Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Oberon Suck Or Rock

KingAbelTate

tell me why i ask about oberon people think he sucks and useless my friend looked him up and saw his abilities before the buff and now people still thinks hes bad why is that health orbs and energy orbs blindness and radiation all at once i mean anything like that catches my eye whats so bad about oberon is the fact that his EOA is like mag's EOA and his the fact that all his abilities help the team what makes oberon so bad to were he's useless  in the gameplay of warframe 

It's good, very good, anyone who tells you otherwise probably just sucks at playing him, also, most people think a "good frame" is an easy mode frame, my friend is always mocking on my Oberon and he only plays Rhino or Valkyr, funny thing is i keep him alive in t4 and when his "tinfoil skin" gets destroyed i have to revive him using my Oberon.

Here's how i play him, i went full range and duration, i don't need reckoning to kill enemies because they kill each other once radiation kicks in, if im defending a spot i can cast hallowed ground for that cc immunity which comes great for holding a spot, i usually take my shade sentinel so whenever i need healing i cast renewal and shade cloaks me while i do it, lastly if i want to play more stealth i can use smite to cause enemies to shoot each other from afar, smite is a like a sniper's radiation proc.

The most important part of my build is Rage mod, and a big health pool, that way i always have energy, and if i ever get in trouble, surrounded by enemies, the problem itself is the solution, i get shot a lot i get a lot of energy, i cast reckoning to make an opening and when they stand up they have forgotten about me while they shoot their faces off.

He doesn't suck, people who state that probably built him prebuff, leveled, sucked with him, and scrapped right after without even testing after the buff. Obi is a well balanced frame that has one of the best 1 skill, a decent heal, and scaling ult on top of a fairly tanky frame. Being tanky and self healing is already a good sign.

Edited by TheLocalHentai

In my experience he sucks really really badly until he hits around level 20something.

Then he's okay.  Sucks for some people, rocks for others.  Depends on if you enjoy playing him and know how to exploit his abilities properly.

He has the best antlers this side of the Christmas event, though.

You just gotta know how to play him, just like any other frame.

I personally love him and have him built to be a tank (can tank more damage than a Rhino). I also use him for melee only, which is not an easy feat mind you.

Edited by Reidmaster

Oberon is my favorite for his sheer versatility in a fight. Need to heal? You can do that. Need to distract a group of enemies? You can do that. Need to make an opening for a quick escape? You can do that. Need to run head first into a wall of gunfire? You can do that too.

He's my fave frame, but I had to switch to maining Hydroid because basically everyone picked on me when I brought him along. There's nothing that crashes your mood faster than people that are supposedly friends harrassing you in pm's about how he is a 'joke' while you're trying to mind your own business in a survival.

At least irate pirate is a bit better regarded.

Bleh.

Long long ago, Far before any buffs, I played Oberon. It felt like I was the only one. Yet I felt like the best.

Now on Xbox I show my friends how to be the best space ninjas ever.

I come to the forums for the first time in forever, what do I see?

Love and support for my favorite Warframe ever.

Warms my heart.