The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

I don't know the reasons behind the removal of frost prime, but what matters is will he ever come back. So hes going into the prime vault with the founders pack. Couldn't They put his parts in different areas of the world. 

This is what i suggest as a way to obtain frost.

1 piece comes from darvo, and must optain reputation with darvo. darvo will be another syndicate like figure.

1 piece comes from the PvP syndicate leader who is yet to be announced. OR for those that will have nothing to do with PvP can be acquired from the void trader at some point.

1 piece cames from cephalon simaris. 

2 of these individuals are collectors of rare and unique finds(or stolen goods). the third is yet to be announced, but in most games like this PvP NPC have rare and great gear only to be found in the PvP area. I know this sounds like a lot of grind, but these figures need good rewards that won't amp up the power creep warframe suffering from. Its not something you have to grind for, because like all syndicate items that can only be obtained from that syndicate can be traded.  

Edited by rechot

I'm not sure why they aren't taking advantage of the Derelict. We need more Prime drops there as it is. it'd make the Derelict even more useful while not 'clogging' up the Void. In that Case Derelict missions could be vamped up in difficulty, Mission types and given a complete overhaul, While retaining the ability to make the keys.

Edited by Latiac

hes not in same vault as excal prime its not a founder pack... he just chilling wih a machete and gorgon and ether daggers untill they are rewarded again

Thought there was a quest right now where you can get Ether Daggers.

Lets face it......Frost Prime?  No longer the King of Defense missions (he never was either but some thought so), Latron Prime?  Was it ever the King of anything?  Reaper Prime?  Until scythes get some love it is terrible...

I can't tell you the last time I saw a Latron or Reaper in a game somewhere.....and Frost? Maybe there will be a few less snow globes around and I won't have to stand directly beside a cryopod to protect it while getting pounded by enemy fire that isn't even directed at me.....

This IS a good thing.....

I main the Latron Prime :p  Loves it!

Still use Reaper Prime too.

How exactly does removing 11 items from the drop tables dilute them?  I guess I don't follow.....Keys, rare mods, orokin cells, and prime parts drop from the void.  There has to be some type of Low reward (keys, mods, resources) as well as the high rewards (prime parts)...so removing some old parts from the game sounds like a perfect plan to me. 

Keys, "rare mods" (R5 was the closest thing to being a rare mod), orokin cells, they all can be obtained outside the void. Now if you want to dilute a drop table you don't go for the highest rewards (prime parts) but you take a look at the low rewards (that are also obtained else where) that might be clogging the droptable with their high drop chance. The only way for this plan to sound reasonable is if DE provide an explanation as to what is going to happen arfter the frostp set is removed. Saying that it's going to just randomly come back isn't enough of an explanation to be reasonable.

Edited by Postal_pat

Keys, "rare mods" (R5 was the closest thing to being a rare mod), orokin cells, they all can be obtained outside the void. Now if you want to dilute a drop table you don't go for the highest rewards (prime parts) but you take a look at the low rewards (that are also obtained else where) that might be clogging the droptable with their high drop chance. The only way for this plan to sound reasonable is if DE provide an explanation as to what is going to happen arfter the frostp set is removed. Saying that it's going to just randomly come back isn't enough of an explanation to be reasonable.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't know what 'dilute' means.... But I digress....This is still a good thing.  Hopefully everyone will realize that once they see it in-game.

And Gorgon has been dropping on alerts, so I would expect that FrostP will be back. 

It sounds more like they're doing a major re-org on the 'end-game' content now and all this stuff is simply being removed temporarily as they work out how they want it to drop.

hes not in same vault as excal prime its not a founder pack... he just chilling wih a machete and gorgon and ether daggers untill they are rewarded again

Which means we shouldn't be hopeful that we'll ever see him again.

Actually it specifically says 'Prime' Vault.....not just the vault....  Still maybe not the final resting place of Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime but certainly not the same as the Boar, Machete, ect....Even Gorgon glaive, ect are not in the vault yet as they can still be obtained in game. 

Wow, when I came here I didn't expect it to be so blandly uninteresting.

No, OP, you are missing the point. DE isn't removing Frost/Latron/Whatsitsname Prime because they don't know where to put them. Nobody at DE is currently staring at all the game map crying "Oh, ye cruel fate, no place for my Frostie, we shall remove him forever". There are heaps of under-rewarding missions, and they know it. They are aware of how many Syndicates there are in game. They could even create a new Syndicate where all the rewards are Prime components.

No, they are removing Frost Prime because they want him removed.

Until they change their mind.

P.S. The PvP Syndicate leader has been announced. He's called Teshin, he's an amazingly old Tenno who didn't go into cryosleep and he is somewhat hostile to the Lotus.

i just got back from work and it seems as if all has devolved into chaos

what is going on?what is this confusing thing about "frost prime removal"?

honestly id look it up myself but so many threads are popping up all over the forums i cant tell what is going on

Which means we shouldn't be hopeful that we'll ever see him again.

Actually every item that has been thrown in the vault has made a reappearance in some way or another. Gorgon is still present as a login reward. Ether daggers are a quest reward and they gave us a machete bp a while back as a gift. Now if I could just get my hands on a snipetron and snipetron vandal.

Edited by xRufus7x