Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lack Of "reporting Player For Afk"

trieuazn0

i find this really strange, one person going AFK or what i like to call it "Leeching" can Ruin the game

there are countless storys on the fourm about this one guy Leeching the mission or Event, only to cost the mission.

Usually the response to this is something along the lines of "Just ignore the player" which is great, but it dose not feel justified, theres no action being taken, its like getting Robbed from a Street Thug and then going to the police for them to respond "Just ignore the Thug the next time you meet Him/Her"

Edit: i know about hte "AFK = less reward thing, but still. . .

Edited by trieuazn0

I believe you're allowed to take screenshots and make a Support Ticket for Afkers, but I do not bother with it. 

I rarely encounter them to begin with, and from a few threads I have seen, that Afk timer that prevents mission rewards seems to be somewhat of a deterrent.

unfortunately you cannot report for AFKing easily since you would need evidence and we can think of how difficult that would be?

what I like to do is lure mobs to them to get them killed and proceed to leave

Edited by OvAeons

Yeah, there should be an easier way to report AFKers.

In the Elite Ogma tactical alert, I've seen at least one AFK leecher in almost every single run.

I think that it's gotten a bit out of hand.  And carrying those people is a huge burden.

Best is when you ask them to do something instead of AFKing, and you get mocked.

Building leeching/AFK reporting into the interface would be an excellent change for Pedro and the others to flex those UI design muscles of theirs.

Yeah, there should be an easier way to report AFKers.

In the Elite Ogma tactical alert, I've seen at least one AFK leecher in almost every single run.

I think that it's gotten a bit out of hand.  And carrying those people is a huge burden.

Best is when you ask them to do something instead of AFKing, and you get mocked.

Building leeching/AFK reporting into the interface would be an excellent change for Pedro and the others to flex those UI design muscles of theirs.

People might just report anyone if there is such an option added. I will prefer a squad member's vote kick option to kick a player out of session after 5 minutes of inactivity. I mean come on, from getting the door to answer a call, 5 minutes should be enough for doing these things. Unless you really have something important to do, do it while not playing or play while not doing that -_- 

You can report players for being AFK via a support ticket.  The mission progress screen will show if they only made like 0-2 kills, for example.

basicly, its somthing along the lines of 

afk for one min or more, and you get less rewards

No, it's that if at the end of the mission a player was AFK for more than a minute, they get nothing.

If you AFk for a minute in the middle of a mission and then come back and complete it, you still get the rewards.

People might just report anyone if there is such an option added. I will prefer a squad member's vote kick option to kick a player out of session after 5 minutes of inactivity. I mean come on, from getting the door to answer a call, 5 minutes should be enough for doing these things. Unless you really have something important to do, do it while not playing or play while not doing that -_- 

I agree here. A vote to kick would be great.  I had a leecher on my team yesterday that I would have kicked out if I could (especially since they trolled and left the defense at wave 20 at the last second, and replied with "Bye, b****es"). Incredibly impolite. People like that give a bad name to the Warframe community and it's dedicated players.

The very least someone who has to urgently go afk for a few minutes could do is let us know. :/

Regardless you can still report them for exploiting to warframe.com/support

Be sure to include screenshots of them and the end of mission stats.

There are several ways including a simple one to kick specific players from the game if you're host but I don't think you're really supposed to do so.  I first heard of such methods when the mods mentioned using them when they encountered exceedingly toxic players.

Also, given the amount of bugs we see I wouldn't be surprised to find out if afking only denies you the mission rewards while the event stats still get increased and causing the afker to still get their potato mail.  However, if they paid enough attention to annoy you in chat, chances are they were nudging their character during the final round to still allow them to get all the rewards with minimal effort.

from what i've seen, Kicking from a match can be abused "I don't like you? too bad i kick you" which could lead to some problems

id suggest somthing like

getting 6 different players reporting the person (Two matchs worth of people) in which the person should get a warning

then after about 30 Reports from Different players (None can be the Same) some action should be taken

from what i've seen, Kicking from a match can be abused "I don't like you? too bad i kick you" which could lead to some problems

id suggest somthing like

getting 6 different players reporting the person (Two matchs worth of people) in which the person should get a warning

then after about 30 Reports from Different players (None can be the Same) some action should be taken

that sounds good +1

id suggest somthing like

There's a "report a player" option when sending in a support ticket, and this is sort of what happens.  If a player is reported a bunch they can get banned.

Seriously guys this is already a thing.  I've done it.

unfortunately you cannot report for AFKing easily since you would need evidence and we can think of how difficult that would be?

what I like to do is lure mobs to them to get them killed and proceed to leave

View Mission Rewards. Screenshot leeching players mission statistics.

Report it.

???

Profit.

I'm curious what will DE do to punish these players if we provide the adequate proof.

DE doesn't report on action taken to the reporters, but we can assume tempbans or permabans if it's a constantly repeated thing.

I think DE need to come up with a better system for AFK players . Maybe a combined timer with the option for the host to kick an afk player . i.e 1 min timer for inactivity allows host to kick the player . AFK players would then get a usual nothing as if they actually lost a missions . I know this might seem a bit unfair but as it is some people piggy back other players victories to get what they need . 

We need a blacklist already, so the afkers and other malcontents can all sit in a game together and not do anything.

Putting a player on your ignore list functions as a partial blacklist, that is, they shouldn't be able to connect to a session you're hosting or vice versa.  At least that's how I was told it worked.

Putting a player on your ignore list functions as a partial blacklist, that is, they shouldn't be able to connect to a session you're hosting or vice versa.  At least that's how I was told it worked.

Unfortunately ignoring has nothing to do with players joining your game. You just won't see them saying anything.

I can not wait till the reputation system is being implemented. I just saw this one player being one the most toxic players I have seen in two years that I have played this game. He did not attack me but he was attacking two of the players in the same game and I wish there would be a system in place that you could report the player from. I will not post anything even though I screen capped what he said.