Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derebecca Best Community Manager Ever?

(PSN)XxMrHollywood

Point taken. It still does leave a bad taste when you see her responding to only some certain issue. I will give you an example, you probably didn't care so you didn't notice but there are alot of Mag complaint threads where Crush isn't working as intended, people have posted GIFs, videos, etc, yet there was not a single reply, and all of a sudden, this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/404158-do-we-all-agree-that-mags-crush-is-not-working-like-intended/#entry4459092 So are you gonna tell me "Nah, she's just busy or some random reason she didn't reply sooner"? Cause I will be so convinced that she wasn't able to reply sooner even though this issue was more or less 1 year old already. Sugarcoating it doesn't really work, in my case that is.

Not to defend someone who doesn't need it but, meh.  I waste way too much time on these forums I didn't know about the Mag issue until that thread either.  Of course...it's not my job so maybe you have a point, though, er, I AM getting paid by someone while doing this...ahem.

Point taken. It still does leave a bad taste when you see her responding to only some certain issue. I will give you an example, you probably didn't care so you didn't notice but there are alot of Mag complaint threads where Crush isn't working as intended, people have posted GIFs, videos, etc, yet there was not a single reply, and all of a sudden, this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/404158-do-we-all-agree-that-mags-crush-is-not-working-like-intended/#entry4459092 So are you gonna tell me "Nah, she's just busy or some random reason she didn't reply sooner"? Cause I will be so convinced. Sugarcoating it doesn't really work, in my case that is.

Simple. She didn't notice them. She's a human being, and trying to look through every single thread is not an easy task. Another possible reason is that the thread you linked was the one that came out when she was around.

We'll use the mag threads as an example. There's a lot of them, so what's she to do? Respond to all of them? No, she'll read through all of them and then choose the last thread that she has time for and respond to it. 

Because of all of the threads are spread out, the one that would've come at its most recent is most likely the best candidate to respond to, because I'm looking through the feedback section, I don't see a mag thread that would've been big enough to have all of her concentration on.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

actually...the best community manager is one who would always be there,doing everything possible within existence to resolve player issues like this

rebecca is a standard community manager..responds occasionally,no guarantee

the whole issue is about seriousness,do you want a community manager that thinks of the game casually?someone that has a life?

or do you want a no lifing community manager,that communicates with and answers almost all player issues by virtue of the fact that they perceive the game like a viciously hardcore gamer?

from this point of view,steve would be a more suitable community manager,as he is the creator of warframe

but as we all know,steve is too busy doing steve lvl things

so we need someone that matches steve in warframe no lifing,which is almost impossible with a standard community manager

most companys hire community managers based on how freindly or compatible with people they are...no lifers are usually not freindly or people compatible

Edited by GunDownGrace

Simple. She didn't notice them. She's a human being, and trying to look through every single thread is not an easy task. 

We'll use the mag threads as an example. There's a lot of them, so what's she to do? Respond to all of them? No, she'll read through all of them and then choose the last thread that she has time for and respond to it. 

Because of all of the threads are spread out, the one that would've come at its most recent is most likely the best candidate to respond to, because I'm looking through the feedback section, I don't see a mag thread that would've been big enough to have all of her concentration on.

I never asked she respond to all of them, I'm saying why now? Why just now? This issue is more or less 1 year old already but how come even though there's quite a constant flow of complaints regarding Crush, why is "now" the time to reply? The thread I linked wasn't even big in the first place, probably the one with the most replies and views was the one posted by Rydian with the GIFs proving that Crush wasn't working as intended. Like I said, your sugarcoating or white knighting on Rebecca won't work on me because I can clearly see her flaws.

I never asked she respond to all of them, I'm saying why now? Why just now? This issue is more or less 1 year old already but how come even though there's quite a constant flow of complaints regarding Crush, why is "now" the time to reply? The thread I linked wasn't even big in the first place, probably the one with the most replies and views was the one posted by Rydian with the GIFs proving that Crush wasn't working as intended. Like I said, your sugarcoating or white knighting on Rebecca won't work on me because I can clearly see her flaws.

Don't throw around words when they don't work. I'm not white knighting anyone, and I gave you a perfectly valid reason why she chose that thread. If this issue is a year old, then it's a big surprise to me, because I've been here longer than that and I have never seen a thread that was big about crush. 

Did I ever say she is flawless? Have I ever implied that she is a perfect person?

Don't throw around words when they don't work. I'm not white knighting anyone, and I gave you a perfectly valid reason why she chose that thread. If this issue is a year old, then it's a big surprise to me, because I've been here longer than that and I have never seen a thread that was big about crush. 

Did I ever say she is flawless? Have I ever implied that she is a perfect person?

A small thread you see "BIG" where she finally replied is a valid reason? You kidding me?

Of course, like I said, you might be one of those players who didn't care about Mag so you didn't bother with the Crush complaints. Mag is my favourite frame and almost every single thread that pops up which is related to her, I go in and see what it is about so I am aware.

How you view things is like an opinion, it isnt a fact.

A small thread you see "BIG" where she finally replied is a valid reason? You kidding me?

Read the bold and then start speaking. Because what I said is not what you said.

Read the bold and then start speaking. Because what I said is not what you said.

Like I said, Rydian's post was even better with the thorough explanations and GIFs, it had alot of views and replies YET that new thread which haven't even reached 2 pages managed to get Rebecca's attention. How does that prove your reasoning is valid? Ridiculous.

Edited by LisRestall

actually...the best community manager is one who would always be there,doing everything possible within existence to resolve player issues like this

rebecca is a standard community manager..responds occasionally,no guarantee

the whole issue is about seriousness,do you want a community manager that thinks of the game casually?someone that has a life?

or do you want a no lifing community manager,that communicates with and answers almost all player issues by virtue of the fact that they perceive the game like a viciously hardcore gamer?

from this point of view,steve would be a more suitable community manager,as he is the creator of warframe

but as we all know,steve is too busy doing steve lvl things

so we need someone that matches steve in warframe no lifing,which is almost impossible with a standard community manager

most companys hire community managers based on how freindly or compatible with people they are...no lifers are usually not freindly or people compatible

If you have a legitimate problem in regards the game/account or what not rebecca will respond, I can only imagine the nonsense that fill up in her inbox though lol.

Like I said, Rydian's post was even better with the thorough explanations and GIFs, it had alot of views and replies YET that new thread which haven't even reached 2 pages managed to get Rebecca's attention. How does that prove your reasoning is valid? Ridiculous.

She didn't see it, it's from December. Chances are, she missed the thread when it was out and didn't see it. After all, she is human and her job isn't to scroll through the hundred of threads.

That's a valid reason. She didn't see it, and then when Hypernaut made the other thread, it was when she was online and saw the thread and decided to post on it. 

And furthermore, views don't aid a thread in whether it'll get seen or not. Posts do, and right now, Hypernaut has more posts on his thread from yesterday. This just further proves my point that she didn't see the old one and when she was online, she saw Hypernaut's thread and decided to post on it.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Are you talking about this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/361891-crush-has-two-big-problems-mag-no-stun/page-2 from December with the gifs?  Have you seen who made the first post on page 2?