Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Needs Some Love

SilentManny

Been playing Oberon for quite some time and everything about him seems underwhelming on so many levels. I understand he's a jack of all trades kinda frame, which I like BUT everything he does feel too weak. I've asked many players across the community and the general consensus is he's one of the worst frames atm.  I'm not to sure how to improve him but he needs something to bring him on par with other frames. Feel free to leave what you think he needs or if you think I'm completely wrong please enlighten me :)

i have two gripes with Oberon.

the casting time on Renewal can sometimes be... long.

the other features other than Status Effect immunity for Hallowed Ground are kind've arse. Damage is hilariously good with the Augment, but the Armor Bonus is 100% useless. it increases EHP by like... 3%. yay...

Reckoning is a fantastic Ability and Smite is quite flexible and effective for it's Cost.

though i guess i wish more 'worms' were added per Power Strength Percent. not a problem, just more of a shock and awe thing. more Projectiles with Power Strength would look more satisfying.

He's very decent now, so i don't know where you got he's one of the "worst" frames. He's got a decent kit of abilities that work well (Minus Hallowed Ground).

Try playing him before he was already buffed xD

Well I'll always love oberon and use him regardless but like I said, almost everyone I asked said he was one of the worst and in PUGs whenever I go Oberon for t4's even t3's I get *@##$ed at :P I just think they need to increase his numbers or something.

Nah.... He's really good... He has heals and great cc with his ult and all the radiation procs he does. And hallowed ground even protects you from procs (cough cough bleed).

Honestly he is one of the most balanced frames.

he needs to be primed as next and then we will enjoy it more ...

he is a ancient god, dont know which wild ride the devs have had creating him, it was finally the first warframe i bought with platinum because of the myth of oberon in general =)

I love my Oberon and find his abilities have some use well into late game .

My only issue is Renewal which becomes ineffective at high levels due to its travel time, by the time you see an ally taking damage and cast it, the healing orbs will never make it on time.

Well I'll always love oberon and use him regardless but like I said, almost everyone I asked said he was one of the worst and in PUGs whenever I go Oberon for t4's even t3's I get *@##$ed at :P I just think they need to increase his numbers or something.

The players you're playing with have no sense then. He's incredibly useful as long as you're healing your team mates. Smite and Renewal cause radiation procs so even if it doesn't kill the enemy, it has some CC there.

I adore Oberon and I always have a ton of fun playing him. I can take him into any kind of mission and actually contribute something to the team for it, without feeling like I'm trivializing the game. He's a solid frame that I always come back to.

I wish you could do more with Hallowed Ground though. Like if enemies that walked through it tracked it around and made careful positioning of it more rewarding. Also could be nice if Renewal stored charges or something when you used it so you could actually do something in higher level games when your teammates are getting torn to shreds.

Nah.... He's really good... He has heals and great cc with his ult and all the radiation procs he does. And hallowed ground even protects you from procs (cough cough bleed).

Honestly he is one of the most balanced frames.

This. Oberon is my most-played frame and I see no problem with him. He's probably the most efficient frame when it comes to rage because of his high health pool and lower shields, and if you put a natural talent on him and power strength mods you can alternate between healing and reckoning pretty much nonstop in T4+

All his abilities are solid and used often, smite for knockdown on a VIP target and heavies/eximus, hallowed ground for removing status effects in survival (especially derelict survival), team healing, and top-tier crowd control as an ult.

No idea who you've been asking but Oberon is one of the best, if you want worst frame look at Saryn, Ember, and maybe even Frost (even then this is debatable). Oberon has healing (which only one other frame has the natural ability to do), damage at low to mid levels which falls off but his 1 and 4 ability both have extra utility that makes the damage fall of completely negligible.Oberon most definitely does not need a buff, i can go far in t4 missions and i have seen plenty of Oberons do well if not downright amazing. if theres one thing that could be changed its his hallowed ground could be tweaked a tiny bit, but again debatable, i've never had troubles using it 

i have two gripes with Oberon.

the casting time on Renewal can sometimes be... long.

the other features other than Status Effect immunity for Hallowed Ground are kind've arse. Damage is hilariously good with the Augment, but the Armor Bonus is 100% useless. it increases EHP by like... 3%. yay...

Reckoning is a fantastic Ability and Smite is quite flexible and effective for it's Cost.

though i guess i wish more 'worms' were added per Power Strength Percent. not a problem, just more of a shock and awe thing. more Projectiles with Power Strength would look more satisfying.

Hallowed Ground stacking yields higher Armor Damage mitigation, but that is not really needed because Hallowed Groubf's CC immunity makes procs irrelevant.

He's very decent now, so i don't know where you got he's one of the "worst" frames. He's got a decent kit of abilities that work well (Minus Hallowed Ground).

Try playing him before he was already buffed xD

This +1

In my opinion, Saryn is a worse frame than Oberon, not saying that she's bad or anything, but because all her abilities are damage focused, she doesn't really go as far as Oberon in enemy level usefulness, since Oberon has some utility aspects like radiation proc, a small blind and heal.

Saryn's 2 moves that have some CC are usually not used for the CC...Molt and Miasma stun...lol At least Molt with augment has some anti-minimm duration utility.

If Miasma was changed to having stun for Miasma duration, it could help. Issue would still arise where most players not in needless or high-level would just want Miasma burst damage....but in high level Stun duration Miasma + ½ Health Venom would be more useful for teamplay, especially if Miasma stunned for full duration and Godly if they brought back Viral stacking...

I love my Oberon and find his abilities have some use well into late game .

My only issue is Renewal which becomes ineffective at high levels due to its travel time, by the time you see an ally taking damage and cast it, the healing orbs will never make it on time.

That travel time on Renewal, promotes close-group play. If a player wants to be a lone hallway hero....they arebon their own...(Waiting on Trinity's Blessing to be like renewal but still provide Damage Mitigation...I think Oberon was the community response test*)

Oberon is pretty Good now however I would be pleased with a tweak to renewal and hallowed ground

Renewal needs to continually heal while taking fire so its a constant heal but should be on a duration

Hallowed ground I find no use for but that's just me

Oberon is pretty decent but...I kinda agree his powers are underwhelming. Trinity is a much better healer, Reckonings range is pretty small for a ult, and Hallowed Ground is essentially an proc clearing carpet that has a high cost (50 energy) and its too small that no one is going to stand on it except Oberon himself.

My wish list for Oberon is like this:

Make renewal an toggleable ability that heals and removes procs on ally every few seconds (about 4-5 seconds interval) so long as its active.

Increase Reckonings range by +1~2.

And then Replace Hallowed Ground with a new ability.

I know his concept is jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy, but I think he still needs a small push to be trully versatile.

People need to stop with the mind set of "trinity is the superior healer" of course she is, thats her entire theme, it's healing and support she should have an amazing healing ability. Oberons renewal should not be as good as Trinity's because thats not his primary role. so as soon as people realize this then they can truly appreciate Oberon as a frame. its the same as people saying Ash is inferior to Loki because of the difference in their invisibility, they're different roles and should behave as such 

Oberon's only problem is Hallowed Ground.

It's too immobile for what it does.

It's clearly meant to be used defensively but doesnt provide the power or crowd control needed for a defensive ability.

It gives armor, but the armor it gives is relatively negligable, and for quite a few frames, useless.

What makes Oberon handy is all of his spells can be cast in midair and on the go. They all have short cast time as well.

All except Hallowed ground.

Long cast time.

Almost no benefit.

Enemies sidestep and ignore it easily.

Requires holding still in it to use it.

Provides no real protection unless you are fighting ranged infested and even then their damage goes through it anyway.

Everything Hallowed Ground does is already done better by Renewal.

Hallowed Ground needs to get rid of the +armor attribute and become a healing field or have some new attribute added:

- teammates in hallowed ground get healed by a % of their missing health over time

- teammates in hallowed ground get life leach on their weapons based on a %

- enemies in hallowed ground are slowed

- enemies in hallowed ground stumble

- teammates in hallowed ground get a maximum health boost

- enemies in hallowed ground are blinded

- enemies in hallowed are purified of buffs and lose armor/shield

- enemies in hallowed ground are purified of special abilities (nullifier shields, ice eximus, caustic eximus

- enemies in hallowed ground now have a heal aura that heals nearby teammates

- hallowed ground now revives downed teammates

There's alot you could do that would make Hallowed Ground worth using.

I don't expect to ever see it happen. It will always be a bad ability. Like Slash Dash.

But hey at least Oberon's other 3 spells kick major &#! and he's actually a very good frame now for any mission type.

Him and Ash are definite success stories in terms of 'bad frames that got buffed to be good'.

Nekros is somewhere in the middle.

Ember is still camel poop.

but you can stack Hallowed Ground!

ah, yes. i totally forgot that Warframe was a slow enough Turn Based game where stacking 30 Hallowed Grounds to be able to survive an extra two bullets was an actually viable method of use.

oh, wait a second.

Renewal needs to continually heal while taking fire so its a constant heal but should be on a duration

Renewal already does literally exactly that.

have you... ever used Oberon?

-snip-

*snaps fingers*

what if Hallowed Ground divided the Damage taken by Tenno by all things that are standing on it?

so if there was 20 Infested standing on Hallowed Ground, attacking you, the Damage you take would be split between you and all of those Enemies.

it wouldn't give Damage to Tenno probably, since that would be pretty arseholey. meaning they wouldn't count.

incentivizes Oberon to want to have a lot of Range to try and avoid more Damage, and definitely gives a reason to be standing on it.

that's certainly a lot better than +3%EHP!

ah, yes. i totally forgot that Warframe was a slow enough Turn Based game where stacking 30 Hallowed Grounds to be able to survive an extra two bullets was an actually viable method of use.

oh, wait a second.

Renewal already does literally exactly that.

have you... ever used Oberon?

*snaps fingers*

what if Hallowed Ground divided the Damage taken by Tenno by all things that are standing on it?

so if there was 20 Infested standing on Hallowed Ground, attacking you, the Damage you take would be split between you and all of those Enemies.

it wouldn't give Damage to Tenno probably, since that would be pretty arseholey. meaning they wouldn't count.

incentivizes Oberon to want to have a lot of Range to try and avoid more Damage, and definitely gives a reason to be standing on it.

that's certainly a lot better than +3%EHP!

1 Hallowed Ground is more than 1 to 2 bullets....because Effective health.

315 Armor, Max power strength cast Hallowed Ground gets boosted to 493 armor.

315 Armor on 1075 health is 2203 effective health.

493 Armor on 1075 health is 2841 effective health.

2841-2203=638

If 1 or 2 Bullets are doing 638 damage, then yes 1 Hallowed Ground is only good for 1 or 2 bullets.....

Hallowed Eruption (Augment)only allows for 1 cast present at a time.

But if you had 2 or 3 casts stacked:

Initial Armor goes from 315 to 493 on first cast. 2nd cast Armor goes from 493 to 773 armor. 3rs cast, Armor goes from 773 to 1,212 Armor.

1212 armor on 1075 health is 5,418 effective Health.

3 Max Strength Hallowed grounds would be a lot of energy, but is more realistic than 30casts....but for reference 30 stacked casts (if possible) would yield 227,855,682 armor. Not sure if Armor mitigation can go to 99% or is capped at 95%?; 10casts stacking armor to 28,233 would net the same 99% Damage reduction.

To obtain 95% Damage mitigation; 8 casts ,yielding 11,484 armor, would be needed.

95% or 99% Damage reduction is more than 1 or 2 bullets.

If you did not want to run Steel Fiber and were starting with base 150 armor...3 Max Power Strength casts would yield 577armor (almost base Valkyr levels). 5casts would yield 1417 armor. 10casts would yield 13,420 armor for 97% damage mitigation and roughly 49,163 Health.

Also the Slash Bleed Proc which ignores armor, does not come into play since Hallowed Ground grants status immunity.

(Valkyr by herself is still susceptible to Slash procs ignoring her high armor; non-hysteria)

If you have had 10 or more Hallowed grounds active with Max Power Strength from 1 or more Oberons....you can have very high effective health.

Have not checked to see if Hallowed ground bolsters Defense Objectives; if it does a team of Max Power strength Oberons could be 'cheese' the mission as long as Nullifiers were kept away.

TL:DR Armor stacking bonus via Hallowed Ground is more protection than 1-2 bullets/attacks.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

-snip-

so what you're saying is, if you drop a dozen Energy Pizzas and stand there casting Hallowed Ground constantly, you can be more durable.

why not just... move?

walk around or something.

you could also Kill the Enemies so they stop shooting at you while you cast an Ability several times to avoid taking some Damage.

or... something.

it's not a practical means to an end. especially since that kind of Power Strength is most definitely not practical. spirals downwards.

so what you're saying is, if you drop a dozen Energy Pizzas and stand there casting Hallowed Ground constantly, you can be more durable.

why not just... move?

walk around or something.

you could also Kill the Enemies so they stop shooting at you while you cast an Ability several times to avoid taking some Damage.

or... something.

it's not a practical means to an end. especially since that kind of Power Strength is most definitely not practical. spirals downwards.

Oberon's power set, from my experience, does not cater to high mobility. His cast animations tend to keep you in place and Hallowed Ground, I suppose could just be used as a proc cleanse only. But it does not grant immunity for a duration if you leave the 'Sanctified Area'.

-Meaning in order to retain CC and Status immunity you need to remain on Hallowed Ground. The ability is not there to prevent damage coming in, it is there to mitigate the damage.

The more Hallowed grounds you are on the better.

Max Power Strength to me is feasible....Flow/Primed Flow and Large Energy Restores (Nano Spores have a use)

I play max Power Strength Valkyr almost all the time (74%) with no efficiency or flow equipped.

I tested Orokin Derelict Survival with Oberon and I think Max Power Strength Hallowed Ground is reasonable given the increase in survivability.

Your response to moving off of Hallowed ground to increase survivability, seems counterintuitive to what Hallowed Ground offers.

He can literally stand in one-spot shooting enemies refilling health and staying on Hallowed Ground, as long as energy restores permit. Djinn will bring enemies closer and you can keep Djinn healed.

It is almost like old-skool Iron Skin Face tanking....just less mobile and more powers to cast..ie not as efficient.

I wouldn't say the armor buff is useless and I wouldn't say it takes 30 Hallowed grounds to protect from 1 or 2 bullets.

You don't feel 3 Max Power Strength Hallowed grounds are worth the cast, okay.

(Does not make Hallowed Grounds armor buff worthless to Oberon...perhaps the Warframes with 15 armor (or less; Nyx with Arcane)find it useless.)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi