Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only A Ginger..

Sibernetika

It's our word. It even contains all the same letters as the N-word, so you can tell that it's true.

How did I never notice that?

I've also never understood why gingers are called gingers. (Yeah, I said it. Twice, even. You wanna fight about it?)

As Llyssa pointed out, ginger is brownish yellow. Sometimes pink if it's served with sushi. But I've never seen red or freckled ginger.

Edited by Kestral9999

As Llyssa pointed out, ginger is brownish yellow. Sometimes pink if it's served with sushi. But I've never seen red or freckled ginger.

Considering ginger is brownish yellow, what's the deal?

You are only looking at the roots from the market. 

The actual flower that buds from it is very red.

EH8xITG.jpg

Calling someone with Red/Orange hair a "Ginger" is very Offensive unless you know them personally. 

It's like calling a Blonde "a dumb blonde" or a brunette "a sh*t head".

You don't just walk up to blonde's and brunette's and call them that, which is why "ginger" is no better being said to a Red/Orange Haired person. 

I've grown up having unreal Red/Orange/Strawberry Blonde hair/whatever you wanna call it. My whole life i was called a "ginger". It's not fun when people know you as "the ginger kid" rather then your own name. Children are always harsh like that, picking on people's appearance's. I was just starting high-school when the kick a ginger day south park fad started. I probably punched out more kid's that day then the kid's who were kicked. Didn't even get in sh*t since it became so new's worthy, starting assemble's etc. Now that i am a lot older now, i appreciate my hair a lot more. It's nice to get compliment's on my hair color from random people i meet.   Just a little input from a fellow ginger.  

I've grown up having unreal Red/Orange/Strawberry Blonde hair/whatever you wanna call it. My whole life i was called a "ginger". It's not fun when people know you as "the ginger kid" rather then your own name. Children are always harsh like that, picking on people's appearance's. I was just starting high-school when the kick a ginger day south park fad started. I probably punched out more kid's that day then the kid's who were kicked. Didn't even get in sh*t since it became so new's worthy, starting assemble's etc. Now that i am a lot older now, i appreciate my hair a lot more. It's nice to get compliment's on my hair color from random people i meet.   Just a little input from a fellow ginger.  

Welcome in our society bro :/

Calling someone with Red/Orange hair a "Ginger" is very Offensive unless you know them personally. 

I just learned to deal with it, and accept it, then again, people call me a lot worse names more often xD

Somebody tried to kick me in high school once... They received a roundhouse to the chest via steel toe boot.

It's not a theory. I looked up the etymology of this years back, when it grew to be so popular.

Etymological things are theory unless they have actual proof backing it. If you looked it up somewhere, it makes it that person's theory.

It seems unlikely, at best.

Where did you find it?

Etymological things are theory unless they have actual proof backing it. If you looked it up somewhere, it makes it that person's theory.

It seems unlikely, at best.

Where did you find it?

Actually there are a lot of reliable ways to trace Etymology, following word roots, languages, cultures, etc. This one is a bit more difficult because it's slang. I'll try to find the book, but it's fairly well agreed that it is a British pejorative term that developed during their occupying parts of Malaysia. Originally it was more referring to them as a flower, and girly. Originally it only had to do with red hair, and not with pale skin or freckles.