Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigils - Our Void Powers Burning Through Our Warframe?

Morec0

I'm hungry, I'm not making any sense, here's a fan theory:

I got to thinking about the Rift Sigil and how it glows brighter the more energy you have, how it looks like cracks running through the Warframe, how it bears our energy color.

What if Sigils are a representation of our Void powers as they burn through the Technocyte flesh of our frames? The shapes varying because of how we ourselves shape the pattern of the burning?

Think of shining a flashlight through a piece of paper: the light goes through the paper, but the papers still there. Now put something between the flashlight and the paper: there's now a shadow on the paper in the shape of the flashlight. Does that something have a pattern? That shadows is that pattern.

Could the sigils be this light? With our own bodies and Warframes changing to show off these certain patterns?

It's a neat idea.

But it also implies the tenno change their own energy, as the pattern and light changes on the sigils.

I wish they'd make one solid explanation for this tenno energy stuff, because they've hinted at a lot of conflicting things with how the tenno and their energy actually work.

It's a neat idea.

But it also implies the tenno change their own energy, as the pattern and light changes on the sigils.

I wish they'd make one solid explanation for this tenno energy stuff, because they've hinted at a lot of conflicting things with how the tenno and their energy actually work.

The thing we know for certain is that living Tenno DO burn with Void energy - Vor in tutorial, Vor in Arid Fear, Ember Prime Codex - it's just a matter of figuring out HOW MUCH we burn - completely? Or partially?

The thing we know for certain is that living Tenno DO burn with Void energy - Vor in tutorial, Vor in Arid Fear, Ember Prime Codex - it's just a matter of figuring out HOW MUCH we burn - completely? Or partially?

It's also a matter of figuring out if we can or can't have multiple frames on a single tenno.

I don't have the deets, but there's been a bit of confusion from the information given.

It's also a matter of figuring out if we can or can't have multiple frames on a single tenno.

I don't have the deets, but there's been a bit of confusion from the information given.

I also say that's been solved: Limbo Theorem. But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't at least SOME logic to doubting what Ordis said (on 4th wall grounds.

It's a neat idea.

Wait till the dragon comes in with the energy color being the element. I have a feeling that will take lore, and beat someone to death with it. Not to mention with the whole energy glowing effect from the Rift sigil the dragon warframe will bring in alot of interesting theories.

Wait till the dragon comes in with the energy color being the element. I have a feeling that will take lore, and beat someone to death with it. Not to mention with the whole energy glowing effect from the Rift sigil the dragon warframe will bring in alot of interesting theories.

Oh that it will, trust me.

While it's an interesting theory, I'd say nah. It seems too out of left field, specially given how clean cut the shapes are, and how each have a different anim.

That said, it could be that the Rift sigil SPECIFICALLY is not an actual sigil but actually a symptom of our void powers tearing through our warframe, specially when you think about the alert you receive it from and how it's only doable with powers. Think Neltharion/Deathwing from Warcraft, whose powers grew so much his body started bloating and tearing open, and he had to place armor over the gaping tears to keep himself from blowing up.

...So yeah, one day we will press 4 so much we will explode is what I'm sayin

Edited by Hyenasaurus