Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Akbolto Arent All That Impressive Either Guys.....

Reaver_X

Don't get me wrong, these are like, one of my fav side arms, but honestly there not much different than the original akbolto, having only...what? +5 damage?. A small 5% crit chance boost? really, the only selling point to these things is the proc, which isnt quite enough. I feel they're base damage should be raised to at least 60-65 and have either their reload rate sped up or the recoil lessened. What do you guys think?

Edited by Reaver_X

Blinks twice. Akbolto is one of the stronger side arms in the game. It's amazing they got any buff. If it weren't for mussel muzzle climb and reload time I'd say they're too strong as is.

Edited by Quizel

Agreed they are just a fraction more effective than the stock ones. The proc is certainly useful, for the health restore more than anything else I find. I dunno, the syndicate weapons seem to be in such a muddle at the moment. 

The listed fire rate is quite deceptive too, especially if you're using something like WF Builder, which will assume you're capable of clicking your mouse that many times a second, or you're using a macro thingy.

Quizel makes a good point about the stock ones already being very good though.

Edited by Dualice

Agreed they are just a fraction more effective than the stock ones. The proc is certainly useful, for the health restore more than anything else I find. I dunno, the syndicate weapons seem to be in such a muddle at the moment. 

The listed fire rate is quite deceptive too, especially if you're using something like WF Builder, which will assume you're capable of clicking your mouse that many times a second, or you're using a macro thingy.

Quizel makes a good point about the stock ones already being very good though.

im not saying the stock ones are bad, im saying the Telos should be brought in line with the other 3 heavy hitting syndicate weapons (V. Marelok, R. Balistica, and S. Gammacor) 

Havinng taking a fully modded and forma'd telos to ODS trying to last 40+ min, i find myself wishign the gun either did more damage or had a sleightly faster reload. Or even less recoil.

Edited by Reaver_X

Akboltos were solid weapons before and Telos is statistically better with free proc.

Binding your fire key to a scroll wheel lets you go full auto, which is absolutely hilarious.

Reload speed and Travel time were my only gripes with the weapon.

Havinng taking a fully modded and forma'd telos to ODS trying to last 40+ min, i find myself wishign the gun either did more damage or had a sleightly faster reload. Or even less recoil.

Here is your problem. Its the damage typing, puncture and impact are not good against infested. Infact most of them are resistant to one or two of these damage types and since there is no slash damage to even it out, you are just bringing the wrong gun to the wrong mission. You them on Grineer

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

I think all of the syndicate weapons should do the syndicate elements as their base damage (Hek S. Gammacor already there and S. Castanas are half way there). It would have defined them a bit more and made them a bit more interesting to me (making Telos akbolto the first gas weapon in the game). They aren't bad but after getting them all done switched to an Acrid with its syndicate mod since it makes the weapon more fun.

im not saying the stock ones are bad, im saying the Telos should be brought in line with the other 3 heavy hitting syndicate weapons (V. Marelok, R. Balistica, and S. Gammacor)

Two examples, of which only one was a very recent buff (as the base weapon is still bad, since no one was paying attention), and the other is Synoid Gammacor. Unfortunately there is little difference between Marelok and Vaykor Marelok, so that isn't a very good example. Overall, all I am reading is "This isn't as powerful as Synoid Gammacor" because there is no other comparison to make.

Akbolto was already good, however, so the minor update is quite nice. It is by no means underpowered, and the only overpowered weapon that came with syndicates was Synoid Gammacor, as the original Gammacor was one of the best continuous fire weapons all by itself.

I think all of the syndicate weapons should do the syndicate elements as their base damage (Hek S. Gammacor already there and S. Castanas are half way there). It would have defined them a bit more and made them a bit more interesting to me (making Telos akbolto the first gas weapon in the game). They aren't bad but after getting them all done switched to an Acrid with its syndicate mod since it makes the weapon more fun.

I like this idea buff the damage to 65 then and we got some awesome telos akbossos

plz, no turning my thread into "OMGZ GAMMACOR 2 PERFUL NURF PLOX" . Im tired of seeing that garbage.

anyways, the original akbolto was never on par with the likes of the original marelok, so theres a lot more room for improvement than there was between the marelok and V. marelok.

plz, no turning my thread into "OMGZ GAMMACOR 2 PERFUL NURF PLOX" . Im tired of seeing that garbage.

anyways, the original akbolto was never on par with the likes of the original marelok, so theres a lot more room for improvement than there was between the marelok and V. marelok.

Definitely turning your thread into a "nerfpl0x" thread.

You're comparing the Takboltos to overpowered guns. And you test puncture weapons in ODS. Scrubery.

The AkBolto was and is one of the strongest and most usable secondaries in game. Then they made it explode. The only thing that needs buffing about the gun is the lame-ish skin.

Sorry that 'balanced but top tier' translates as 'weak' for you.

Definitely turning your thread into a "nerfpl0x" thread.

You're comparing the Takboltos to overpowered guns. And you test puncture weapons in ODS. Scrubery.

The AkBolto was and is one of the strongest and most usable secondaries in game. Then they made it explode. The only thing that needs buffing about the gun is the lame-ish skin.

Sorry that 'balanced but top tier' translates as 'weak' for you.

sure, whatever you think bruh.

Akbolto was already good, however, so the minor update is quite nice. It is by no means underpowered, and the only overpowered weapon that came with syndicates was Synoid Gammacor, as the original Gammacor was one of the best continuous fire weapons all by itself.

Originally the Synoid wasn't that much better than the basic Gammacor.  Then they both got buffed half a weak later and the Synoid more so.  Still seems weird to talk about the 'original' Gammacor when they were added to the game at the same time.  I agree though that the Akbolto was already good and the Telos is inarguably better.  It doesn't need to be a lot better, it's still better.

Telos akboltos are incredibly powerful for macro users who can make the most of high-ROF semi-auto weapons.

All they really need is an option to switch their trigger to full auto with a forma.  Heck, all weapons need this option.  Currently macro users have too much of an advantage over everyone else when using semi-automatic weapons with high damage and high ROF.

I dunno if buffing them is what is needed to be done here. If anything, I'd rather start by doing this first:

Make all semiautomatic dualwielded pistols with high rate of fire become DUPLEX auto!

The reason for that is because the weapons are considered VERY high tier, even possbily borderline overpowered, but really only for MACRO-users. For regular mouseclicking people they actually might seem kind of average in power. By giving them Duplex auto, you reign in the macro vs non-macro differences a whoooole bunch. And, with that, people might more easily see their strengths (without relying on macros etc) and thus not actually care about giving these powerful pistols even MORE power (if anything, doing this change might even be a reason for the regular (Ak)Bolto to be NERFED a tiny bit instead... but I hardly think so :P)

Why Duplex specifically though? Well, what better way is there to give the impression that you are actually DUALWIELDING? Irl, you only play with one mouse, you don't have the benefit of "triggering" with two hands. Duplex-auto solves that quite nicely! Giving these kind of weapons fullauto, as some others suggest, would be too speedy (as can be seen with Macros) and doesn't keep the semiautomatic nature/feel intact in these weapons either.

Edited by Azamagon

Make all semiautomatic dualwielded pistols with high rate of fire become DUPLEX auto!

What's duplex auto? shoots twice for each trigger pull??

Anyway, i like having the control of pure semi auto and full-auto (macro) bound to another key

Edited by Quizel

What's duplex auto? shoots twice for each trigger pull??

Anyway, i like having the control of pure semi auto and full-auto (macro) bound to another key

It's the mechanic that the Tigris has; It shoots one shot when you push down the firebutton and shoots a second shot when you let go of the firebutton. Essentially, it's a 2-round burst with the potential to shoot 1 bullet at a time if you control your triggerfinger :)