Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Stop Stealth Nerfing Frames

Tsukinoki

DE: I got in game and tried using Excalibur only to find that you have put LOS back into his ultimate in the worst way possible.  It is now at the same levels of uselessness as what Mags Shield Polarize was right as you started nerfing Viver (You know, the nerf where her own shield polarize wouldn't affect herself because she didn't have LOS to herself apparently?).  And yet it is not in the patchnotes, so I have to ask why?

If you're going to nerf something please tell us.
Don't just hide it in the game as a surprise to your players.

For anyone who doesn't know:
Radial Javelin now requires LOS.
But its not standard LOS to your frame.
No.  The enemies have to actually be on your screen to be affected.

I have tested this and if you run by a group of enemies and they are no longer on your screen but are still well within your range and with absolutely nothing between you and them they simply wont be affected by RJ.
Even as they stand there and shoot you through the entire RJ animation.

It doesn't matter what obstacles, or lack of, are between you and the enemies, but if your camera isn't pointed at them then apparently you no longer have LOS to them as far as RJ is concerned.

LOS is one thing.
What DE managed to do with this very strict form of RJ is something else, and much worse, that makes the skill pretty much unusable.

Edited by Tsukinoki

DE: I got in game and tried using Excalibur only to find that you have put LOS back into his ultimate in the worst way possible.  It is now at the same levels of uselessness as what Mags Shield Polarize was right as you started nerfing Viver.  And yet it is not in the patchnotes, so I have to ask why?

If you're going to nerf something please tell us.

Don't just hide it in the game as a surprise to your players.

For anyone who doesn't know:

Radial Javelin now requires LOS.

But its not standard LOS to your frame.

No.  The enemies have to actually be on your screen to be affected.

I have tested this and if you run by a group of enemies and they are no longer on your screen but are still well within your range and with absolutely nothing between you and them they simply wont be affected by RJ.

Even as they stand there and shoot you through the entire RJ animation.

It doesn't matter what obstacles, or lack of, are between you and the enemies, but if your camera isn't pointed at them then apparently you no longer have LOS to them as far as RJ is concerned.

LOS is one thing.

What DE managed to do with this very strict form of RJ is something else, and much worse, that makes the skill pretty much unusable.

On the bright side: It solves the problem of the Rep Farm.

Oh! And maybe the damage is better distributed then.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

@slykidd
I tested this in a decent amount of missions last night.
I ran past a group of enemies to RJ a room.
The enemies behind me continued to shoot me through the entire RJ as I stood there wondering why they weren't dead.
I turned my camera back to them to cast RJ again and it killed them like expected.
EDIT: And this was when I was trying out the new melee weapons and it was very low level planets where it would be impossible for them to survive being hit by it.

This happened reliably.
If my camera wasn't looking at them they wouldn't get hit and would continue to shoot me.
Even in cases where there was literally nothing between me and enemies but air.

This is just as bad as the nerf during the Vivergate period where Mags shield polarize didn't affect herself because she didn't have LOS to herself.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I second this.

I have recorded videos,incase DE needs a reference. Just pm me and I will upload those to YouTube and send them the link.

On the bright side: It solves the problem of the Rep Farm.

Oh! And maybe the damage is better distributed then.

Except, Rep farm is now useless with us getting only 19k daily rep,even at MR18.

I really hope this is a mistake on DE's part,else I will be really pissed.

Well Mag's pull now requires LOS. Although that's an easily spammable 1 so I can kinda see the reason.

I want Loki's 4 nerfed and every other ability that can curve around walls. No 4 should be able to avoid LoS. 

Edit: This is just Excalibur being singled out.

Edited by LazyKnight

LOL, seriously?

This is to keep the game healthy, which you need to actually play the game instead of standing in one spot and press 1 button. Why are you complaining instead adjusting to your frame? Or are all you people those kind of farmers with your buddies, Rhino, Trinity and Mag? xD

I want Loki's 4 nerfed and every other ability that can curve around walls. No 4 should be able to avoid LoS. 

Edit: This is just Excalibur being singled out.

Sorry, bro, but it makes sense. Loki sends out an energy wave that goes through walls and stuff. ;)

Excalibur, on the other hand, wouldn't make much sense to be able to hit things that he can't see, now can he?

@Duyet
This goes beyond normal LOS.

If only walls/doors/containers blocked it that would be one thing.
But when it requires enemies to be on your screen to be affected in a game where enemies will spawn behind you and swarm you from all directions with nothing you can do to stop it that is something else entirely.

Edited by Tsukinoki

You sure it's not a bug?

It could be a PVP balance adjustment thing that somehow got transferred to standard power. It would require a DE to verify, since nothing about an Excalibur change is in the patch notes, besides a cosmetic change.

Edited by LazyKnight

@VampirePirate
The last time an ability had such strict LOS (Mags Shield Polarize near the beginning of 'Vivergate') it was intentional and quickly reverted because of how much it harmed the ability.
So chances are a change like this (to go from non LOS to requiring enemies to be on your screen) isn't a bug.

Even if it was a change that was meant for PvP and accidently leaked over to PvE there still are no patch notes about that.
Meaning that even if it was a bug for it to be applied to PvE, they should have still covered it in their patch notes about PvP.

@Artarrwen
My only question at that point is why then wasn't it in the PvP notes anywhere either?
If it was an accidently nerf to PvE (and I hope so) yet it was an intended change to PvP they should have still stated so in the patch notes.
Even with that it is still a stealth nerf to excaliber in PvP and should have been in the notes.

Any form of stealth nerfing/changing should be avoided.
DE needs to let us know what they changed and how they changed it when it relates to our weapons and frames.

After neft and after neft, i think this game is start dying. If any of you guy need sample, Rakion is the good sample. At old time, Rakion use to be one of the exelent game i have ever play. But after neft, update, neft, update, Rakion now is died, no one play it anymore. The only thing that game waiting is shut dow server.

@Artarrwen

My only question at that point is why then wasn't it in the PvP notes anywhere either?

If it was an accidently nerf to PvE (and I hope so) yet it was an intended change to PvP they should have still stated so in the patch notes.

Even with that it is still a stealth nerf to excaliber in PvP and should have been in the notes.

Any form of stealth nerfing/changing should be avoided.

DE needs to let us know what they changed and how they changed it when it relates to our weapons and frames.

They didn't describe every single change made to other frames and weapons in the PVP mode, either.

I still believe that this is the case, rather than assume things and jump to accusations like some others.