Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Vs Factions

hllwnb

Okay so crush is being fixed at the moment so nothing can be said about that until the change is finally induced.

Her shield polarize is essentially useless against Grinner and infested.

Pull is a great ability but it is honestly double-edged because while it does knock them down, it pulls them to you and I've always felt mags pull to be counter productive.

Mags attraction ability is just okay. I've found its best use is with shotguns as it allows all pellets to hit enemies from a significantly further range. The problem is that it doesn't do much than that.

Basically unless crush is changed to something very viable in the utility department, mag is a super sub par frame.

Even in void with 4 CP you would think shield polarize would be OP but mag takes up a team slot that could be used for something much better, we have synoid gammacor to ignore shields literally every 10 seconds since syn weapons xp bar doesn't scale so high level content let's you magnetic proc all the time (every 10 seconds).

I'm quite the elite player as much as I enjoy using fun weapons, but I really like using mag for fun with her augment because it's just cool IMO to always have 2200+ shields and instant shield recovery against lower level content.

BASICALLY: MAG sucks but she's a fun shield tank against low level content and while she's still good in endless void synoid gammacor makes mag useless even with 4 CP ignoring armor.

Shield Polarize doesn't just take away the enemy shields though.  It also deals blast damage based on how strong the shields were.  It's a AoE damage ability that actually scales with enemies.  Surely that gives her worth in the Void?

Pull is nowhere near its old glory but it's still strong cc and very spammable. It think it does something like 300 damage and only costs 6 energy on max efficiency. Greedy Pull is EXCELLENT on endless modes.

Shield Polarize is excellent against Corpus. Doesn't do anything against other factions (maybe Sentients will have shields?). However, it will still restore shields, making it a great support ability. And Shield Transference has a base value that will give you at least that much overshield (I think it's 50). It is affected by power strength so Intensify + Transient Fortitude will give you almost 100 overshield per cast. If you're running max efficiency, you can load it up between fights.

Bullet Attractor is mostly a boss killer, although I guess it would work against tough enemies. I don't take her to end-game content so I haven't really tried it out much.

Crush is...yeah. Rather low damage and crappy damage type. Only benefit is the cc, but that only lasts 2.7 seconds, or half that if you use Natural Talent. If enemies were knocked down afterwards, it would actually be quite powerful. But currently, they just get right on their feet and shoot you before you finish the animation.

Overall, don't think of her as a nuker (although she is capable of it against Corpus). She is mainly a support frame. Greedy Pull does open up new gameplay options however, which is underrated. My main use for her is to strip Alad V's shield off for easier Neural Sensor farming. I do agree she needs some work, especially on Crush (adding a knockdown like I said might even be enough).

Because damage is not what counts, it is what they can do for the team that counts. Loki, does no damage against any faction yet he is most useful against those that have guns and does more poorly against those that don't. Yet just like Mag, Loki is also a useful asset in any given situation and faction as they can bring something of value to the team regardless of situation, even though yes they are all situational Warframes, even those that are less specialized in one particular area. That is what I call smart design that the nature of the abilities have been determined so well that at no point does a Warframe become completely useless. Just less effective at some scenarios.

Nullifiers pretty much ruined what Mag was good at- Shield Polarizing in either the Void or endless Corpus missions. Even in exterminates and the like, Shield Polarize loses a lot of its effectiveness because of Nullifiers wandering around randomly with their shields up.

To be honest, I stopped using Mag after dmg 2.0 as much as I used to. Her abilities are good but the fact that magnetic is good only vs shields and shields are only on corpus, I started to use her way less. So basically my Mag prime Collects dust until Heavy corpus slaughter is on the way

Mag is awesome. She is a skill based frame. She is for more advanced users that appreciate using strategy when using abilities. 

When playing Mag you have to know when to use pull, when to restore shields, when to use bullet attractor and when (never) to use crush. You cant just run into a room and spam abilities expecting everything to die (except with Corpus at times).

I love my Ash too, but i would consider him an "easy" frame. It still takes a bit of skill when playing Ash, but you can play brain dead and still be successful, get out alive. Not so with Mag. You have to be a good player to make it through high level content, and it feels good.

I started playing Mag (prime) again after maxing her out once. I slapped a rejuvenation mod on her, after using a forma on her aura slot. She can take hits like a champ, then use her shield polarize to get it all back. If she starts taking toxin or bleed damage, that's what the rejuvenation aura is for. And my playstyle isn't run and gun; I actually use the environment to not get shot at when playing high tier missions where enemies have stupid accuracy and a notable status chance on their weapons.

Pull is just super fun to use. Bullet attractor for the big bads and crush if you're feeling overwhelmed by non-shielded types (otherwise use shield polarize). I feel that the rejuvenation aura was all that she needed. Now she can take even more hits and not get creamed so easily... until you come across a bleed that ticks for 30-40 damage, then you'd be royally screwed if you didn't pack a vitality mod.