The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Statistics

J-Pax

Your formula is overkill and wrong. I don't even know why false data is pinned to the forum.

Your calculations assume you can reload non integer numbers like 11.3 or 18.232 times per minute, which is just wrong.

Change the calculations to simple: ((Damage+CritDamage) / FireRate) / (Clip / FireRate + Reload Time)

Also why is there "Crit damage*Crit damage mod-1" ? When the mod is 0.15. And the base crit damage is 1.5 it is simple:

1.5 * (1 + 0.15)

Crit damage * (1 + Crit damage Mod)

Also the "Raw DPS * Time Spent" is purely theoretical. Because lets say I spent 5s. Some now have to reload in these 5s and others don't. Making the whole dps * timespent inaccurate and wrong.

- you can reload any arbitray number of times in a set time period, your just not going to have bullets to shoot from  fractionally complete reload

-its a spreadsheet formula you can do a formula in any random way you want; as long as you actually input  the formula in a valid way

- it is a simulation , assumtions must be made. the gorgon has a spin up time, only full auto guns fire at their rof, the paris  breaks all sorts of weapon mechanics

what i getting at is if you don't like  another man's  modeling go do you own; or gtfo

You said that your so called DPS formula does not include reload time so spare the condescending BS.  If you don't include reload time then you are modeling a gun with infinite ammo, a gun that does not exist in the game.  Which makes your DPS calculation fraudulent and meaningless.

posibbly look a few cells to the right and notice the  dpm that does have reload times  figured in. now "if you don't like  another man's  modeling go do you own; or gtfo"

Why do I see 5% crit chance on all melee weapons but Zorens? How did you get this

all those red boxes are  guesses, so the sheet doent just break when you drag formulas down

Also why is there "Crit damage*Crit damage mod-1" ? When the mod is 0.15. And the base crit damage is 1.5 it is simple:

1.5 * (1 + 0.15)

That is also what I initial thought, but actually, the crit calculations are like this;

any_dmg + (any_dmg * crit_dmg_mod) = new_base_dmg

new_base_dmg + (new_base_dmg * crit_dmg_weapon) = crit_dmg_unmodified 

crit_dmg_unmodified * enemy_res = crit_dmg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario: 100 normal damage, 50% default crit multiplier, 20% critical damage mod, 33% normal vulnerability.

100 + (100 * 0.2) = 120 damage, with critical damage mod

120 + (120 * 0.5) = 180 damage, with default crit multiplier

180 * 0.33 = 59.4 total damage, with normal vulnerability

all those red boxes are  guesses, so the sheet doent just break when you drag formulas down

Alright, so basically all the dps calculations are guesses since nearly all of the weapons got red boxes..

About as informative as the wiki. Perhaps even less informative

That is also what I initial thought, but actually, the crit calculations are like this;

any_dmg + (any_dmg * crit_dmg_mod) = new_base_dmg

new_base_dmg + (new_base_dmg * crit_dmg_weapon) = crit_dmg_unmodified 

crit_dmg_unmodified * enemy_res = crit_dmg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario: 100 normal damage, 50% default crit multiplier, 20% critical damage mod, 33% normal vulnerability.

180 * 0.33 = 59.4 total damage, with normal vulnerability

This seems wrong and doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the crit damage mod not directly apply to the base crit damage?

You are making it way to complicated.

Edited by Thypari2013

This seems wrong and doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the crit damage mod not directly applied to the base crit damage?

You are making it way to complicated.

Have you tried and run some tests in-game?

k.

Cecking it now. With unmoded, unranked latron.

Will come back

You need to have a crit damage mod equipped in order to properly test it, otherwise it will always just be the weapon's base crit modifier you see.

Finished. My Formula was right ;)

Latron rank 2 without mods (150% crit damage):

40 base damae - 60 critical damage

Latron rank 2 with +20% crit damage (180% crit damage) :

40 base damage - 72 critical damage

So everything fine with my formula. And datasheet here is wrong.

Actually both formulas are right; theyre the same thing!

100 + (100*1.5*1.2) = 180 damage with modified crit damage multiplier of: 1.2*1.5 = 1.8

The two ways of looking at it; either you add 20% to the crit multiplier or add 20% damage to all crits.

Crit= 100*1.5 = 150, then *1.2 = 180

Or new crit multiplier = 1.2*1.5=1.8, then *100 = 180

Edited by Darzk

Actually both formulas are right; theyre the same thing!

100 + (100*1.5*1.2) = 180 damage with modified crit damage multiplier of: 1.2*1.5 = 1.8

The two ways of looking at it; either you add 20% to the crit multiplier or add 20% damage to all crits.

Crit= 100*1.5 = 150, then *1.2 = 180

Or new crit multiplier = 1.2*1.5=1.8, then *100 = 180

Upvoted because someone wasn't as lazy as me to compare both.

Still the op uses the wrong formula he subtracts 1 instead of adding it

Edited by Thypari2013

Your formula is overkill and wrong. I don't even know why false data is pinned to the forum.

Your calculations assume you can reload non integer numbers like 11.3 or 18.232 times per minute, which is just wrong.

Change the calculations to simple: ((Damage+CritDamage) / FireRate) / (Clip / FireRate + Reload Time)

1.5 * (1 + 0.15)

Also the "Raw DPS * Time Spent" is purely theoretical. Because lets say I spent 5s. Some now have to reload in these 5s and others don't. Making the whole dps * timespent inaccurate and wrong.

As far as I am aware the game does not round numbers of time internally.

You're right for the crit calculations, that was a faulty addition last night. My excuse is that I'd spent 6 hours measuring data for the melee weapons, apologies for that. It originally did not have the -1 but for some reason my sleep addled mind thought that I was already calculating normal DPS and that the crit calculation was, for some reason, including that damage twice over- thus the -1. Updated now.

Raw DPS is all theoretical, it is basically someone standing still, firing at a point blank dummy non stop. You try modelling a fight in Warframe to damage statistics.

((Damage+CritDamage) / FireRate) / (Clip / FireRate + Reload Time) --> This is my calculation for DPS. If you want to do it for a period of times, it's more complicated. The numbers there are for 60 second time frames, and are used elsewhere for the weapon longevity graphs - useful in situations such as boss fights where a high DPS weapon may fail because it runs out of ammo too quickly, whereas a longer lasting weapon would wind up doing more damage purely because it has higher damage per bullet.

I am well aware that the spreadsheet does not pay any attention at all to the mod power limit or 8 card maximum. This is coming in due time. However the current series of graphs is still informative. If you want to knitpick that a few fields are highlighted in red, they *are* geusswork but for the most part are relatively sound, for the rifles at least. I'm still mining melee data for now for crit multipliers. Crit chances will be filled in when U8 transparency is updated in and I can get a solid value without having to spend 10 hours data mining every single bullet fired. I don't have that kind of time.

Edit: It's somewhat disappointing that people are moaning about stats. Yes some bits are missing due to difficulty of obtaining the information in the first place, but jesus the new points are NOT going to make a rank 10 weapon jump up to rank 1. Especially given that the spreadsheet is a work in progress, the data is very hard to sample for and I'm basically giving it to you for free

Edited by J-Pax

Upvoted because someone wasn't as lazy as me to compare both.

Still the op uses the wrong formula he subtracts 1 instead of adding it

My bad, guess I shouldn't have skimmed it. Thank you Darzk for correcting me.

what i getting at is if you don't like  another man's  modeling go do you own; or gtfo

posibbly look a few cells to the right and notice the  dpm that does have reload times  figured in. now "if you don't like  another man's  modeling go do you own; or gtfo"

To yearly to GTFO.  I just made popcorn.

Incidentally, don't give me your DPM BS, I was talking about your fraudulent "DPS" calculations.

To yearly to GTFO.  I just made popcorn.

Incidentally, don't give me your DPM BS, I was talking about your fraudulent "DPS" calculations.

its not fraudlant, the (damage/ bullet) *(bullets/second) = damage/second. the fact that the active dps is only possible part of the time is a matter most poeple arnt going to give 2 shakes about and for the ones that want the truest damage output potential measure he gives you dpm.

again if you don't like another man's data analysis you can kindly do your own.

When I'm doing my own DPS comparisons, I look at two end results;

DPS (without reloading) is simply (damage/bullet) * RateofFire

Sustained DPS (with reloading) is (Damage/Clip) / (TimetoFireClip + Reload Time)

Both numbers are relevant - DPS more so due to my playstyle, where I very rarely need to reload to clear a room. For Bosses and Mobile Defense, Sustained DPS is more relevant.

The damage/bullet and /clip includes crit chance and modifiers, but NOT elemental damage. Edamage is factored in for specific enemy types.

When I'm doing my own DPS comparisons, I look at two end results;

DPS (without reloading) is simply (damage/bullet) * RateofFire

Sustained DPS (with reloading) is (Damage/Clip) / (TimetoFireClip + Reload Time)

Both numbers are relevant - DPS more so due to my playstyle, where I very rarely need to reload to clear a room. For Bosses and Mobile Defense, Sustained DPS is more relevant.

The damage/bullet and /clip includes crit chance and modifiers, but NOT elemental damage. Edamage is factored in for specific enemy types.

If you go with "assumptions" like you never reload to clear a room then you should have made some more like: you clearly never hold the fire button of your mouse until the clip is empty for a room (dps).

If you want to know this, you should do an "Overkill"-Calculation to get the rankings for the best room cleaning weapons.

So "Total DPS" (as I call it) with reload time, is the only relevant data on this sheet, specific for boss fights. But like I said you could do an "overkill" calculation for best room cleaning.

its not fraudlant, the (damage/ bullet) *(bullets/second) = damage/second. the fact that the active dps is only possible part of the time is a matter most poeple arnt going to give 2 shakes about and for the ones that want the truest damage output potential measure he gives you dpm.

again if you don't like another man's data analysis you can kindly do your own.

Hey wait a second!  You're not J-Pax!  BWHAHAHAHA.

It seems that you don't know the difference between Damage PER second and Damage WITHIN 1 Second.

And yes, it is fraudulent to calculate DPS based on an infinite magazine size when a gun does not have an infinite magazine.

You claim that the truest damage potential is DPM, that implies, by your own words, that your DPS is bullS#&$.

I wonder what you would say to DE if they decided to triple all the reload times of the top 5 highest DPS weapons because the "DPS" would not change.

This is pretty good. Nice work. May I suggest adding accuracy to all of the firearms?  I sometimes favor a more guaranteed shot over total DPS. Its really cool though, thanks for posting :)

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I thought I read all the pages before posting. Got sidetracked lol

Edited by 7.T.

Hey wait a second!  You're not J-Pax!  BWHAHAHAHA.

It seems that you don't know the difference between Damage PER second and Damage WITHIN 1 Second.

And yes, it is fraudulent to calculate DPS based on an infinite magazine size when a gun does not have an infinite magazine.

You claim that the truest damage potential is DPM, that implies, by your own words, that your DPS is bullS#&$.

I wonder what you would say to DE if they decided to triple all the reload times of the top 5 highest DPS weapons because the "DPS" would not change.

then dont use his numbers and stop arguing. it is up to the user to evaluate a gun on its stats.

i like to have the reload figured in for  fast fire guns but dont even go past raw per bullet damage for semi auto guns.

but then again i have MY OWN SPREADSHEET.  If you Dont like even seeing J-rexes Dps numbers just make your own

ps your only now noticing you have been arguing with 4 people...

Edited by Geuax

This is pretty good. Nice work. May I suggest adding accuracy to all of the firearms?  I sometimes favor a more guaranteed shot over total DPS. Its really cool though, thanks for posting :)

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I thought I read all the pages before posting. Got sidetracked lol

=\ accuracy doesn't figure in anywhere, you have to weight its value personally. blame  hidden cone of fire stats, 

at least it make the dps modeling easy enough for everyone to do it >.>