ago. Most people are looking with scepticism toward BW future and future of their games. Personally I find my experience in SWTOR satisfying and I dont think EA making BW worse then they already are. Its just all about money this days.

On the bright side - EA looking for young and promising studios to sacrifice them to the gods of profi  to help them raise on their feet and release their projects, so its becaue of such giants we saw Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I cant say that i didnt like them, though ME 1 is still my favourite ^^

I know that a lot of them have left, but the things they could do without EA could change gaming even more-so than they already have done.