The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Does Not Need Changes, It Is Already Balanced

HibikiGanaha

it needs that power....and we need more weapons on this level, especially with raids comming.

You really don't, though. Enemies are going to be level 80 -- against 8 Tenno, they're not going to last long at all. At no point are you going to need anything on the Gammacor's level.

And if you really did need weapons that strong, why is it the only one like that?

You really don't, though. Enemies are going to be level 80 -- against 8 Tenno, they're not going to last long at all. At no point are you going to need anything on the Gammacor's level.

And if you really did need weapons that strong, why is it the only one like that?

because most end game weapons have yet to catch up. and TBH the new raids should drop bp's for weaps of this caliber. 

at the very least, the only nerf i could agree with is making its range 10 meters max.

just reading all this is giving me a headache, If the OP made this thread in favor of nerfing i would have quit it already -__-.

Edited by Reaver_X

Now you are pretending like all the arguments explaining how Gammacor is a better weapon regardless of DPS despite its range limit didn't exist?

please 

No?  I've never ignored those arguments.  If you reread my first post, the very last line says "It is very good within it's range, very bad outside of it's range."

How is stating what makes it good inside of it's range an argument against the second half of that statement?

Now you are pretending like all the arguments explaining how Gammacor is a better weapon regardless of DPS despite its range limit didn't exist?

please 

How about everybody else ignoring the fact that there are dozens of weapons that are capable of dealing with lvl 80+ enemies on a regular basis.... The gammacor is not special in this regard.... it is NOT the only powerful weapon.

it's ammo efficiency is too damn high for a high DPS
i'll compare it with another beam-like gun, flux riffle (ammo eating machine), synapse (ammo eating electricity), spectra (short ranged laser [need augment]). glaxion (need lowered fire rate).

in my opinion even with it's limited range it still OP.
tell me how many ppl not using this gun.

How about everybody else ignoring the fact that there are dozens of weapons that are capable of dealing with lvl 80+ enemies on a regular basis.... The gammacor is not special in this regard.... it is NOT the only powerful weapon.

And Synoid is ~twice more powerful then those already OP weapons, see a problem now?   

if other weapons didn't trivialise the game already making it boring for 40+ minutes till the very high levels. The game balance is utterly broken and we are just sitting here talking with ourselves about the imbalances that DE prefers to ignore, instead of actually playing the game fighting the challenge - because there is none.

It's even hilarious. In other game we would be talking more how to optimise our builds and tactics to beat some hard high-level mission or boss. But in WF most of the topics are about how stuff is brokenly-overpowered.  And if weapon of frame is not OP then its regarded as useless crap.  

I've never seen a multiplayer game like this.

Name them. I'm eager to see what else can match a secondary like the Synoid Gammacor.

Edited by Vargras

In retort to the 8 man raids:

8 tenno is a massive DPS, utility, and supportive ball. 8 tenno is ALOT. All of the beams crossing (no pun intended) would leave even a level 80 dead within seconds. 

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the weapons are not balanced around endgame; they're balanced around the starchart which goes to approx. lv. 40(?) last time I took an in-depth stare at how weapons are made, and with proper modding combinations, only then can a weapon be used in endgame without gimmicks ie. radisarm or ravelin.

The fact the SG can pump out damage makes it feel like it's balanced for endgame; the main issue with that is that the other syndweapons are not. Nor is any. Because it's one of few weapons that can deal damage that high and that quickly, and without that many restrictions.

Its' range is too high. Approx. 15m is good if you guys want to keep that DPS. A damage nerf would cause an uproar in the cry threads, and we already see enough of those from scrubs that think they own Warframe.

SG needs a range nerf, that's it. The large tilesets are not that high in density compared to smaller, more compact tiles. This makes the SG beneficial in itself, since its' one and only downside is partially mitigated. I may take this back when the water set comes out, but it's still important that the SG gets looked at. It's becoming the new acrid brakk soma go-to weapon for high level content.

Edited by Ordel

Did you guys see how huge the raid map is in the devstream?

25m range is now a real disadvantage 

I have not, but this just solidifies my argument even further.

The only possible argument against the range so far was "players don't play on big tiles."  It's a pretty weak argument.  Every defense tile has at least one >25m los (not including eris).  Excavation tiles generally have multiple >25m los.  Survival also has large tiles, but players choose to camp on the smaller ones.  Interceptions have >25m los between points but are generally <25m skirmishes around points.  Now with raids coming with massive tiles, this argument doesn't hold much water.

I have not, but this just solidifies my argument even further.

The only possible argument against the range so far was "players don't play on big tiles."  It's a pretty weak argument.  Every defense tile has at least one >25m los (not including eris).  Excavation tiles generally have multiple >25m los.  Survival also has large tiles, but players choose to camp on the smaller ones.  Interceptions have >25m los between points but are generally <25m skirmishes around points.  Now with raids coming with massive tiles, this argument doesn't hold much water.

The entire "25m range is a weakness" argument operates under the assumption that players will stand completely still while firing.

Most people with Synoid Gammacors will just run up to mobs so they can shoot. It's a non-issue, and it shouldn't serve as the only balancing point, which is what we've repeatedly tried to tell you.

In addition, as someone else mentioned in this topic several pages back, why even make this topic if you truly think the Synoid Gammacor is balanced? Did you think you were going to change everyone's minds?

Edited by Vargras

The entire "25m range is a weakness" argument operates under the assumption that players will stand completely still while firing.

Most people with Synoid Gammacors will just run up to mobs so they can shoot. It's a non-issue, and it shouldn't serve as the only balancing point, which is what we've repeatedly tried to tell you.

In addition, as someone else mentioned in this topic several pages back, why even make this topic if you truly think the Synoid Gammacor is balanced? Did you think you were going to change everyone's minds?

That assumption was never made anywhere.  I even talk about moving to hit enemies in the first post.

There is zero consistency in your posts.  You repeatedly make sweeping, blanket statements that have no backing.  How is running up to a mob a non-issue in any level of play?  In low level play, anything with more range can kill things before you even reach it to deal damage.  In high level play, you don't want to be near high level mobs, barring nova/loki map lockdown.  What I've tried repeatedly to tell you is that range is a very important stat for guns.  If you are out of range, you deal NO damage.

Last time I checked this was the feedback forum where you post feedback.  Also last time I checked, saying something is in a good place is feedback.

Name them. I'm eager to see what else can match a secondary like the Synoid Gammacor.

It isnt about matching the gammacor.... its about doing the same effective job of bringing you to a point where 90% of the player base cannot follow, let alone reach to begin with.

But, in no specific order:

Boltor prime

latron prime

latron wraith

opticor

supra

amprex

glaxion

ignis

quanta

synapse

drakgoon

hek

kohm

phage

strun wraith

lanka

snipetron vandal

vectis

attica

dread

paris prime

ogris

penta

torid

angstrum

acrid

marelok

vaykor marelok

stug

brakk

mara detron

dex furis

akzani

twin wraith vipers

castanas

sancti castanas

despair

hikou prime

kunai

grinlok

I know for sure im leaving some out. These are merely weapons that I have used, or people in my group have used to bring us to an hour in a T4 survival.

My point is, the point at which the gammacor really makes a difference is at a level that the majority of people cannot reach to begin with. Just because it has the potential to go further for longer doesnt matter if you cant get there in the first place.

Edited by Faulcun

It isnt about matching the gammacor.... its about doing the same effective job of bringing you to a point where 90% of the player base cannot follow, let alone reach to begin with.

But, in no specific order:

Boltor prime

latron prime

latron wraith

opticor

supra

amprex

glaxion

ignis

quanta

synapse

drakgoon

hek

kohm

phage

strun wraith

lanka

snipetron vandal

vectis

attica

dread

paris prime

ogris

penta

torid

angstrum

acrid

marelok

vaykor marelok

stug

brakk

mara detron

dex furis

akzani

twin wraith vipers

castanas

sancti castanas

despair

hikou prime

kunai

grinlok

I know for sure im leaving some out. These are merely weapons that I have used, or people in my group have used to bring us to an hour in a T4 survival.

My point is, the point at which the gammacor really makes a difference is at a level that the majority of people cannot reach to begin with. Just because it has the potential to go further for longer doesnt matter if you cant get there in the first place.

In short, the weapon is needlessly powerful.

They need to stand still in raid, the whole puzzle thing, just watch it

Not quite that either. There are some people who can make very good use out of that weapon at a level it can shine at.

My point here is that the level of enemies that would make the argument in this thread valid about weapons in general that are considered "end game" is probably not being reached by the majority of people here.

Therefore, this thread is simply asking for a weapon, or weapons, to simply become useless.... sooner... which solves what problem exactly?

It's time for some hardcore missions that start at later waves/rounds/minutes, etc.

or else it would remain boring even if this weapon is nerfed.

Edited by Jinryusai

Why even bother create more pages when this argument is going no where?

Don't think anyone has changed their opinions in the many pages nor shall they, this is as endless and pointless as them pay2win arguments.

You are better off arguing with the wall.