Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Players Exclusively Use Their Kubrow Now?

Hypernaut1

I personally use Kubrows quite often these days because:

1.)  They don't die, they go down.  Unless you're camping a small area in a Survival (in which I prefer a sentinel), and I always make sure that I'm hosting the 40+ minute Survivals in order to avoid these kind of strategies that I find boring.  Kubrows take over 30 seconds to bleed out, and they go down a lot less often than my teammates.

2.)  I'm vain.  I get compliments on my Kubrow's appearance.  No one cares what a sentinel looks like.

3.)  A 6 pack of healing injector thingies lasts me 24 days.  I don't understand how people run out in a week.

4.)  I've lost my sentinel as early as 19 minutes into a void Survival, thanks to Bombards.  I've never lost my Kubrow before the 1 hour mark.

5.)  I can name my Kubrows after characters from The Wire.

6.)  I can heal my Kubrow with one or two quick melee attacks.

7.)  I can switch between shotguns and rifles with ease.

Things I miss from using sentinels:

1.)  Sanctuary

2.)  Having stealth and shield restore on the same companion.

3.)  Pure status builds on sweeper.

I speed run almost everything, and kubrows don't do anything when you're speed running.  Carrier keeps enemies out of my personal space, and quickly and effectively grabs drops and energy so I don't have to slow down/can keep up my energy for tactical use of abilities.

I pretty much always bring my Huras around. The cloak works on any frame and the tackle it has can absolutely kill enemies easily. And once you get maul and bite up, they can pretty much take care of themselves. Vaccum is also completely overrated, the default pickup radius is good enough.

Also best thing about Kubrows, you don't have to switch around mods because you and your sentinel share one. Plus how in the world do you people say it takes 75K a week to maintain a kubrow? The vials come in 6 packs and restore 40% per use. The only explanation is that they're using a DNA vial every single day.

I prefer using my kubrows over my sentinels just because the kubrows are about a million times more durable.  Sentinels are practically made of glass by comparison, which is bad if you're doing a long T4 survival run or something.

I wouldn't blame someone for using their sentinel over their kubrow if all they have is a Sahasa or something though.

There area good points both way. I have all 4 kubrow types maxed out and all but the prime sentinel maxed out. So far  I have noticed the kubrows dominate over sentinels in damage and are awesome for some missions, however they do tend to die a lot if you take them to t3 or t4 defence or survivals and have been in there for half an hour or so. So by that time they become more of a liability as you have to keep reviving them. With sentinels by that time they have either died or auto regenerated by regen mod, however you don't have to worry about reviving them. So to most missions I take my carrier or helios if I am likely to encounter something that has not been fully scanned to codex yet. Even if they die 10-20 min down the line, they probably have done their job by then and got me stuff I wanted/needed. If I need a second damage dealer and target to split enemy fire, I just shoot off a spectre.

I like all 4 of my kubrows but they do have a bad tendency to stand in my way so sniping is problematic and to swap the type of active kubrow takes 3 hours that is just too much hassle as I never plan my missions that long in advance.

I would use them much more if they did not have that 3 hour timer but as it is, they tend to sit in the stasis for most of the time.

I was in love with my Sahasa...but when I want it to go kill stuff it sits next to me doing nothing at all not even digging and when its just plain suicidal it runs off and trys to kill something.

If we could just get some commands for our kubrow would be a huge transformation in the use.

for example:

5. Defensive: Stays within 5meters of Tenno attacks anything that comes close.

6. Aggressive: Will attack any enemy within sight. (The amount of times the Kubrow will run around a corner into a group of 20-30 and die)

7. Balanced: No specific orders.

8. Attack Target

9. Return

Just the ability to change your Kubrows behaviour would be a huge factor in whether I take her out of stasis. Removing existing precepts doesn't cut it.

We still have 5-9 on our keyboards, DE please use them.

I was in love with my Sahasa...but when I want it to go kill stuff it sits next to me doing nothing at all not even digging and when its just plain suicidal it runs off and trys to kill something.

If we could just get some commands for our kubrow would be a huge transformation in the use.

for example:

5. Defensive: Stays within 5meters of Tenno attacks anything that comes close.

6. Aggressive: Will attack any enemy within sight. (The amount of times the Kubrow will run around a corner into a group of 20-30 and die)

7. Balanced: No specific orders.

8. Attack Target

9. Return

Just the ability to change your Kubrows behaviour would be a huge factor in whether I take her out of stasis. Removing existing precepts doesn't cut it.

We still have 5-9 on our keyboards, DE please use them.

It would be cool instead of commands those were personality types for kubrow.

I have a hard time some days choosing which to use.  Some days I want to bring out my huras, on other days its my wyrm prime/shade cause they both look like dragon familiars due to attachments.  Either case both have their strong points and at the end of the day it depends on the player and what mood they might be in.  Today I'm in a dragon mood.  Tomorrow it may be a wolf/fox mood (I refuse to consider kubrows dog due to my extreme fear of dogs). 

Mine have remained frozen since like U14.5 or so (or maybe even earlier). Less utility, less dps, vulnerability to some traps that sentinels don't give a damn about. 

They're tankier...great...but they also regularly leave your side...getting into fights and dying...forcing you to backtrack. 

Kubrows were a flawed design that was never fixed. They need stronger utilities for sure. Sentinels can end up with 4 utilities easily...while for Kubrows this maxed out at 2...while 1 of those utilities involves being able to open some lockers which they often refuse to do since they're 100% AI controlled.

Mine have remained frozen since like U14.5 or so (or maybe even earlier). Less utility, less dps, vulnerability to some traps that sentinels don't give a damn about. 

They're tankier...great...but they also regularly leave your side...getting into fights and dying...forcing you to backtrack. 

Kubrows were a flawed design that was never fixed. They need stronger utilities for sure. Sentinels can end up with 4 utilities easily...while for Kubrows this maxed out at 2...while 1 of those utilities involves being able to open some lockers which they often refuse to do since they're 100% AI controlled.

all the dots in the world won't help if it's destroyed. You make it sound like they hit everything they aim at. 80 percent t of the time they will miss the shots. I'm sorry but vacuum is useless to me. Sanctuary can be matched by invisibility. I rather base my dog die grappling a vip enemy the carrier die cause he shot a gunner once in the leg...

Have u ever maxed out a kubrow? I bet you haven't. I have maxed out my carrier and it won't last much longer than 20 mins. A kubrow maxed out will last past 40 mins.... Thats around the time where even u will die of ur not careful lol.

Wat? My Wyrm Prime usually hangs around in survivals for 40-60 minutes and only dies if I act stupid and get into bleedout myself. I got ALL the mods on my sentinel maxed out and I have to say...if your Sent doesn't survive at least 40 minutes in T3 or T4 Void...then you're doing something very wrong.

Wat? My Wyrm Prime usually hangs around in survivals for 40-60 minutes and only dies if I act stupid and get into bleedout myself. I got ALL the mods on my sentinel maxed out and I have to say...if your Sent doesn't survive at least 40 minutes in T3 or T4 Void...then you're doing something very wrong.

now your lying to prove a point. I run them all the time for cores and every person that starts with a sentinel loses it around 20 mins. I loved the carrier at first so I maxed it out all the way. Then I tried the dog. I'm not biased I just pick what's more effective.

came looking for other views on kubrows, found it here. I don't love the cost of maintaining them, not really fond of them dying when I'm trying to level the beasties, I don't like the fact they are effectively attention wh0res who loose loyalty if I have to work that day and I'm a bit annoyed that they take so damn long to defrost. But other than that .......

I pretty much use me kubrow all the time now.

reasons why kubrow are way better than sentinels.

1. If thier health reaches 0, you have a good chance to revive them.  sentinels just die.

2. Can take down high lvl targets in one hit (when properly modded).  sentinels are lucky to even hit a target.

3. Much more health and shields.

4. dig is great for survival and defence

5. any kubrow will pin down capture targets

6. sometimes will pin down a boss

7. can easily kill small flying targets (when over ground)

8. Great at taking out nullifiers.

9. (Mazda, lol) my dog die grappling a vip enemy, the carrier die cause he shot a gunner once in the leg... 

Also, vacuum in not by any means indispensable.  Run around and collect your stuff...come to think of it, kubrows collect some things for you (could be a glitch though, doesn't happen all the time).

Edited by msxp123

Dunno.  My first Kubrow just hatched and I still have a little over a day before I can continue the kubrow quest.  We'll see soon enough.  If he blocks my line of fire as much as Syndicate "helpers", I'll likely stick with vacuum. 

Need to farm up some kubrow mods, though.  I decided very early that I wasn't planning on using them anytime soon and fused away all my mods for them.  Kinda regret that now that I've decided to grab one.

Live and learn, I guess.

I can switch Sentinels immediately to suit the mission type I am planning on playing next.

Kubrows need 3 hours before they are useable.

I was stoked about the introduction of Kubrows but they soon, unfortunately, just became Mastery fodder.

Ditch the cooldown DE!

Sentinel 1 - Kubrow 0