Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Have An Auction House?

(PSN)Mofojokers

I believe this should be highly looked at. But i am not sure if it is possible or not. Because when im looking for a certain item it can drive me nuts and id prefer just to pay 100k for the dang thing and get it over with lol. But also if something like this is added the locations could be placed on the relays and be built in your dojo. But they would all have to be linked and once purchased the item would simply be sent to your inbox.

Anyway let me know if you guys think it is possible.

DE said it won't happen

/thread

They may be able to make something work by keeping listings & bids limited by MR rank, taxes, and item restrictions like the current Trading system.

Otherwise, auction houses tend to ruin good games by attracting gold sellers, account thieves, and trade guilds.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

DE said it won't happen

/thread

DE has said a lot of things that later on end up not being true. Also, can you cite that. I don't remember them outright dismissing the idea.

Also DE said that there was some sort of trade overhaul in the works to ease the pain of the trade system, but haven't given out any information on what it is.

Edited by xRufus7x

DE has said a lot of things that later on end up not being true. Also, can you cite that. I don't remember them outright dismissing the idea.

Also DE said that there was some sort of trade overhaul in the works to ease the pain of the trade system, but haven't given out any information on what it is.

Don't take it up with me, take it up with them XD

lol true.

Personally, I would be happy if they just implemented something for trades. It is near impossible to find people willing to trade in chat. Most are selling or buying for plat.

That's not going to change much.

Anyway, two livestreams ago DE said no auction house. On the plus side, they are working on some kind of improvement to the trade system so it's not as painful as it is now, so we'll have to see what they come up with.

You know, what I'd rather like to see (opinion wise) is gift wrapping. Buying gift wrapping for a few plat and wrapping an item and sending it to a comrade. I know they have the market thing but this is more TF2-ish. Circumventing tax evaders would just be a matter of making certain items not giftable, like platinum and mastery rank requirements.

I don't know, just a dumb thought since I grind a lot and there are times I look at things in my inventory and think "this won't sell but I know somebody who'd like this" and then have it as a surprise gift they have to unwrap.

Trading is fine as it is. It rewards people who spend some time on the trade channel. Auction houses would take that away

You mean spending hours within trade channel trying to sell your products before it's eventually drowned out by other people posting massive walls of Text that push yours out of view? That's a mess of a trade system and anyone with sense will tell you that. I'm certain DE themselves sees how chaotic trade chat is.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean spending hours within trade channel trying to sell your products before it's eventually drowned out by other people posting massive walls of Text that push yours out of view? That's a mess of a trade system and anyone with sense will tell you that. I'm certain DE themselves sees how chaotic trade chat is.

^ auction house

Bloody hell; there are now three topics essentially about the same thing.

The answer is no.  

The drop rates and item economy are tuned such that the frictionless access to trade will devalue 98% of items on the market.

It is possible and it is not a simple answer as people would like to believe.

It has it positives and negatives, personally i think they can marginalize the negatives but it would take some work and with DE reputation of doing things half-assed they would mess it up badly.