Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes, Another Destiny Vs Warframe Thread, They Really Hate Warframe... See This.

Kaiser_Suoh

Destiny is one of those games that you play for a month and then get so bored with it, you end up forgetting about it entirely. It's honestly just a game that was meant to pump out DLC.

Warframe, on the other hand... Idk what it is about it. It's not like it has a great set-in story or lots of lore, yet.. But there's just something about Warframe that keeps me playing even after 2+ years. Plus, you know, it's free.

same, iv'e been playing since February 2013 and i can't stop playing!

I would say that, based on theme, we are similar, such as why COD and BF are compared. They rival eachother in the consumer market, and so the consumers will always compare.

And they should be. If Bungie took a better look at Warframe and some of its shortcomings and successes, Destiny would've been a better game. Likewise, I hope DE looks at Destiny and learns from it.

I would say that, based on theme, we are similar, such as why COD and BF are compared. They rival eachother in the consumer market, and so the consumers will always compare.

So, the question is: Warframe is so good and is compared with Destiny? or Destiny is bad compared to Warframe?

:s

Destiny is a hand crafted, linear game.

which is one form of Development, and has worked for a long time.

it has limited scope however, hand placing every inch of what you see takes a lot of time. it has fantastic results, but it's still a long process.

Destiny has chosen that style of Development. it makes a great Singleplayer game that you play through, have a good time, and move on.

Warframe has chosen a more procedural form of Development. you can create more out of the same time and employees this way.

larger scope, but not as much hand crafting.

i also think Destiny is begrudgingly boring, but i hold the bar high. and if something reaches it, i move the bar higher.

i do not find interest in linear stop and pop Shooters + some 'mix it up' giant Health Bar Boss fights.

that's basically what the Singleplayer experiences in things like, say, Battlefield are. they're not really.... good. they're there to say that they're there.

yes, i'm basically saying to me Destiny feels like the Singleplayer in Battlefield or Call of Duty. it feels dull to me.

yes, i'm very painfully aware that Destiny has good mechanics. they're slow mechanics and the Player has a bit of the 'brick shaped ghost with a floating gun' syndrome that some games end up with, but i'm aware that the Weapons that are there, and the way you fight Enemies, all of those mechanics, are very solid. dull, but solid.

- - - - - - - - - -

if you like Destiny, great.

i can't. it's one of those games that the only thing i feel like i have to do is admire the visuals. once i'm done with that, i can just walk away from the game.

there just isn't enough there to engage my brain. and that's actually a problem. there's some games that i've played before like that, that do not engage my brain. and i literally start falling asleep.

as far as i'm concerned, Destiny is a $500,000,000 USD failure.

So, I read through the Destiny forum pages, and there's one thing that it brought up and I can't remove from my mind: If we tilt our head and squint, our Liset does look like a sperm.

I can't unthink this. Its like we're impregnating the solar system. 

I remember seeing a recent re-review(I think they reviewed it in the closed beta before) for Warframe and they constantly compared it to Destiny and how DE dodged all of Bungie's mistakes. An advantage that one of them reiterated during every loading screen was "And we can move our ships!"

wow iv'e never seen destiny before but it looks really annoying.

I remember seeing a recent re-review(I think they reviewed it in the closed beta before) for Warframe and they constantly compared it to Destiny and how DE dodged all of Bungie's mistakes. An advantage that one of them reiterated during every loading screen was "And we can move our ships!"

it was satisfying hearing them compliment the beauty that is warframe.

Destiny is one of those games that you play for a month and then get so bored with it, you end up forgetting about it entirely. It's honestly just a game that was meant to pump out DLC.

Warframe, on the other hand... Idk what it is about it. It's not like it has a great set-in story or lots of lore, yet.. But there's just something about Warframe that keeps me playing even after 2+ years. Plus, you know, it's free.

I was having a discussion about this with my sister yesterday. We were comparing Borderlands 2 to Warframe, but the principal is the same.

BL2 - Released well polished with a finite amount of content and a feature-complete technical side. Content continued to be released at extra cost for a year afterwards, but the technical side was stagnant. We didn't purchase it until we could get it for $12 including the DLC.

WF - Released with very little content, no polish, and far from feature complete. Still in very active development three years later and constantly changing. I have paid about $400 so far.

The difference is that it is more fun to see a game evolve around you then it is to just have a game plopped in your lap and then have content trickle in. This is why games like Warframe and LoL can be so successful and fun for a long time, while games like Destiny and Borderlands are things you play and shelve.

Didn't seem like Warframe hate to me, sounded more like they were just getting annoyed(justifiably) at the kid who couldn't stop saying "warframe".

Regardless, I did see that thread not that long ago and there is some genuine hate in there. I don't own a console so I've never played Destiny. I don't imagine it's a bad game, per se.. I've heard extremely mixed reviews. But from what I've seen, it does seem to be a Warframe spinoff and when you start to compare games to one another, that's when people get critical(Torchlight 2 wasn't a bad game in it's own right, but the fact that it made a deliberate point of trying to compete with Diablo 3 is part of why it failed imo. People said, "Ok, you wanna compare yourself to D3? Fine, get ready for a torrent of criticisms that will tear your little game apart").

The opinions are mixed in that thread on the Bungie forums, but I saw alot more support for Warframe than Destiny. I also seem to remember reading a fairly scathing review of Destiny that outright accused it of 'ripping off' Warframe. I'll have to find it.

Regardless, I have no beef with Destiny or it's players so I see no reason for the hate. Who knows, maybe they're feeling a bit butt-hurt after spending $60 on a game that appears to have failed to compete with a free one and their pride/loyalty prevents them from simply downloading Warframe for free. But I digress.

what impress me the most is that destiny is still alive.Game like battlefield/C.O.D can be played for a long time even the GTA series, but destiny with the little content it provide.

I did play the game and even if i had my fun moment in it i just re-think of all i have done in it and there is only a strong bitter taste with some sugar in it. I already said it on their forum: It was the first time i bought something from bunjie and it would be the last.

Destiny is an epic fail and a prime example of the new trend supposedly triple A titles have become, which is shipping out broken crap games and charging full price for it.

The fanboys hold on to Destiny cause they can't forget what it could have been from the deleted content and they dream it'll get better one day. They pick on Warframe cause they are in denial that it's one of the plenty of other games that are better then destiny ever will be. They're so blind to notice the basic features missing from a supposedly MMO game such as matchmaking and communication.

We get free content. They have no choice but to pay for it to advance in a crappy story. Warframe's lore although few ATM is solid enough to spark your imagination on the universe and it's characters.

Warframe has always been better and will always be better cause it's in the hands of Devs that care about the game's development unlike Bungie who let themselves get manipulated by Activision.

Edited by GKDK