Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Are So Expensive

prodavit

Well I have 3 kubow and I love taking them on mission since you can keep revieving them when they go down, and they draw enemy fire. The problem is that they degenerated each day and taking care of them could be very expensive. As a result I dont see alot of players bring them along, since the sentinel does not require any taking of at all.

After grinding for the eggs, Its a pain to have to keep buying these expensive drugs for them.

Do you guys think DE will take this out or at least make it cheaper to buy the drugs?

Why do you guys think DE is doing this?

60k per week is that much ? 

60k? The last time I bought them they were 75k. And btw you only need to buy them every 24 days.

The 3h recovery are the biggest problem that prevent a lot of people from using Kubrows and the laziness because they don´t want to pick up every single item, so they are using Carrier, no matter what will come.

When did they changed that? It used to be 6.

my math sucks nowadays ...

i bought a year worthy of this stuff ;p

don't remember all the details xD

but i remember that they reduced the prise (twice ?!) and reduced the decay speed.

Be thankful DE don't, force us to feed it in the next update and clean after it,

Ordis aren't doing it like from the beginning ?!

Edited by Cracken

Well, think of it this way?, How much whuold a dog cost to keep, to look after and to feed and love?.

Be thankful DE don't, force us to feed it in the next update and clean after it, alone doing the DNA thingy 

The degenerating is somehow the feeding.

my math sucks nowadays ...

i bought a year worthy of this stuff ;p

don't remember all the details xD

but i remember that they reduced the prise (twice ?!) and reduced the decay speed.

Yes, when Kubrows were released the stabilizers cost 100k and Kubrows degenerated 20% / day.

Ordis aren't doing it like from the beginning ?!

He does?

The degenerating is somehow the feeding.

Thats odd, but I think we should also feed them too, like have to buy meat or make it, as well I feel there needs to be more interactions with them, and not just a click of a button. 

Now, owning a dog is a lot of responsibility son...

I'd say that this is fair. A Kubrow is capable of being very strong, and they have some great support abilities. If it were not for the degeneration, there would be no reason to bring your Sentinels, especially as you get the chance to revive Kubrows.

The point isn't if the amount is a lot for hardcore or capped players, it's if it's a lot for new or casual players.

It really is.

If I have 75k, I want to spend it on weapons, , mod upgrades, crafting or whatever else.  Not on a pet kubrow, 75k is a lot to spend upfront for that.

20k seems far more sensible.

Thats odd, but I think we should also feed them too, like have to buy meat or make it, as well I feel there needs to be more interactions with them, and not just a click of a button. 

I could get on bored with that, and getting food should not cost 75K just a few hundreds so it more realistic. I will still require players to log on and feed the damn thing.

DE is doing this to make people keep playing this game, this will fix how annoying taking care of kubrow are and allow players to want to use them more. With this suggestion players will still have to log on to take care of them but they wont go broke doing it.

BTW for those of you guys how said its not alot of money to keep taking care of kubrow, well have you consider that some newer players might need the money to build weapons frame and for mods? After doing all that you dont have alot of money left.

Well, think of it this way?, How much whuold a dog cost to keep, to look after and to feed and love?.

Why would I want to take care of a dog in game after I got done taking care of a pet in real life?

Again, this isn't the fun type of immersive. This is the annoying type of immersive.

I am feeding my Kubrow all the time, sometimes he gets some infested, the other day a few Grineer and then some Corpus.

And in the not so far future he will get some delicious Sentients.

60k per week is that much ? its only ~10 dark sector missions if the tax is not too high

Only 10 missions to do nothing except keep a virtual pet alive? Yeah, that's totally a worthwhile time investment. For some people, that's likely most of their playtime for the week. For me, those are 10 missions in which I could have been farming for something other than just credits.

DNA Stabilizers should be removed (ideally), but I'd settle for making them dirt cheap (10k or less) and/or making them obtainable through other means (craftable or a resource drop like Fieldron, Detonite, Mutagen components). The 3-hour stasis thing really needs to go too, it's a complete waste of time and platinum no matter how you look at it.

Kubrows are amazing and every day I consider taking mine out of stasis, yet I've kept it in there for over a month now because I got tired of dealing with the costs. It's even too much effort to exploit the system by putting the kubrow in stasis every day before the login reset. How's that for design feedback, DE?

Edited by Ailith

Use Pack Leader mod along with high rank Link Health/Armor. My Kubrows almost never die because of this so I'm only having to throw a Stabilizer at them maybe once a week.

Edited by Xcedis