Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strangest Reason To Be Ignored By Another Player

Ingway

I had some guy that I ran into in various waves in Sechura friend me.  Occasionally, I would go later waves in Sechura with after that, or he'd just jump in when I was already there.  The extent of text I'd gotten from him was asking what wave, or asking to go to a later wave.  All normal, right?

A couple months later, when I hadn't seen him too much, he jumps into a Sechura match (go figure) that I'm already in.  I mention in chat that I have to leave at 15 (for real life stuff, but I didn't specify because you don't really have time to type if you're on PS4 trying to make messages in between waves).  He and the other guy wind up staying, I leave.  There might've been a host migration, I can't recall if I was the host.

So after I came back, I get a message from him that has a string of expletives and says I'm sh*tty player- learn to play.  I reply to the effect, "Maybe, did you stay many waves with that other guy after I left?"  And he replies again saying, to the effect, "No really, you're horrible, I can't believe how bad you are, you should kill yourself, etc."  This seems odd, considering it was someone that friended me, and that I was pretty responsible for carrying in the past - and that was pretty much our only interaction.  I reply to the effect, "Yeah, I need some work, there's still a lot things for me to level and stuff I'm not good at yet."  He replies, "F*** you." and ignores me.  He had apparently defriended me at some point either before that or at the same time.

I can't claim we were "close", but the defriending and ignoring struck me as odd.  His odd tirade against *me* and my skill was also a little left-field considering he'd never even been around to see me fail horribly (which of course has happened a few times).  

i remember i pm'd someone asking for no noobs in his/her squad, (i think it was T3-4 defence). i told him i was a noob jokingly and he ignored me. no jokes in this game huh? 

This didn't happen in Warframe, but there was an incident between me and a friend (no, the incident didn't affect either of us negatively at the time) that I found amusing. I came to refer to that in a joking manner on occasions. At one point, that friend got all &!$$ed at me and said something along the lines of "oh, not this stupid overused joke again".

If I was referring to it at every opportunity I found, I'd understand his reaction. But I have only mentioned it two or three times. Some people you meet just have a really different sense of humor, if any at all.

I have never been ignored in Warframe as far as I know. Being a primarily-solo player who has a general mistrust of most people does have its benefits.

Edited by Fat_Nom

one time I was shopping for Nova Prime parts for a friend and someone was selling.

I messaged asked how much he/she wanted for it

and got a tirade of curse words.  Then few seconds after "I love you!"

I put that bipolar on my ignore list so fast ....

I regularly put people on ignore who repeatedly invite me to squads unasked just because I'm near the top of the list in region chat.

I even get invites from randoms (not on friends list) when I'm already in a mission. No idea where the heck these people are getting my name from.

I get this alot also, though i dont put peope on my ignore list (amazing what type of missions ive gotten invited to before)

I have some story if you want : I wanted to join rep farm like you with the right frame but nop got instant ignore after this

Some people that I told ingame that "they was'nt good" (well not really this way but you see what i mean) in the end the dude attempt to  ignore , unlock to swear , ignore , repeat i ignored him  in the end not like I care but if someone can't stand some word abusing the ignore function is not good way to do this

Just recently I got ignored strangely. He was hosting a T3 or T4 MD or defense, dont remember.

I dont have a reason why. We joined the mission. I was a vauban, so not a useless frame. He did not say to brink any specific frame.

Another time I got igonred while I offered someone a rare mod. Its that mod that heals you when you channel with a melee. I offered it cheap, but for some reason, I was ignored.

Another time I got igonred while I offered someone a rare mod. Its that mod that heals you when you channel with a melee. I offered it cheap, but for some reason, I was ignored.

Might have misclicked, since ignore and invite are right next to each other.

Edit: guilty of misclicking before.

Edited by 321agemo

Wow.. thats insane.

Also, just as a future note, if the whole team is using Corrosive Projection, Smite Infusion will be next to useless. It would be better having Venom Overdoes or Fireball Frenzy (as 4 CP reduces armour by like 120%, therefore destroying it entierly)

This might have been said elsewhere in the thread, but I have't read it all.

Corrosive Projections (and other debuffer auras like it) are multiplicative. It isn't 30% x 4, it's 30% increases to the base increase. Still reliable and powerful, but not armor destroying.

i was watching recruit channel for squad and i saw a host of t4 def recruiting pple who r not ult spammers.....o.O i was like wht hes talkin about...i asked him wht wrong with ult sapmming and he said...."U R ONE OF EM" and i wrote 'what?' and says 'user ignoring u'......i felt like a freakin ZOMBIE or NAZI :'D....also never understood wht he was talking about though..

Edited by alimuzzaman1