Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fury Vs Berserker

(PSN)gutbrucer

Question

I've been playing for a long time now and always put berserker on sheet fury, if i was really looking for a high attack speed on a critical melee build. I just watched a youtube video for the dragon nikana/blind justice build. I'd post a link, but have no idea how to accomplish that feat.

In the video, the guy used berserker and not fury. This seemed strange to me, as he's essentially waiting for a critical to happen, in order to increase his attack speed. I read through everybody's responses and nobody mentioned that he should use fury instead.

Am i missing something here? Did berserker change?

The Blind Justice stance movements have more hits in one slash so a Fury mod isn't really needed for it~

More hits = A more likely chance to crit and activate Berserker~

But Fury is still good. I am hoping for Primed Fury though......

Ya one of the things they really needed to reword on Berserker as it just makes you think it is an inferior Fury mod. The fact that it stacks 3 times makes it great for crit weapons, and if you really want some speed of light, add on Fury with it.

When using it with any Nikana stance, though I find TC the best for aoe swings, one swing will hit multiple foes which increases the chances of a crit per enemy hit. So even if you had a 24% crit chance, if you hit 4 mobs with one swing, chances are you will have at least one crit out of it. So it doesn't take much to keep Beserker up and at 3 stacks. 

I am hoping for they change back the fury +60% speed at max level. Instead of making primed mods and delute the drop tables.

How does primed fury dilute drop tables? Wouldn't that just be from the Void trader?

Primed mods i think is the way to go, as it gives everyone something to work towards, and will offer you more than you had with the reg mod at rank 6.

Indeed, stacking is what makes Berserker a better option than Fury on crit based weapons (and off course if you're planning to land hits with your melee and not just use it as a mobility tool).

In the video bellow, I'm using a berserker on my Dragon Nikana (without any stance).

For most melee weapons, 10% crit chance is enough to use the Berserker.

The Blind Justice stance movements have more hits in one slash so a Fury mod isn't really needed for it~

More hits = A more likely chance to crit and activate Berserker~

But Fury is still good. I am hoping for Primed Fury though......

Fury used to give 60% increased attack speed for a long time.  It would be sooo wrong of DE to nerf it down to 30%, then force us to max another rank-10 primed mod just to get Fury almost back to it's previous state.

Attack speed also affects how quickly you move when doing slide and jump attacks. Many people still choose Fury over Berserker for the consistency and the mobility, though in the rare case that I want a DPS melee weapon I tend to bring both!

What is preventing people from using both?

Nothing, my main Dikana build has crit mods, Fury + Beserker and base damage mods. It crits all the time, swings so damn fast that it kills everything around you and the spin of death you don't have to worry about missing anyone as you zoom by.

Also, one thing attack speed on melee bring that many shrug off for bigger damage but much slower, is survivability. Slow swing means your eating a lot of bullets to the face from the mobs in front of you, where as high AS means i'm killing them all before that is happening. Also hitting mobs with melee gets them to change how they attack you for just long enough that they won't shoot you.

Ohhhh...Is this new?

nope! the Mod has done it since forever.

quite a few people argued that it was untrue until the UI showed that it does stack.

even though the Attack Speed difference is quite noticeable, quite a few Players said it wasn't there.

Berserker stacks to 30/60/75% for each consecutive Crit. each Speed Boost has a separate 24 Second Timer.

. Primed mods dilute the drop table? What? They are purchase only, can't drop or transmute, they offer no dilution.

These mods in a  random rotation from the void trader but I am mostly against primed mods because those mods gives powercreep and makes the regular ones pointless.

The devs can solve this to buffing those regular rare mods and other mods to be competitive in level with the corrupted mods which already gives far more extra.

Edit: This is the same practice what they did with a lot of mods as a results now those utility mods are useless or not preferable. 

Edited by Sziklamester