Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Parkour 2.0 Megathread - What Do You Expect? (Less Anti-Copter, More "what Should Be Added" Talk, Please)

Morec0

The most guys who want coptering to be removed don't even parkour around the map.

I don't understand why they complain about it, if they would not even use a new parkour system.

Warframe Parkour is, was and will always be a combination of normal jumping and wallruning and melee movement.

I parkour around the map

I use my mobility skills sometimes, lets say when i play excalibur, and it pisses me the hell off when someone jumps higher then me with directional melee, when i am using Superjump

It also looks idiotic as stated many times before here and other topics.

`Warframe Parkour is, was and will always be a combination of normal jumping and wallruning and melee movement.`

WILL ALWAYS BE

Well we will see about that

I would like a new parkour system if it would fill the role that coptering currently fills, allowing the slower frames to keep up with the faster ones. If I run around with my FROST without my Zorens? And let’s say a Scindo with Manticore skin? I’m practically moving in slow motion around as I see speed hacking VOLTS running’ around. I am WAY in favor of a new parkour system, as long as it replaces coptering effectively.

Edited by Dr.Schanbel

It makes no sense that an air melee attacknis more effective than an ability,like Superjump,Bounce or Tail Wind. These cost energy, yet directional melee overshadowes them... Please reduce the "launching" a little...

Also,side dodging has a very awkward pause at the end,& you can't shoot while doing it. Same argument for the back handspring(its execution isn't very fluid)...

¬¬¬¬¬If they do remove coptering I will be very sad. I am a fat FROST and I can’t keep up with anyone if I don’t copter around with dual zorens/ Ankyros prime/ you get the picture.

BullS#&$. Thats because whoever you cant keep up with is also coptering.

Also, where did you get this idea of every frame having the same movement speed? hillarious.

Edited by Qynchou

Well I know you won't like this but I fear the worst, I think I'm the only one that really loves the parkour as it is now (yes parkour includes coptering). They are gonna change it for the worst, nothing DE changes is for the better imo. Copter cry babies are gonna have what they wanted , it will be severly nerfed and thus rending this game obsolete to me. Oh well I guess I don't really play anymore and at least I have a few videos for good memories. So I guess the soon to be changes in the parkour is going to be the final nail in the coffin for Warframe imo.

So long good friend !

-snip-

Except for a friend that I taught how to do it, I've never seen anyone else before, who knows how to combine slide-attack, aerial attack and wallrunning. Meaning there's only a very small portion that knows about the true potentials of the current parcour. Most likely because it requires a lot of practice.

What the community desires is an easy parcour mechanism, but I really do hope they build on top of the current one and don't just change it completely. Also, we need more rooms with a high enough ceiling.

PS: I notice that when you slide after a jump, you hold down the crouch button. However, the slide gives you boost at the beginning of the animation, so it's enough to simply tap the crouch for that slide boost.

Also, with Shield Flux and Guardian, you'll have infinite stamina.

Edited by KingTaro

SO disagree with this. It looks weird, it makes no sense, and it makes the game a rush-fest rather than what it ought to be - actually FIGHTING your way through the hordes of enemies with your allies at your side.

Why fight anything when you can just copter to extraction? Why even lay a finger on enemies when "Hmm, a crowd! TOO BAD COPTER ACROSS THE MAP!"

It's anti-fun for many of us, and the fact that the playerbase embrace it in a team-game forces us to use it as well or else we suffer for it.

It is posts like this as to why I wish we could thumbs up multiple times. You worded my thoughts perfectly.

Edited by Tymerc

• 2 weeks later...

I SO @(*()$ called the "holding onto walls" aspect!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/406966-parkour-20-what-do-you-expect-less-anti-copter-more-what-should-be-added-talk-please/

Myself: best I can figure is that parkour will be given a "sticky" aspect - you'll be able to jump up onto walls and cling to them automatically, rather than just fall to the side unless you hold down certain buttons.

"But there are no footholds! Handholds!"

Remember the Rhino Prime entry?

Warframes make their OWN holds.

I don't think it looked that great, personally. The wall hanging and all that stuff looked cool, but it all still looked very "Sticky" and not momentum based for the most part. The whole reason I don't enjoy the parkour now still seems to be in 2.0. So. Eh.

Here's to hoping that was just sticky cg animation fun stuff instead of the actual parkour in gameplay. Here's to hoping parkour 2.0 won't be overshadowed by coptering, directional melee, and wall flinging.

Well it was a rendered cinematic. Everything in there could just be for show, but it definitely looks awesome, and I want it very very bad

I'm with you, I'm scurred that it's just the cinematic, but when you look back on all their cinematics, everything done can be done ingame with the exception of the archwing>ground transition on one of their latest ones.

I'm hoping for the best even though that archwing>ground transition is taking waaaaaaaaaay too long lol.

I don't believe any trailer about gameplay, just the intentions of what the developers want it to look or feel like in the game.

So i won't be suprised if the real deal doesn't turn out to be as good looking or that we will find many situations to make use of it.

On the other hand, that will mean i will appriciate every improvement, even if it won't be as great as a trailer displays.

Is... is this supposed to be a gif or just an image? I wanna say it's supposed to be a gif but it's not moving...

It's an image, I kind of screenshotted the entire stream every few seconds, and posted a recap on the reddit megathread. :P